Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Daily Dungeon runs, is it worth it???

lucadi
lucadi
I can see that the group finder has a random dungeon run a day... is it worth it? I mean 19k exp seems plenty to make it worth the time but I have never done any run myself. Please help with advices... Thanks in advance...

*** edited ***
it is 27,580 exp, by the way...
Edited by lucadi on June 3, 2017 5:18AM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lucadi
    Some more info would be helpful to answer your question.
    1. What level are you?
    2. Do/Would you enjoy running 4-man group content?
    3. Do you understand the roles of Healer, Tank, and Damage Dealer in a group, and which role you would play?

Generally speaking, running the random dungeon can be done for three purposes.
    1. Big XP for the first random run each day
    2. Mailed reward for completing a random dungeon (Willpower and Agility jewelry is some of the best in the game)
    3. Chance that the dungeon you get is also one of the Undaunted pledges for that day. (2 birds with 1 stone)

If you're low level and don't really understand how to play in a group, you might have a tough time queing solo. See if you can join a guild or two and ask some guild members to walk you through a dungeon, teaching how it's done. That would give you a much better experience.
    Edited by dpencil1 on June 3, 2017 4:17AM
  • lucadi
    lucadi
    I am 24... 4 man group content would nice... I have played MMO long enough to know those terms... and I guess I could solo a few times just for some nice exp I guess... I am no newbie at MMORPGs, just to TESO. Thanks for the reply, dpencil1~! :)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll steal the info you gave pencil and piggyback on the thread, lol. Let's cover some basics about undaunted group dungeons (denoted on your map as an icon the looks like a square stone doorway with a plus sign on the lower right).

- most zones have an undaunted dungeon, then imperial city has two and shadows of the hist includes two.

- all of these dungeons have one skill point quest, and then about half include a second version of the dungeon with an additional skill point quest. You won't see the second version until you complete the first, or receive a pledge to do the second.

- all versions can be set to normal or hard mode in the group leader's social...group menu. The dungeon difficulty must be set before entering or it becomes a pain to change.

- generally these are made for four players, but many can be completed with fewer. I solo most normal dungeons with my vet toons no problem.

- you may enter and play these dungeons at any level. However, once you hit player level 43 (or 45...I forget) you'll get an invite to join the undaunted. At the undaunted enclave there are three quest givers who will hand you one RNG dungeon quest each day. This rewards a big xp gain and a chest key. So the most efficient way to play these dungeons is to wait and stack the dungeon quests and undaunted dailies...but if you end up collecting monster sets you'll be running these a lot, so stacking quests isn't imperative.

- save your chest keys (they stack) until you are cp160...even if that takes a long time. The only thing of value in there is a RNG monster shoulder piece. You want these to be max level gear, and fortunately the level procs when you open the chest so you can save up for a bunch of keys for down the road. Low level shoulders are pretty useless, but knock yourself out if you want to wear one at lower levels (they're one of the onlymset types that provides a buff for one piece, so if your setup has one odd slot open they're very useful).

- vet dungeons each reward a guaranteed monster helm specific to that dungeon on vet mode. Armor weight and trait are RNG.

- normal dungeons are mostly ok for any level toon. For vet runs I usually advise starting at 200+ champion points, depending on your skill level and build.

- group finder is one way to run these, but you might find people in the finder are looking to do very quick farms. They can be rude and annoying about this. It's rare, but I've seen complaints in these forums about a group kicking a lower level newbie rudely. But some pigs are great...just be aware they vary. If you want to run these and enjoy the quests at your own speed, belonging to some larger guilds and putting out a text chat can be a better way to get a group. And if you find some friends to do regular groups, it can make these way more fun.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daily random dungeon give lots of xp, doing the dungeon the first time also give a lot of xp.

However doing random dungeons with the finder on an low level character is a bit dangerous.
    You can get one of the dlc dungeons, that rarely work well unless its an high level group who will carry you.
    Because of some bug this dungeons has no level requirements even if they are the hardest.
    Not your fault just rng. just try again,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    - you may enter and play these dungeons at any level. However, once you hit player level 43 (or 45...I forget) you'll get an invite

It's 45.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107

Great advice; great post. Thank you. An awesome to you!

I do have a question for you. Let's say I am a level 50, CP 630+ character and can solo normal dungeons. Can I get an undaunted pledge for a normal dungeon and do this solo? I have never tried, just curious if this even possible.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you hit level 43 (or 45, I forget) and join the undaunted you can pick up dailies from each of the three quest givers each day. Each quest giver deals out a different set of dungeons.

The dailies are not automatically set to normal/vet...you set this via your social...group menu (even if solo, this is how you set any dungeon difficulty). Do this BEFORE entering the daily dungeon, and when it loads the mobs will be normal or vet based on the setting. Note: if you load the wrong difficulty, you have to exit the dungeon, change the difficulty setting, then relog the character. Sometimes this will reset the dungeon when you re-enter, sometimes you have to drop the daily and pick it up again. This is a arduous process...try to make sure the setting is correct before going in.

In answer to your question: yes. You can try to solo a 4 player undaunted daily. You don't have to be c630, you can try this at any time. A solo normal undaunted will be quite a bit more difficult than a solo public dungeon. And FYI, some bosses have a mechanic that stuns/traps you...the intent being to promote group work, where another player has to free you. As an example, in Fungal Grotto 2 there's a required boss that pins you to the ground and calls four spirits to tick down a guaranteed kill. The mechanic forces a group member to kill the spirits before the bomb goes off to free you...this dungeon can't be soloed because there's no way to escape this. This is rare in normal undaunted dungeons, but in some cases where this occurs the dungeon is hard/impossible to do alone.

When you complete the quest parameters for either the dungeon quest or the undaunted daily, you get the same reward regardless if you soloed or grouped. Imsolo these often, but I like running the normals with one other friend. It's like 5x faster.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107

Great advice; great post. Thank you. An awesome to you!

I do have a question for you. Let's say I am a level 50, CP 630+ character and can solo normal dungeons. Can I get an undaunted pledge for a normal dungeon and do this solo? I have never tried, just curious if this even possible.
    You can, you can not use the finder for this but has to teleport to dungeon the old way.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.