Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I desperately need your help for a person with a severe case of Altitis!

Najjynn
Najjynn
✭✭
Hi there,
I have a terrible case of Altitis, and trying to settle down once and for all a class to play both for (1) PvE-, including VMA, Trials, Dungeons, and (2) for PvP - including battlegrounds and AvA.
I've narrowed down my choices to either Stam or Mag DK, and Stam Sorc, based on my preferences and enjoyment of their respective playstyles. As such, I have a few questions:

1. In PvE, how does Stam Sorc single target DPS compare to that of Stam DK?
2. In PvE, how does Mag DK single target DPS compare to that of Stam DK?
3. For PvP in Morrowind, which class (between Stam DK, Mag Dk, and Stam Sorc) is generally most capable of putting out destructive damage in (a) 1v1 situations; and (b) group situations.

Disclaimer: I enjoy the above 3 class playstyles, as such, while I respect that you should play what you enjoy, I enjoy all of the above [hence my dilemma] and looking for some guidance so I can finally narrow down and stick to a character. As a further note, generally, I prefer a melee/stam playstyle; however, have included Mag DK due to its inherent melee playstyle. [Aka: I love running in and smashing things].
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    1 - Stam DK would be superior here, due to the number of dots
    2- Not sure about now. Stam DK used to be way better dps, but magicka DK has a lot of dots and a self heal finally.
    3- These 3 classes have their use, for instance, stam dk is great in 1v1, as you can put out a lot of damage. However the disadvantage is youll be using almost solely weapon abilities (wrecking blow, executioner) as stam dk's stam morphs for class skills arent great in pvp.

Mag DK on the other hand can put out some serious damage, gets the useful morphs, and has a great class heal.They can also be tanky, and their dots are useful in pvp, plus you get whip. Theyre good in 1v1 and 1vX, as well as groups between talons and molten armaments.

Stam sorcs on the other hand can be a real bear to fight, due to hurricane in conjuction with dual wield skills, they can lay out some damage on characters. No real AOE besides hurrcane+ steel tornado though, so disadvantage there. Their real saving grace comes from hurricane which makes you faster, plus streak making LOSing or getting out and away from a fight a lot easier.

Personally? I played a Mag DK till they got super nerfed, then a Stam DK all the way to Grand Overlord in PvP, and when stam DKs were the best pve DPS and they make great tanks with a simple gear swap, no CP change required (not for trials, definitely switch CP for those). I would play a mag DK these days though. They're pretty great.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • thebattlesaintb14_ESO
    Opposite issue here. Not enough time for an alt army. Besides, I am way too in love with my NB main. NB are SO much fun to play