The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS DOWNLOADING ALL OVER AGAIN

SyedNekoChan
So I waited for like a week now to get the PTS to 50% download and patch its first 40 GB. In between I had to restart my laptop cuz it was lagging and after I reopened the launcher it starts from 0% again with its first 40 GB and is now consuming my hard disk space. The previously downloaded PTS files exist but for some reason it just downloads the whole thing all over again.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Edited by SyedNekoChan on April 28, 2017 5:48PM
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Your laptop was lagging because of the download most likely. Just delete the old PTS files and start fresh if you don't have a data cap with your ISP.
  • SyedNekoChan
    I dont think it was cuz of the download as I had other stuff open at the same time until I realized it needed a restart if I am to continue with my work.

Anyways i do have a data cap and ill most probably run out of it if I download it all over again. Can't I do anything to restore my progress?
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    It should start from 0% analysing what u have and then start downloading from where its needed i thought
  • SyedNekoChan
    I was expecting it to verify the game files as well and I gave it like 5 mins to check if it starts to verify, which normally it should but instead it starts to re download the whole data.
    Edited by SyedNekoChan on April 28, 2017 5:05PM
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyways i do have a data cap and ill most probably run out of it if I download it all over again. Can't I do anything to restore my progress?

Crap that sucks, try selecting the PTS option in your launcher, clicking on "Game Options" above the "News" column and trying "Repair." That should verify files and reinstall whatever you don't have. If not, you may have to start over.
  • SyedNekoChan
    Crap that sucks, try selecting the PTS option in your launcher, clicking on "Game Options" above the "News" column and trying "Repair." That should verify files and reinstall whatever you don't have. If not, you may have to start over.

That just says updating and no repair options yet.
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    I have been having an issue installing PTS as soon as Morrowind was available for us to play prior to launch. It always crashed around 10-12% of the installation. I have to close the launches every time just top play my game and manually load it because the launches crashed my whole machine and makes my HD go crazy.