Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Warden or Sorcerer for DPS ?

Skylen
Skylen
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I want create character for a good DPS. I heard Warden is like "Jack of all trades, but master of none", but Sorcerer is still better in terms of DPS, so I need advice. Is it possible and makes some sense to roll Warden as DPS ? Will I have a chance and have fun, even if rolling as DPS isnt as good as Sorcerer DPS ? Or just roll Sorcerer ? I just dont want roll Warden as DPS and then in the end be useless.
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    I have a stamina warden DD and I am enjoying it very much. Sorc is a good dd but the warden (in my experience) is decent so far and its fun for me. Really just go with what your gut tells you for now ;p
  • Skylen
    Skylen
    Soul Shriven
    I forgot to say, that I want only Magicka Sorcerer or Magicka Warden.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc DPS will out-parse Wardens, but it's really up to you. Wardens tend to be the buffer between the roles, so it's not BiS for any role, but it can DO any role. So it's kind of a double edged sword in terms of building with the activities you have in mind.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in terms of endgame high dps, magicka sorc outpreforms magicka warden

but for gamestyle, they are night and day, I like them both and main in sorc

some people are pulling good numbers from warden, and if you dont really care about endgame progression trials for hard content, that bahhhh

choice what you like to play is my best advice, in the end its you who wield the power of the char
  • Skylen
    Skylen
    Soul Shriven
    Yes i know, that it also depends on player himself. Anyway thank you all.