Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

@ZOS Master Writs vouchers need to be account bound, and the system generally overhauled.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I got my Ebony Motif, my desire to do Master Writs has waned.

After the price increase on Purple Furniture plans to 25 vouchers has removed what desire I had left over. Not that the nerf to the drop rate helped either.

Chasing the Master Writs has become just too punishing an activity to continue with any regularity.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Once I got my Ebony Motif, my desire to do Master Writs has waned.

After the price increase on Purple Furniture plans to 25 vouchers has removed what desire I had left over. Not that the nerf to the drop rate helped either.

Chasing the Master Writs has become just too punishing an activity to continue with any regularity.

Agreed. I've devoted A LOT of time and resources trying to accumulate writ vouchers to the point I have little time left to actually play and enjoy the game. PLEASE ADJUST THE MASTER WRIT SYSTEM TO MAKE IT FUN AND REWARDING!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I've kinda burned out on them, too. I got the motif, plus all the basic crafting stations/dye station, and then started buying purple plans (and a couple gold ones I really wanted). But, after getting so many Wood Elf repeats that I couldn't really sell, I stopped that. I've been saving up my vouchers and plan on purchasing more purple plans once MW drops on XB, even with the price increase, since they supposedly evened out the chances of getting Redguard vs Wood Elf.

We'll see...

But...I haven't done any crafting writs the last couple days, except last night and just on my master crafter. It takes too long to complete the writs on all my toons and trying to keep enough Silk and Nirnroot on hand is time consuming as well. Clothing surveys just don't drop as often for me. When I have all 8 toons doing clothing writs and only 4 doing blacksmithing, why do I still end up with twice as many BS surveys than Clothing - consistently. And WW drops pretty much as often as BS, though I have 5 doing the WW writs. Plus, even when you have a survey, there are only 4 Silk nodes anyway. I appreciate that they added hide to the surveys, but they shouldn't have taken away 2 silk nodes to include them.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    The fact that master writ drops rely solely on RNG and not skill is a huge slap in the face to all the Master crafters out there. Source? People who have been doing hundreds and thousands of crafting quests report no significant difference in droprate for their Master completionist vs. their newbie crafter, who just happened to have maxed out their crafting skills (easiest thing in the world).

The writs that require legendary Roe ingredients (even 2 of them!) and reward you with 10 vouchers, you can kindly remove from this atrocious system. What the actual eff? A writ like that should reward you with double the vouchers - at least.

The writs that grant you 2 vouchers you can kindly shove where the sun don't shine as well. A proper solution would be to multiply the crafting ingredients required with 6 (six times more potion numbers required) and multiply the voucher rewards with 6-8 as well (12-16 voucher per writ). This for provisioning, enchanting and alchemy.

And the droprate for 20+ voucher writs for clothing, smithing and woodworking need to be upped, for master crafters.

This would make up for slapping everyone again with that 2.5 x increase of purple furnishing recipes you just made ...

I agree the master writ system is terrible. I had written before in an older post that whoever sat down and designed the system must have been on somethimg that day. They had no concept of writ value or quality and what it takes to make these. The average player will not waste precious upgrade materials for a lousy return, unless you are just loaded and have more mats than sense. They should have made the vouchers reward a certain amount for the quality of item. Throw green and blue items crafting with common motifs in there for low vouchers. Higher end purple and gold, high research with rare motifs and IC especially should always reward 40+ vouchers. I hope they rework this system sometime. I have so many vouchers sitting in my bank hoping this will happen.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on June 2, 2017 8:24AM
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started to focus my crafting on one char, although I multiple chars with at least one maxed craft and research already due to this... :/
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having the vouchers account bound would be good to do, and frankly, I'm not sure why they're not. I guess the main reason is that they're trying to shift everyone into having one main crafter. Or, they want to place an arbitrary roadblock to slow down voucher accumulation - but, that only punishes those that have spread out their crafts and rewards those who didn't.