Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Beginner on ESO Starting to build a Magplar character need help and alot of question

Bbsample197
Bbsample197
✭✭✭✭
I started playing this game game a month ago but stop in the middle of it, I just started playing again after two weeks of hiatus and I forgot where I left off, seems that im building my first character in game.
-What set should I use for a magplar dps build, should I gor for julianos set for a beginner one? im currently at 200+ cp,(how much does 5 pc julianos set cost in purple?)
-What kind of skills should I use? is it possible to become a magplar dps but at the same time a suitable healer?
-how can I increase my spell damage ive tried upgrading my weapons to purple but i only got up to 1100 damage on staff and 1400 spell damage on dual wield, how can people reach 2k and even 3-4k spell damage, im using a spinner set and two julianos sword on my primary bar and a purple inferno set on my back bar, ive tried builds online but it seems that most of them are pretty outdated since the new patch launch on morrowind.
- i die too quickly on dgns i only have 11k hp and Im always getting hit, how can I survive from attacks.

I always have the feeling that i dont understand this game compared to other mmo that ive played, its like theres too much that you need to know in order to play it, im always at lost in this game.
and becuase of that i couldnt stay log in for a long time since I burned out too quickly, ive tried reading some guides but that doesnt help me at all, most of them espeially deltias guide only puts me to confusion even more. could anyone show me the rope once again?
sorry for my english, im having a hard time typing this on english xD please spare me.
Edited by Bbsample197 on June 2, 2017 3:12AM
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Well..

Use 5 heavy Kagrenacs instead of julianos for more survivability and then you can farm soulshine (2 sharpened swords and 3 jewelry) which is easy to get through a boss and at last getting grothdarr monster set.

Just run magicka recovery glyphs and atronach mundus to keep sustain and you will definitely feel the difference.

Just a quick solution
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a build designed for veteran trials and dungeons you can check Alcast's here: https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve/
    He makes sure to include entry level gear and CP for his listed builds.

I am not sure how viable a DPS with off-spec heal is as you may need to choose opposing morphs for skills and will most likely need additional gear.

If you're looking for some basic mechanics guides check Alcast's YouTube channel (links via his website) or try looking at MissBizz's site for her beginners videos. https://missbizzplays.com/
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spell damage you are looking at is just from your weapon.

To increase this amount you can use:
    Spell damage glyphs enchanting jewelry
    Buffs in your case Major Sorcerery from Entropy (mage's guild skill) also from potions
    Weapon enchantments enchanting a weapon and using it to proc 350ish more
    Mundus Stone
    Armor Sets
    Ability Buffs
    Class Passives
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The spell damage you are looking at is just from your weapon.

To increase this amount you can use:
    Spell damage glyphs enchanting jewelry
    Buffs in your case Major Sorcerery from Entropy (mage's guild skill) also from potions
    Weapon enchantments enchanting a weapon and using it to proc 350ish more
    Mundus Stone
    Armor Sets
    Ability Buffs
    Class Passives

I'll handle sustain now!

To start with, restoring aura, it applies minor magika steal to nearby enemies. Hitting any of these enemies will restore 300 magika. This can occur once per second, adding 600 effective magika regen. Secondly, channeled focus, it gives you your armor buffs, minor mending(bigger heals), and restores magika while you stand in it. You can also use heavy attacks from destro and resto staves to restore magika, resto restores the most and lightning destro has really nice aoe. Start with cost reduction or regen glyphs on jewelry and watch your magika pool, if it's always staying close to full, change them out 1 at a time for spell damage glyphs until you find your sweet spot.

In organized groups you'll get your sustain from the healer applying magika steal and giving orbs.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 3, 2017 4:50AM
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    -What set should I use for a magplar dps build, should I gor for julianos set for a beginner one? im currently at 200+ cp,(how much does 5 pc julianos set cost in purple?)
    -What kind of skills should I use?
    Have a look at Alcast's Beamplar.
    The two sets in the "Gerar Beginner" section, Seducer and Julianos, are both craftable.
    I'd suggest to farm the materials yourself and find a crafter who'll craft it for you - and if you want to "look good" have a look at motif pictures for armor and weapons before you contact the crafter.. ;)
    is it possible to become a magplar dps but at the same time a suitable healer?
    For dungeons: yes! It'll make runs faster, easier (less dmg and mechanics when mobs die quicker) and thus more fun!
    For normal dungeons you should be fine with your dmg build and Breath of Life instead of Mage Light.
    For veteran dungeons..you might be fine, too, if your group isn't too bad.
    Need more healing? Switch your fire staff for a healing staff and slot Mutagen or Rapid Regeneration or Healing springs instead of Elemental Blockade.
    Your DDs are crying for Magicka? Slot Necrotic Orb (or one of its morphs, from the Undaunted Guild skill line), e.g. instead of Radiant Destruction.
    -how can I increase my spell damage ive tried upgrading my weapons to purple
    weapon upgrade to gold is a huge step! I'd recommend it for your two Julianos destruction staves (if you take alcast's setup).. if you also have a healing staff: not 100% necessary.
    ive tried builds online but it seems that most of them are pretty outdated since the new patch launch on morrowind.
    alcast's build is for morrowind...
    - i die too quickly on dgns i only have 11k hp and Im always getting hit, how can I survive from attacks.
    First, you need buff-food! There are several recipes for +max life and +max magicka that'll give >5000 hp and magicka. Or buy it from guild traders - or ask a friend or someone in one of your guilds (chances are you'll get a stack for free).
    Second, use sweeps if no one else needs healing, it's a super strong self heal for magplars!
    Third, you need to watch out for one-hit mechanics! From bosses, of course, but also heavy attacks from mobs. Some are one-hits, some will knock you off your feet or stun you; these need to be blocked or dodged.
    I always have the feeling that i dont understand this game compared to other mmo that ive played, its like theres too much that you need to know in order to play it, im always at lost in this game.
    For an actual direction in this game.. maybe you need a guild and some friends!?
    You could.. aim to beat all dungeons on vet hardmode. And all 12 man trials.
    .. start PvP and become emperor one day?!
    .. do all overland achievements like explorer or master angler.

If you're unsure how to play your character, here's a simple beginner's rotation (you could also watch alcast's video for the ideal order of skills):
    Start with Focus.
    Then:
    Blockade - Shards - Bar swap
    Ritual - Vampire's Bane - Purifying light (in single target fights) or Sweeps (for mob groups) - Sweeps - Bar Swap
    Blockade - Shards - Bar swap
    Vampire's Bane - Purifying light (or Sweeps) - Sweeps - Sweeps - Bar Swap
    ...something like that should get you through all normal dungeons.
    Even solo! But you'll have to use Sweeps more and right after your bar swap in order to stay alive.

When you're comfortable try weaving light attacks in between your skills. You can fire a light attack + the next skill while the animation of the current skill is still playing.
    Like: Blockade - wait 0.5 seconds - press light attack and then the next skill while your toon is still slamming his staff on the ground for Blockade- watch the light attack and the next skill go off although you pressed it 0.5-1 second ago.
    And you can swap-cancel long playing animations like Shards, where you press the skill and don't wait until the spear hits the floor before you swap to the other bar. Try to find the sweet spot where you don't cancel out the whole skill, but only the last part of its animation..
    Pro's even block-cancel some animations to fire off light attack weave + next skill even quicker..
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive been reading these comments for the past dew days and started building up my magplar:

- I settled on a 5pc light julianos set and 2 pc grothdarr, (I have a light shoulder pc and a heavy head pc, still finding a medium pc shoulder), im currently sitting on 28k mag and 14k hp and 10 k stam, no food, it is not that good, but i guess it ok and i could survive atk by using shield (i might sacrifice hp for more magicka, is it worth it?), is this set good enough?
    - I used two dual staves one shock and one flame, compared to my double sword and a flame staff for sustain, because im always running out of magicka compared to before, or is it good to run dual wield sword anyway?
    - i might try alcast skill set but ive grown attach to BoL that it always saved my life from certain death, so im still work in progress there.
    - I can still build another set piece on my character (but only 4pc set effect, due to using two staves), but im torn apart on which set ill use, i recently learned that magicka increases your spell damage (or is it not a thing anymore?) so necropotence comes to mind since that thing increases your magicka by alot, war maidens set also comes to my mind, im currently using 3pc willpower accessory set and random staves at the moment. so which one is better war maiden or necropotence for more damage and sustain?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ive been reading these comments for the past dew days and started building up my magplar:

- I settled on a 5pc light julianos set and 2 pc grothdarr, (I have a light shoulder pc and a heavy head pc, still finding a medium pc shoulder), im currently sitting on 28k mag and 14k hp and 10 k stam, no food, it is not that good, but i guess it ok and i could survive atk by using shield (i might sacrifice hp for more magicka, is it worth it?), is this set good enough?
    - I used two dual staves one shock and one flame, compared to my double sword and a flame staff for sustain, because im always running out of magicka compared to before, or is it good to run dual wield sword anyway?
    - i might try alcast skill set but ive grown attach to BoL that it always saved my life from certain death, so im still work in progress there.
    - I can still build another set piece on my character (but only 4pc set effect, due to using two staves), but im torn apart on which set ill use, i recently learned that magicka increases your spell damage (or is it not a thing anymore?) so necropotence comes to mind since that thing increases your magicka by alot, war maidens set also comes to my mind, im currently using 3pc willpower accessory set and random staves at the moment. so which one is better war maiden or necropotence for more damage and sustain?

Necro is useless for a Magplar because they don't have any pets.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA