The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How much HP for dungeons and trials?

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a stamblade CP 325. I know after the patch that dubious food from the event may help with recovery. However, an I able to run 17K hp? I watched alcasts video for Morrowind and I can't quite figure out how he has 17k HP with all attributes into Stamina while I have to have at least 30...

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    attributes, prismatic enchants, undaunted 9, 5-1-1 all contribute to higher health. Even having 630 plus cp helps attributes. Each cp makes a fraction of health magic and stam.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting. I could slap a heavy chest on and that would fix most of the problem.. but I would lose crit and stam recovery as well as stam .
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    interesting. I could slap a heavy chest on and that would fix most of the problem.. but I would lose crit and stam recovery as well as stam .

It would only help with undaunted nine and heavy armor at 50 with skill points in all but the last two skill trees.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Azyle1 wrote: »

It would only help with undaunted nine and heavy armor at 50 with skill points in all but the last two skill trees.

Right. I have undaunted 9 and those heavy armor skills.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are missing a fair amount of resources with your CP. Until you are at the cap, you are almost certainly going to need to compensate for your health in some way. Using Attributes makes the most sense IMO, because its easy to dial it back as you get more comfortable or as you tackle more difficult content.

As for the right amount of health? There is no magic number. The right amount is whatever you need to NOT die. It is a direct trade off with damage because the alternative is generally putting points into your max resource. I would say that for vet trials, the floor for health (without group buffs like ebon or warhorn) is about 17k. If you are new to the game, I would add 1-2K on top of that. Much north of 20k, and your DPS is going to take to big of a hit IMO.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    16.5-18.5K healer & DD, 28K+ tank. The new trial may require 40K+ though.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    At 300 CP, you should have maxed health from the CP investment.

From Morrowind patch notes 3.0.5:

The Health, Magicka, and Stamina percentage increases from investing in the red, blue, and green constellations now cap at 20%, obtained by reaching CP300 (100 in each constellation).

The other factors for max health are the character race and the shadow skill line passive dark vigor that can add more health per shadow ability slotted. Dubious Camoran gives less health than the old Stam food.

17 K health is a lot these days. Everyone is more tanky than they used to be with the front-loaded CP system introduced in Morrowind. You can get a lot more defense out of the red tree now.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 31, 2017 6:15PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get much below 17k and you're playing with fire. I've had single hits take me down to 300 health before as a DPS, just enough that I didn't dare switch food without a gear adjustment.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    16.5-18.5K healer & DD

I agree. I have 16,7k health with my kitty and it's fine.
  • GriMTriAd
    GriMTriAd
    ✭✭✭
    ~17k health after food buff for normal and most vet dungeons. You want ~20k fully buffed for trials, but that's only ~18k you need to bring which is usually just your base stam + food buff alone (you should get another 2-3k from other people in the trial if the trial is geared properly).

Food Buffs: if you need resource regeneration then Dubious Comoran as mentioned above, but it's purple and provides three stats so you get less health. If you don't need resource regeneration then one of the many Stam/Health blue quality CP 160 foods will net you ~6k more health and ~5k more stamina. if you just want health, there are green foods that will do almost 7k health.

If you don't have provisioning leveled, food is relatively cheap for green/blue quality.

You generally want all attributes in Stamina if you're a stamina character.

_WAter_
    Edited by GriMTriAd on June 1, 2017 1:44AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, from vet dungeons and on, you shouldn't have anything less than 20k health while buffed with food...

Otherwise, you are just begging some end level boss to one shot you...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    General consensus is 17k selfbuffed. A little more doesn't hurt, but definitely not less.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GriMTriAd wrote: »
    If you don't have provisioning leveled, food is relatively cheap for green/blue quality.

Many inns and places have bread (up to 6K HP / 35 minutes) for free, so long as you remain hidden ;)
    Edited by Dracindo on June 1, 2017 12:08PM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are missing a fair amount of resources with your CP. Until you are at the cap, you are almost certainly going to need to compensate for your health in some way. Using Attributes makes the most sense IMO, because its easy to dial it back as you get more comfortable or as you tackle more difficult content.

As for the right amount of health? There is no magic number. The right amount is whatever you need to NOT die. It is a direct trade off with damage because the alternative is generally putting points into your max resource. I would say that for vet trials, the floor for health (without group buffs like ebon or warhorn) is about 17k. If you are new to the game, I would add 1-2K on top of that. Much north of 20k, and your DPS is going to take to big of a hit IMO.

I believe the CP bonus to attributes is front-loaded now, according to the patch notes (unless this was rolled back and I missed it). The new cap is CP300, after that further CP investment does not increase stamina/magicka/health as you keep investing under thief/mage/warrior constellations.
    If you can be anything, be kind.