Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

@ZOS Master Writs vouchers need to be account bound, and the system generally overhauled.

Aurie
Aurie
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says.

Please make Master Writ vouchers account bound. Only being able to use them by the individual characters who acquire them just makes the process of collecting enough to buy anything much longer than it already is.

I have eight characters of differing crafting levels doing writs every day.....about thirty in all. And it's very time-consuming. So far I have about fifteen vouchers on one character, six on another and a couple on a third. Reaching 250 tokens on one character to enable me to buy one attunable crafting station is going to take somewhere between one and two years at this rate. Now consider that most of us are realistically going to want more than one attunable station, and you can see that we are likely to be well on the way to getting old and grey before achieving this. It's hardly any encouragement to carry on once the novelty of Master Writs has worn off.

Generally I think that Master Writs drop far too infrequently, and the number of vouchers rewarded on hand-in needs re-thinking. Two vouchers for working out and executing a complicated alchemy potion (for instance Damage Health Poison IX, with enervation, fracture and ravage health) should attract a better reward than that. Another example is provisioning writ Smoked Bear Haunch, which requires two Perfect Roe to complete the writ, but still has a very low reward compared to the effort and expense involved.

Please @ZOS make Master Writs more worthwhile doing!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why Vouchers are not Account Wide. Every other currency in the game is, even if you have to use the bank to facilitate this.

I just make sure I do my writs on one character, besides, she is the only one who knows all the motifs.

As for the drop rate, it is abysmal, but that is probably intended. There is also way too much RNG in the drop rate. My Master Crafter who knows all the traits and almost all the motifs and has all the Crafting Achievements gets Writs at a drastically reduced rate than my other crafter I have chasing these things that knows only a few motifs, no traits at all (although she is learning them at the moment).
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I really don't understand why Vouchers are not Account Wide. Every other currency in the game is, even if you have to use the bank to facilitate this.

I just make sure I do my writs on one character, besides, she is the only one who knows all the motifs.

As for the drop rate, it is abysmal, but that is probably intended. There is also way too much RNG in the drop rate. My Master Crafter who knows all the traits and almost all the motifs and has all the Crafting Achievements gets Writs at a drastically reduced rate than my other crafter I have chasing these things that knows only a few motifs, no traits at all (although she is learning them at the moment).

Exactly. A very low drop rate feels exactly right; a completely unpredictable drop rate does not.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    put the damn master writ in your bank and take it out on your master crafter, problem solved.,.....
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    put the damn master writ in your bank and take it out on your master crafter, problem solved.,.....

I believe they are fixing it so it doesn't automatically start the quest, but if you accidentally accepted a master writ when the quest popped up that's not an option.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah if u have accepted the quest then you screwed, I think you right jaeysa, I read somewhere its going to be a container in morrowind you will open to ge the quest after its in your inventory instead of popping up as quest first
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

No, problem not solved. I only accept Master Writs on the character who can do them anyway. Accepting a writ on character who isn't a master crafter for that particular writ is a waste of a writ.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, as others say the master writ is exchangeable. So you can shuffle it around to someone else.

Second, IMX it is more difficult to have one character get to all six crafts maxed and functionally maxed than to spread them out a little more - at least say one char with the three equips and three others each with one of the consumables is a lot less demanding as far as skill points spent on one character.

So the vouchers themselves staying with the one who crafted them rewards the "master crafter" who has fully unlocked all six crafts over the more easy going "crafter spread" and so i do not have a problem with it. IIRC having all six crafts at 50 is an achievement and so now along with that achievement comes "designated voucher holder" for your characters.

Fixing the "oh i screwed up" from the auto-request is in the patch notes.

So, all in all, i am good with it.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why Vouchers are not Account Wide. Every other currency in the game is

False: Alliance Points are character bound.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have an issue with the vouchers being locked to one character as I have one 9 trait crafter who is the first to learn any motifs I get. As he is the only one doing all master writs I get from all 8 characters, I have no issue.

I see no reason why the vouchers cannot be account wide though, so am not sure what the theory behind the current setup was. Maybe ZOS have some reason to lock them to a character. Maybe it's to encourage/reward people who learned all traits and motifs on one character instead of splitting them across characters to speed up the process.

As I have everything I wanted to buy with writ vouchers, my dilemma is whether to sell the master writs I have in the bank or use them in the hope that something turns up that I want.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    First, as others say the master writ is exchangeable. So you can shuffle it around to someone else.

Fixing the "oh i screwed up" from the auto-request is in the patch notes.

So, all in all, i am good with it.

@STEVIL is right. The vouchers are freely bankable and exchangable between characters ... as long as you don't unseal it to start the master writ quest.

However, I admit it's too easy for players to be careless and open it on the wrong character. Fortunately, I learned this the hard way in PTS testing way back.

Therefore, I'm not totally opposed to account-wide vouchers ... even though there's probably an easier solution. Such as making the accept choice for the master writ quest (in the UI) the second option instead of the first option.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 28, 2017 2:05AM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are fixing the auto accept deal with Morrowind. Again bank your writs and let your master crafter handle them. It isn't hard, I have only ever accepted one writ on a non master crafter so it isn't impossible. The only reason I can see for not having vouchers account wide is for those who did put all there crafting on one toon, hence the term master crafter. I understand why people split crafting between toons, but honestly I never even considered it, too much character swapping to be efficient.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the system is fine.

I find it funny that people complain about the number of low value writs. If you look back at the PTS comments by players, they wanted fewer writs requiring expensive or hard to get components. Sometimes it pays to be careful what you ask for.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, except AP. But that should probably be bankable too (or if not, there is at least a kind-of-logical reason why it isn't).

Writs certainly should be bankable though. I have all my crafts maxed on my main, but I learned recipes on a different toon...

So I basically can't do provisioning master writs, since all my other writ vouchers end up on my main, but my provisioner just gets a few provisioning masters every now and then.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

False: Alliance Points are character bound.

Well, except AP. But that should probably be bankable too (or if not, there is at least a kind-of-logical reason why it isn't).

OK, OK, all the currencies I care about are Account Wide......

I think I still have 3 figures total AP across all characters, and that is a trick to be that low.

Edited by Nestor on May 1, 2017 6:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the system is fine.

I find it funny that people complain about the number of low value writs. If you look back at the PTS comments by players, they wanted fewer writs requiring expensive or hard to get components. Sometimes it pays to be careful what you ask for.

Fewer master writs requiring nirncrux, kuta, perfect roe, and gold tempers, yes.

Fewer master writs dropping in total [i.e. you didn't sacrifice enough of your firstborn to the rng gremlins] that don't require the rare/expensive mats, no.

Would be the player's choice to do one master writ that requires gold level mats for a LOT of vouchers, or possibly get many master writs that use normal level mats for a few vouchers each. Its the low drop rate for master writs at all that annoys me. Even on my maxed, master crafter with all the motifs, and maxed skills, including provisioning.

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This system needs an overhaul for sure. Whoever designed the contracts gave no thought to the quality of writ in exchange to amount of vouchers received in return. My bank is stuffed full of them till this is changed. No way I am wasting legendary mats for anything under 40 or so vouchers. These should have been pre set rewards for the type of writ. Not another rng system.......
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This system needs an overhaul for sure. Whoever designed the contracts gave no thought to the quality of writ in exchange to amount of vouchers received in return. My bank is stuffed full of them till this is changed. No way I am wasting legendary mats for anything under 40 or so vouchers. These should have been pre set rewards for the type of writ. Not another rng system.......

Totally agree.

Having said that, I would be happy just to GET some writs!!! They've completely dried up over the last few weeks.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ap as well :'(
  • Furinol
    Furinol
    ✭✭
    I started playing after Homestead dropped so I'm still maxxing my crafter. I've completed a bunch of consumables master writs but the "easiest" equipment MW I have right now needs a 7 trait battle axe. I'm a couple weeks away from even that one. A month away from the 9 trait writs I have.

Not sure I will endure.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not 7-traited yet, I think you are underestimating how long it will be before you are nine-traited, unless you are just targeting the ones you need for Master writs.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Furinol wrote: »
    I started playing after Homestead dropped so I'm still maxxing my crafter. I've completed a bunch of consumables master writs but the "easiest" equipment MW I have right now needs a 7 trait battle axe. I'm a couple weeks away from even that one. A month away from the 9 trait writs I have.

Not sure I will endure.

Yeah...this system is not designed for new players, and I can see them burning out on this before they really have all the traits/motifs/recipes to really complete many of the MWs they get. You just have to remember that this system is really designed for us players who've been playing since the early days and have already put in all the hard work and time - and it WILL take both to become a master crafter.

Which is why I had suggested in some PTS thread or other that there should be some requirement beyond "just get to level 50 in the craft and assign the points" so that you can start doing top-tier writs for a chance at MWs. Getting to level 50 in any of the crafts isn't that difficult (well, ok, enchanting is still difficult, but not as difficult as it used to be). So, new players can get to doing top-tier writs with little time/effort, but then can't really complete most of the MWs they get.

Hang in there, and maybe sell some of the more difficult writs for some gold in the meantime. You'll always get more MWs in the future.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever said less writs dropping I 100% disagree with. Not everyone has 12 characters. I would rather see more than 1 writ a year thank you.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Elderskrye
    Elderskrye
    ✭✭
    Crafting is part of THE GAME. Crown store will not sell things that effect gameplay. Crown store sells things the effect crafting. is OK because crafting is not part of THE GAME. All about crowns.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would you not simply have a "main crafter" which effectively know all your motifs and you have invested all your kill points in to?

Simply transfer the writ on to that characters and do the writ on that one. Thus receiving all vouchers on one character.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice theory, but many of us have spread our crafters over several characters long before this Master Writ system was thought of.

Back in the day it was considered to be sensible to do this, as if you wanted your characters to PVP/PVE too many SP were used up to have more than a couple of crafting specialities per toon. Now of course much has changed, and SP are plentiful enough to have Master Crafters if you are patient and dedicated to having a crafting character, but that wasn't how things were done then.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    That's a nice theory, but many of us have spread our crafters over several characters long before this Master Writ system was thought of.

Back in the day it was considered to be sensible to do this, as if you wanted your characters to PVP/PVE too many SP were used up to have more than a couple of crafting specialities per toon. Now of course much has changed, and SP are plentiful enough to have Master Crafters if you are patient and dedicated to having a crafting character, but that wasn't how things were done then.

This was my problem as I spread my crafters over different classes to have more skills for combat. That was back in the day where you had to actually access higher level zones to farm mats and needed a port to get access to them. Bet Zos didn't think of that when housing and master writ bs came out. Now all the new players have easy mode farming and it is much easier to make all crafting on one character since the zones are scaled. Making vouchers account bound would not have scr**ed over older players. Now I am having to do months of research all over again and turning my main character into a full time crafter and interior decorator.......RIP my beloved nb. Thanks Zos :(
    Edited by LadyDestiny on June 1, 2017 8:54AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that master writ drops rely solely on RNG and not skill is a huge slap in the face to all the Master crafters out there. Source? People who have been doing hundreds and thousands of crafting quests report no significant difference in droprate for their Master completionist vs. their newbie crafter, who just happened to have maxed out their crafting skills (easiest thing in the world).

The writs that require legendary Roe ingredients (even 2 of them!) and reward you with 10 vouchers, you can kindly remove from this atrocious system. What the actual eff? A writ like that should reward you with double the vouchers - at least.

The writs that grant you 2 vouchers you can kindly shove where the sun don't shine as well. A proper solution would be to multiply the crafting ingredients required with 6 (six times more potion numbers required) and multiply the voucher rewards with 6-8 as well (12-16 voucher per writ). This for provisioning, enchanting and alchemy.

And the droprate for 20+ voucher writs for clothing, smithing and woodworking need to be upped, for master crafters.

This would make up for slapping everyone again with that 2.5 x increase of purple furnishing recipes you just made ...

Edited by Carbonised on June 1, 2017 9:25AM
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why your getting auto accepts on master writs, I don't... Check your addon settings.

"They absolutely should NOT be account bound, terrible idea..." Ignore this part.

I do writs on a few toons, and keep the ones I have the motives and recipes for to do on my crafter and sell the others I don't. What a waste it would be if they were bound.

Seems foolish to not be able to sell wares and goods meant for crafters. Isn't that the point?
    Edited by Hempyre on June 1, 2017 9:56AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hempyre wrote: »
    Not sure why your getting auto accepts on master writs, I don't... Check your addon settings.

They absolutely should NOT be account bound, terrible idea...

I do writs on a few toons, and keep the ones I have the motives and recipes for to do on my crafter and sell the others I don't. What a waste it would be if they were bound.

Seems foolish to not be able to sell wares and goods meant for crafters. Isn't that the point?

I think you're misunderstanding the guy. He says that vouchers should be account bound (since at the moment they are character bound), not that the master writ book itself should be bound, as it isn't bound in any way right now.

And he does have a point, there's no real reason to make vouchers character bound instead of account bound, when the master writs themselves aren't bound at all.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh gotcha, my bad. I misunderstood, tis late for me and I'm about to crash.

Ya, I would agree with accound bound vs toon on vouchers.

I can't say I've had a problem though.
    Edited by Hempyre on June 1, 2017 9:55AM