Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Install

pogib14
pogib14
Soul Shriven
So can't find a phone number to call. Can't find a way to email anyone for assistance. So starting with the forum. I can't install the game since your installer fails to recognize 900+ GB's of HD space and refuses to install. Assistance appreciated.

adq9pwkp7qit.png
  • carl.dudaub17_ESO
    I have the same exact issue. Not enough space on the default location Zenny tests and the installer won't recognize the free space on a different volume I select. I could not upgraded to Morrowwind on my current volume (64 GB SD with 10 GB free) so I'm switching to a 128 GB SD and doing a fresh installation.
    Help Please!!!
    the_droog - NA - EP- DK
    droog_junior- NA-DC-Sorc
  • Plemish
    Plemish
    Soul Shriven
    Please help. I'm also facing the same issue.

hHq380A.png
    auXRH8M.png
    Edited by Plemish on June 10, 2017 3:13PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a Mac, but on PC the launcher and game must be on same hard drive in the same folder. Are you installing launcher on the drive with space?
  • Plemish
    Plemish
    Soul Shriven
    I don't have a Mac, but on PC the launcher and game must be on same hard drive in the same folder. Are you installing launcher on the drive with space?

Yes. As you can see, the drive has 164 out of 249GB of space. I've also tried installing it on a a external HD with 1TB+ of space and the launcher doesn't even recognise that the available space has changed. Being able to run it is one thing, I can't even install it.
    Edited by Plemish on June 10, 2017 3:16PM
  • pogib14
    pogib14
    Soul Shriven
    @JasonSilverSpring As far as I can tell this installer is both the launcher and game. So I don't have either, but intend to install all of it onto the same drive if necessary. But as @Plemish stated, the installer only recognizes the boot drive and incorrectly at that. This I believe is something on their end that is just failing to be fixed.

@Plemish do you happen to have Time Machine Backup's running at all, and if so are you using the external or the internal boot drive.
  • Plemish
    Plemish
    Soul Shriven
    pogib14 wrote: »
    @JasonSilverSpring As far as I can tell this installer is both the launcher and game. So I don't have either, but intend to install all of it onto the same drive if necessary. But as @Plemish stated, the installer only recognizes the boot drive and incorrectly at that. This I believe is something on their end that is just failing to be fixed.

@Plemish do you happen to have Time Machine Backup's running at all, and if so are you using the external or the internal boot drive.

No I'm not using Time Machine. I highly suspect that since the total "free space" is really free + purgeable, is it up to macOS to release the purgeable space to the installer or is it up to the installer to claim that purgeable space? Because I can install GW2, War Thunder or other games and move media around just fine.
  • pogib14
    pogib14
    Soul Shriven
    @Plemish I would think this installer would be responsible but when I was working with support (still am) they mentioned Time Machine. So just curious if you were running into that issue. I as well have other games that I have the launchers on the boot drive but the game on secondary.
  • Plemish
    Plemish
    Soul Shriven
    pogib14 wrote: »
    @Plemish I would think this installer would be responsible but when I was working with support (still am) they mentioned Time Machine. So just curious if you were running into that issue. I as well have other games that I have the launchers on the boot drive but the game on secondary.

Thanks but I don't have time machine turned on.
  • LorenaCorleone
    LorenaCorleone
    Soul Shriven
    Experienced the same problem and emptied my laptop of everything possible, including all applications. I had space that the installer failed to recognize, plus a 132 GB external hard drive. I went through the horrific loop of customer service and they just kept suggesting the same "solutions" as if I had not tried them already. I ended up asking for a refund :'( I hope one day they will actually fix this problem
  • Plemish
    Plemish
    Soul Shriven
    Experienced the same problem and emptied my laptop of everything possible, including all applications. I had space that the installer failed to recognize, plus a 132 GB external hard drive. I went through the horrific loop of customer service and they just kept suggesting the same "solutions" as if I had not tried them already. I ended up asking for a refund :'( I hope one day they will actually fix this problem

https://sixcolors.com/post/2016/10/purgeable-storage-sierra/
    Free space is what we’ve always known it to be. It’s space on disk where there’s nothing, that’s ready to have data poured into it. Purgeable space is different. Purgeable space is a collection of files that are really on disk, ready to be read or modified or added to at any time—stuff like files stored in iCloud, dictionaries you haven’t used recently, certain large fonts (especially of Asian languages) that you may never or rarely use, movies and TV shows you’ve already watched (and are re-downloadable from iTunes), and photos and videos in that are synced with iCloud Photo Library (if the Optimize Mac Storage setting is turned on in Photos preferences).

These are real files, but Apple considers them expendable. They can be deleted immediately, without warning, in order to free up disk space, because they can always be downloaded again later.

Now here’s the big change in macOS Sierra: Apple adds the amount of truly free space to the amount of purgeable space, and that’s what is displayed on your Mac as the amount of free space on disk. As I write this, my boot drive has 51.3GB of free space—and 22.6GB of purgeable space. In the old days, this would be reported to me as 51.3GB free. In macOS Sierra, it’s reported as 73.9GB free.

According to Apple, if I were to try to copy a 60GB file onto my drive, it would just work. The system would work in the background to purge enough stuff to fit my file and keep a decent amount of free space on the drive so that my Mac wouldn’t slow to a crawl, which happens when your disk is nearly completely full.

On our end as users, I think it's just easier for us to focus on the truly free space available, the white part not the one with the diagonal gray lines. Annoying but I suspect it's really up to the installer to tell macOS that it's need the space then macOS will clear up some form the purgeable section.
  • Aretli
    Aretli
    Soul Shriven
    Hi All,

Having the same issue... trying to install game on an external HD with almost 150 free GB (totally free) but the launcher is not recognizing the free space when I change the instal location.