The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds are in bad condition.

• Temak von Tern
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I
    I was looking forward to BG's - but I'd rather be in Cyro than sat in a queue.. and you can't queue while in Cyro...

It doesn´t work anymore? We queued befor the last patch in cyro.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I
    I was looking forward to BG's - but I'd rather be in Cyro than sat in a queue.. and you can't queue while in Cyro...

It doesn´t work anymore? We queued befor the last patch in cyro.

Dunno. I'm just going by the first time I tried it on pts. I don't remember to clearly, maybe you could queue in cyro, but it threw you out when it finished?

I'll have to see what it doors on live
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can que in cyro but if it's at prime time then after the fight in BG you'll have to que for cyro again. trolololo
    Edited by Jurand80 on June 1, 2017 6:01PM
  • jameson71
    jameson71
    ✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    you can que in cyro but if it's at prime time then after the fight in BG you'll have to que for cyro again. trolololo

Well honestly I wouldn't want a bunch of people in battlegrounds using up my factions cyro pop cap. People already complain about the folks in IC doing that. I also wouldn't want to be allowed in cyrodiil just to be kicked out again because someone decided to finish with battlegrounds. You left Cyrodiil, so you have to queue again; I don't see how else it could work.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) The matchmaking is terrible. Getting placed in a 2v4 with a lvl 27 warden newbie vs a 4 man premade TS group is ridiculous.

2) Most of the game modes actively encourage avoiding actual combat, and some of them are highly unforgiving when the teams arent equal in numbers. This is supposed to be PvP, so encourage actual PvP.

Flags flip too fast in Domination, which encourages people to just rush for flag captures as much as possible. Getting stuck in a prolonged fight between 2 teams inevitably means the 3rd team flips every other flag in the instance while youre busy. If youve got less people in your group, youre at a huge disadvantage with how quickly the capture points flip.

Capture the flag is stupid when another group has 1-2 more people than yours. Can't hold your flag and take theirs at all... it's too easy to grab the relic and run it to your base in 10 seconds.

Deathmatch is spot on but only because good old PvP is the main objective of this gamemode.

3) No-CP PvP is an unbalanced ***. No point trying to make it sound better than it is. Proc sets, resource poisons, s&b ulti spamming healbots, resto ulti, destro ulti etc etc. All the overpowered *** they added the past year has an even more extreme impact in no-CP.

In contrast Im having a lot more fun in the 30-day CP campaign now. it feels like ZOS improved the CP PvP experience a lot but somehow thinks no-CP is the future (and thus disabled CP in BGs and every campaign but 1) when in reality no-CP PvP is currently the worst PvP experience ESO has ever had...
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    1) The matchmaking is terrible. Getting placed in a 2v4 with a lvl 27 warden newbie vs a 4 man premade TS group is ridiculous.

2) Most of the game modes actively encourage avoiding actual combat, and some of them are highly unforgiving when the teams arent equal in numbers. This is supposed to be PvP, so encourage actual PvP.

Flags flip too fast in Domination, which encourages people to just rush for flag captures as much as possible. Getting stuck in a prolonged fight between 2 teams inevitably means the 3rd team flips every other flag in the instance while youre busy. If youve got less people in your group, youre at a huge disadvantage with how quickly the capture points flip.

Capture the flag is stupid when another group has 1-2 more people than yours. Can't hold your flag and take theirs at all... it's too easy to grab the relic and run it to your base in 10 seconds.

Deathmatch is spot on but only because good old PvP is the main objective of this gamemode.

3) No-CP PvP is an unbalanced ***. No point trying to make it sound better than it is. Proc sets, resource poisons, s&b ulti spamming healbots, resto ulti, destro ulti etc etc. All the overpowered *** they added the past year has an even more extreme impact in no-CP.

In contrast Im having a lot more fun in the 30-day CP campaign now. it feels like ZOS improved the CP PvP experience a lot but somehow thinks no-CP is the future (and thus disabled CP in BGs and every campaign but 1) when in reality no-CP PvP is currently the worst PvP experience ESO has ever had...

I completely agree. I and others while in testing warned ZOS about this. Ofc ZOS didn't listen. Just wait about another 4 weeks Battlegrounds will be just as much played as dueling. Two things killed will kill both, how powerful stamina proc sets are and poisons.

Poisons should be completely removed are highly nerfed.

Proc sets that heal or deal damage should follow Battle Spirit rules. Just like player abilities. In the end the decision to go No CP for PvP in ESO. Will prove to be a huge mistakes if ZOS continues only balancing every quarter. No CPs with Proc sets and poison are absolutely bad for meaningful PvP in my opinion.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered how long till people saw Light's Champion for what it is
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played 5 BG yesterday. Sometimes the tools works fine and sometimes it just does not (wait for 30 minutes to get in one arena). The tool needs fixing.

Then the fight amount of fun entirely depends on who you fight. Some groups massacre the weakest ones. It can be fun if you find people basically your level :-) but that looks very random

• saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    i havent played many bgs yet cause im lvling a warden, but the majority of the ones I have played in dont have the correct amount of players in them. why even start the game when its not 4 v 4 v 4? <<
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, can you please scan EU top scores (stam specs) for viper usage and react accordingly? You don't have to believe my anecdotes, the data is is there and I'm pretty sure it will support my perception. It's entirely disgusting how literally every experienced stamina spec is wearing this broken set.

Your experienced players told you for months that those sets will dominate non-cp battlegrounds, because we actually play the game. Can you please react now?
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, can you please scan EU top scores (stam specs) for viper usage and react accordingly? You don't have to believe my anecdotes, the data is is there and I'm pretty sure it will support my perception. It's entirely disgusting how literally every experienced stamina spec is wearing this broken set.

Your experienced players told you for months that those sets will dominate non-cp battlegrounds, because we actually play the game. Can you please react now?

You don´t understand. Proccsets are fun! NonCP is FUN!
    WROBEL AND WHEELER DECIDED THAT FOR YOU!
    NOW SHOW SOME FREAKING DECENCY AND ENJOY YOUR GAME!!!
    You´re welcome.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree. I and others while in testing warned ZOS about this. Ofc ZOS didn't listen. Just wait about another 4 weeks Battlegrounds will be just as much played as dueling. Two things killed will kill both, how powerful stamina proc sets are and poisons.

Poisons should be completely removed are highly nerfed.

Proc sets that heal or deal damage should follow Battle Spirit rules. Just like player abilities. In the end the decision to go No CP for PvP in ESO. Will prove to be a huge mistakes if ZOS continues only balancing every quarter. No CPs with Proc sets and poison are absolutely bad for meaningful PvP in my opinion.

Proc sets do follow Battle Spirit rules and magicka proc sets are just as stupid at the moment, although there's less of them.

Says a lot when I cant remember the last time a death recap didnt have viper or skoria in it. Some matches I pretty much just assume Im permanently cost increase poisoned. This stuff has to change if they want BGs to feel like a rewarding experience. At the moment there's an inverse relation between the level of enjoyment found in PvP and the silliness of the gear your opponents are wearing...

Honestly, this goes for both newbies and veterans alike. How much fun is it watching your health bar evaporate in a split second?
    Edited by Valencer on June 2, 2017 1:13PM
  • Trittium
    Trittium
    The main problems I've been reading and seeing myself for Battlegrounds could be solved with one easy solution:

Make Capture the flag and Dominion 4v4. Not 4v4v4.

Make Deathmatch free-for-all, or just two teams.

Literally most of the issues are solved by that alone. 3 small teams against each other doesn't really do much, and isn't ground breaking or innovative; it just creates more issues in this sense. It works in large group PvP very well, but with these game-modes it's just complicating the problem.
    Trittium | Stam NB
    Koronos Erion | Magicka NB
    Phovos Erion | Magicka Warden
    Trittium Erion | Stam Warden
    Koronos Fireborne | Magicka DK
    Sigron Terion | Stam DK
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a hard time believing there was enough internal testing on the capture the flag and domination games. After just one week and a few matches is clear as days the numerous flaws in both formats: it's too easy to take a relic, too hard to defend one, flags flip too fast, so many flags, so few players means the best strategy is to avoid fights which, doesn't sound like PvP to me.

When 4 of us are sitting in que for 20 minutes, mashing the "ready button," it's telling that we are talking about hopefully we get into a Death-match where the 4 of us actually load in.

And I still hate the fact that we are stuck playing in no CP even though much of our power was taken away for the sake of said CP system and has been replaced by OP proc sets, resource poison, and Oblivion damage. Half the time I feel like I'm fighting what my opponent has crafted/farmed rather than my actual opponent or her class.
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 3, 2017 6:06AM
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a Battlegrounds angler achievement. I recommend hawaian music and the gold coast to relax for 20min. between another "oh ffs not ctf agaaaain!"
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a hard time believing there was enough internal testing on the capture the flag and domination games. After just one week and a few matches is clear as days the numerous flaws in both formats: it's too easy to take a relic, too hard to defend one, flags flip too fast, so many flags, so few players means the best strategy is to avoid fights which, doesn't sound like PvP to me.

When 4 of us are sitting in que for 20 minutes, mashing the "ready button," it's telling that we are talking about hopefully we get into a Death-match where the 4 of us actually load in.

And I still hate the fact that we are stuck playing in no CP even though much of our power was taken away for the sake of said CP system and has been replaced by OP proc sets, resource poison, and Oblivion damage. Half the time I feel like I'm fighting what my opponent has crafted/farmed rather than my actual opponent or her class.

I was looking forward for queueing (atleast for the first one or two months as before interest would inevitably drop) but so far i´ve played 3 BGs total.

In 16 years of playing mmos these are by far the worst battlegrounds i have ever played and whoever designed them should be fired and banned from working in the industry for the rest of their life.
    Edited by Derra on June 3, 2017 9:11AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    In 16 years of playing mmos these are by far the worst battlegrounds i have ever played and whoever designed them should be fired and banned from working in the industry for the rest of their life.

I couldn't agree more, but honestly I feel like that goes for the majority of those who work on this game. It pisses me off because I came back for Morrowind expecting to be able to play competitive arena-style Battlegrounds, and instead we're given this half-assed garbage.
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you run around in a Heavy/Proc/Sword&Board setup you pretty much cant do ***. Light armour needs some counter in PvP to these heavy setups.

Going to join the Heavy Stam crowd for now.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I couldn't agree more, but honestly I feel like that goes for the majority of those who work on this game. It pisses me off because I came back for Morrowind expecting to be able to play competitive arena-style Battlegrounds, and instead we're given this half-assed garbage.

But come on. Are you even in the slightest bit surprised. MMO has had this stigma for being one of the worst and most unbalanced genres for PvP for the past what 6 or 7 years. Ever since the MMO industry stopped balancing their games for quality balance. And started balancing for profit over balance.( The F2P was mostly to blame for this.) The genre lost all credibility in the PvP scene.

To me at least it came as no surprised at all that genres that was PvP focused and marketed gain soo much popularity so fast. There was a strong demand for competitive PvP that the MMO industry abandon for more profits. So the current MMO industry's business model is completely non compatible to healthy competitive PvP. If you are simply playing MMOs for competitive PvP in these days. I'm sorry you are doing it wrong. And you will get these headaches for resisting the facts.

On the side note. Competitive PvP titles don't lock BIS stuff behind paywalls and most refuse to lock them behind grindwalls as well. MMOs across the boards do. It's how they make their money. And it's understandable, which is why competitive PvP normally always fail in MMOs with the status quo business model.

That being said ESO has one of the more healthy for players business models in the MMO industry atm. We can't buy gear or weapons. We can't buy max level characters here. We can convert $$$ to gold here. And all of the cash shop items of ESO have little to no effect on the end game PvE or PvP play. So for a MMO I support and give thanks to ZOS for not following the actually money grabbers of this once great genre.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Farmed for a couple hours each night for 6 nights.

LOL.. always funny to see how out of touch with reality some gamers are... "couple of hours, 6 days on end" that's more than an ACTUAL job m8 :smile: Not everybody has the time to do 2 jobs and still try to enjoy some R&R.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    From playing Battlegrounds EU side solo and semi premade since early access, 22nd May. In my opinion

- Battlegrounds should continue as Non CP. ZOS made the correct decision on that one. CP adds more distance for new players to make a substantial contribution to the battleground team. Others factors being Level, Character Build (skills, gear, class, race etc). CP to counter gear (proc sets) is not the answer.

- Matchmaking, Just about workable. But its a start. There just isn't enough premade full groups EU side playing for ZOS to even consider group only matches in unfortunately. I have found EU side more play during off peak still and I really only group queue with friends when I meet a duo, three and full group team in matches. Solo queuing is random af. Team members, numbers and on top of that which mode you play. It's quick. I don't expect a silver spoon or a great deal from my team members. I play the mode and have fun vs 2-8 other players. Winning with poor odds is very rewarding (see below). Grouping with or playing against players who are skilled is fun also. Losing a game isn't the end of the world and my ego isn't at all damaged as long as I did my best. It's sociable and friendly competition in a small scale arena. It's great to see group orientated builds and teams players in matches and funny af watching selfish, "what's the best build for xyz" cba learning 2 play, Zerg Surfing, I 1vX or Gank clickers daily, forum cancer, full divine damage, "This team sucks" while having 0 Kills 0 Assists 11 Deaths, disillusioned players get melted and exposed.

- Rewards, only comes in the form of knowing you beat good teams or players, in my opinion. AP is weak, Gold is weak and Gear isn't being considered by the mainstream economy yet as high value.

- Modes, the random selection is a good move. CTF and Domination would be empty of veteran players without that choice from ZOS. These two modes focus players to understand and play the mode. Low level friendly in my opinion.

- Leader-board, play to win. ZOS reward system. No lifers are the only real winners here.

In summary, the platform for battlegrounds is finally here but the conditions the arena community play in needs a rework. Despite its hiccups, I will be living in the arena from now on. Hope to see more premade groups in Battlegrounds EU.

4v2v3 You can still win vs a semi premade and poor odds
    q4tpjNg.jpg
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That being said ESO has one of the more healthy for players business models in the MMO industry atm. We can't buy gear or weapons. We can't buy max level characters here. We can convert $$$ to gold here. And all of the cash shop items of ESO have little to no effect on the end game PvE or PvP play. So for a MMO I support and give thanks to ZOS for not following the actually money grabbers of this once great genre.

I agree with this. It's astounding how smart they can be at avoiding free to play and cash-shop pitfall and how absent minded they can be when it comes to game mechanics.
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 3, 2017 2:35PM
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Modes, the random selection is a good move. CTF and Domination would be empty of veteran players without that choice from ZOS. These two modes focus players to understand and play the mode. Low level friendly in my opinion.

Flag flipping speed in Domination needs to be significantly slower. Relic carrying speed in CTF needs to be significantly slower and there has to be some kind of mechanic for picking up relics that involves standing on the relic for x seconds while not being attacked.

At the moment it's just ridiculous and encourages people to avoid each other and rush undefended objectives. Most of the time when something goes under attack you simply cant get there in time.

Regarding relics: it's stupid that a sorc can literally pick up a relic Im defending, right under my nose, and then run it back to his base while spamming shields and resto ulti so I cant kill him in time. Probably partly a resto/s&b ulti issue, but I dont see those abilities getting hit with the nerf hammer any time soon either so something needs to be done. Similarly on my 7 medium build I can grab a relic and sprint it back to my base in under 10 seconds.... why?

These 2 modes COULD be fun, but something has to be changed.
    Edited by Valencer on June 3, 2017 3:54PM
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭

Flag flipping speed in Domination needs to be significantly slower. Relic carrying speed in CTF needs to be significantly slower and there has to be some kind of mechanic for picking up relics that involves standing on the relic for x seconds while not being attacked.

At the moment it's just ridiculous and encourages people to avoid each other and rush undefended objectives. Most of the time when something goes under attack you simply cant get there in time.

Regarding relics: it's stupid that a sorc can literally pick up a relic Im defending, right under my nose, and then run it back to his base while spamming shields and resto ulti so I cant kill him in time. Probably partly a resto/s&b ulti issue, but I dont see those abilities getting hit with the nerf hammer any time soon either so something needs to be done. Similarly on my 7 medium build I can grab a relic and sprint it back to my base in under 10 seconds.... why?

These 2 modes COULD be fun, but something has to be changed.

Yeah Luci I agree there some real questionable specifics in all the modes. Not sure having the relic collection behave anything like picking up the scroll in Cyrodil would be the best way to go. But the speed changes would be a interesting move. I'd like to see that.

There is a counter to the play you mentioned in CTF. What I find nice is that a under geared low level can play that counter and avoid having to fight you handicapped. Each mode has its counter I guess and how the Domination and CTF mode are set at the moment their environments change really fast.

Edited: Double quoted.
    Edited by Fake Remedy on June 3, 2017 4:51PM
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    The real complaint for Battlegrounds is the queue wait time. Completely sub standard for paid content.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy