The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

4k Issues with ESO Morrowind

Meroveus
Meroveus
Soul Shriven
I have been playing EOS since December in 4k with no issues. However, when I started up ESO after the Morrowind launch, the launch art screen with the Dunmer assassin and Warden is shown. The TV loses signal (to switch to 4k I assume) and when the screen returns there is a white sheen over the entire screen like the brightness is jacked all the way up and there is a noticeable loss in vibrant color to boot. Noticing that the graphics are not being displayed correctly, I hit the PS button and closed the application and restarted. After that, all seemed to be working fine. The graphics are displayed in 4k with vibrant colors again and no white sheen covering the screen. The very next day it happened again, this time numerous restarts will not resolve the issue and the crappy, dull colors and white sheen persists. I have even tried to run the game in 1080p but the issue persists. I put in Skyrim to see if the 4k graphics were fine and they were. So it seems that this issue is ESO specific. Before closing the application on the PS4 home screen, the same display error is shown. The second the application is turned off, the screen briefly loses signal and all returns to normal. Spent a bit of cash to play ESO in 4k and this issue is really putting a damper on wanting to play since the display looks atrocious and this never happened prior to the Morrowind update. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I am using a PS4 pro and all the enchanced 4k settings have already been previously enabled on my 55" Sony Bravia smart TV since all other 4k applications are being displayed correctly.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like ESO is trying to push HDR signal to your probably non HDR tv , go to the console settings 》display and screen 》and change the HDR from Automatic to OFF
    Edited by RouDeR on June 10, 2017 9:28AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got 4000 issues but Morrowind aint one.

(had to be done, sorry)
  • Meroveus
    Meroveus
    Soul Shriven
    RESOLVED. Gave power cycling the PS4 a try and that seems to have corrected it. All seems to be displaying properly now. Just leaving PS4 in standby didn't do the trick. Perhaps not allowing the latest update to install correctly without a restart. I saw all the complaints about 4k HDR ESO being "too dark" and thought that may have been "the fix". Move along, these aren't the bugs you are looking for...