The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dual Spec in ESO

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
I think it would be great if we get a dual spec (similar to weapon swap but takes around 10 secs to do and should not be in combat) in ESO.

I play a Magicka Templar more focussed on offensive abilities.

If I have dual spec option I can switch (without any cost ofc) to being healer in either battlegrounds or in dungeon.

And then change it to offensive spec for my solo questing.

I have seen this in other MMOs too..WoW is one example.

What do you guys think about it ?
Edited by vpy on May 31, 2017 11:56PM

Dual Spec in ESO 87 votes

Yeah..I like that idea
86%
ByucknahMisterBigglesworthMojmirAaronGRBigBraggAortickcavakthestampedeTaonnorNemesis7884zippo_taylorb16_ESOUbungM0biDomandersubtlezeroub17_ESOFlameheartGraydonNyghthowlerleeuxAdernathQUEZ420 75 votes
Nah...I am happy with the things are
13%
k9mouseTanis-StormbinderkongkimManwithBeard9agegartonTrillincaptainwolfosEasily_LostJailbirdyVipstaakkimesmerizedishPhytanic 12 votes
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    1 spec for stam n 1 for magic.
  • vpy
    vpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    QUEZ420 wrote: »
    1 spec for stam n 1 for magic.

You are right
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon that does this I think.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are several addons that perform this function already.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    The addon doesn't and can't change your attributes, skills points config and CP config
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already mainspec a tank with a perfectly serviceable dps off-spec for soloing and dungeons, so there's really nothing wrong with the way things are. I don't think anyone is entitled to an off-spec that's as good as someone else's main spec.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you want functionality where you can allocate your CP, attributes, skills, etc into two different in game loadouts and freely swap between them while out of combat?
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you want functionality where you can allocate your CP, attributes, skills, etc into two different in game loadouts and freely swap between them while out of combat?

Yessir.
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    When WoW implemented this, the amount of healers and tanks increased ten fold. Why? Because tank and heal specs aren't good for solo content and thus, people by default are dps specs.

Allowing people the option of choose dps or tanking/heals or even in some cases, tank/heals, is really healthy for the game.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Will never happen though. They believe it takes away from the uniqueness of builds when all it really does is force people to level a second toon (sometimes of the same class) a logout and back in on their differently built alt.
    Edited by Pwnyridah on June 1, 2017 12:33AM
  • Aidence
    Aidence
    ✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Definitely. I would love to have a PvE spec and a PvP spec.
    For a new dawn under Covenant rule!!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of CP and attributes or going from stam to magika it is easy on PC. There are addons that save skill and weapon profiles. Especially good since some fights call for different skills and armor.

I would think it could become costly to have it automatic and change CP since some are going to make mistakes. Games tend to make things like this difficult to protect some of us from ourselves.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Who even says no to this. Are you peeps braindead?
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Yes, also the two specs should each save your morph choices.
    Hence my Magic spec has Concealed Weapon and my Stam spec has Surprise Attack.

...or maybe I chose a Stam DPS and Stam Tank for my two specs, so they both have Surprise Attack, just whichever choices I made on these two parallel paths.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Fusiondk
    Fusiondk
    ✭✭
    I can't believe this is not a thing. It's one of the things ESO is wayyyyy behind on in terms of QoL. It greatly increases player functionality. I used to question why people had 4 of the same class in their signature. Now playing a Templar having to alternate my build between alt DPS and main heals I can see why. Forcing someone to level the same exact class to avoid absorbent fees is *** and archaic.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Sadly, as proven in the past ZoS doesn't take poll threads (and the responses inside) into much consideration, if at all. I heavily support this idea, but holding my breath on it would lead to asphyxiation well before ZoS has the idea on their drawing board.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    vpy wrote: »
    I think it would be great if we get a dual spec (similar to weapon swap but takes around 10 secs to do and should not be in combat) in ESO.

If I have dual spec option I can switch (without any cost ofc) to being healer in either battlegrounds or in dungeon.

Those of us on PC already have it, we have addons (Dressing Room and AlphaGear). The only thing we cannot do is respec our attribute/skill points/CP for the different builds, since those require in-game gold or Crown Store scrolls.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 1, 2017 6:38AM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Fusiondk wrote: »
    I can't believe this is not a thing. It's one of the things ESO is wayyyyy behind on in terms of QoL. It greatly increases player functionality. I used to question why people had 4 of the same class in their signature. Now playing a Templar having to alternate my build between alt DPS and main heals I can see why. Forcing someone to level the same exact class to avoid absorbent fees is *** and archaic.

ZOS isn't big on providing 'freebie QoL' options... and they already sell respec scrolls in the Crown Store. I agree it would be nice to have the options to switch CP and skill morphs on the fly, but I don't see them making this an option... too much work and not enough financial return for it. I'm just glad PC has addons to switch gear/loadouts since I have several sets of gear and loadouts depending on the situation or content I'm engaging in.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    ADarklore wrote: »
    vpy wrote: »

Those of us on PC already have it, we have addons (Dressing Room and AlphaGear). The only thing we cannot do is respec our attribute/skill points/CP for the different builds, since those require in-game gold or Crown Store scrolls.

Well that's the point. You would be able to (within the default ESO interface) create two different builds (all attributes, CP, Skill morphs) on the same character, and then swap between them for free (nominal fee perhaps) while out of combat. Basically, press X to turn my magsorc into a stamsorc for instance.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It kind of depends what you mean.......

It looks like you want to be able to quickly switch skills and perhaps gear, but remain primarily a Mag build. If that's the case, you can do that manually or by using one of a couple of addons. So, no changes really needed.

If you're actually saying you want to be able to switch between Mag and Stam builds on a single alt, I disagree.

I do think it's about time they drop the cost of moving CPs around, however. It just seems like an unnecessary thing.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    At moment you have addons like Dressing Room who can handle at least gear and skill swaps, but I agree that it would be a nice idea to have the option to save different attribute, CP and even skill morph setups for reallocating out of combat.

At best do that by not forcing me to visit a stupid shrine for the change, but I would even want it if you would be only able to switch at a shrine as long as you have the option to actually save a template and therefore don't have to reallocate over 300 skill Points, 630 CP and the attribute skill points manually each time.

Edited by Flameheart on June 1, 2017 7:13AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Yes please should already be in the game imo, now i run a tank and DPS build and its annoying to have to switch my skills and gear everytime.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    and respec for skill s too- annoying to have to redo everything when i just want to change clench to reach or fury to wrath 4 example. there are so many game modes now, pvp dungeons, open world, duelling , bg, cyrodil , etc- to have just one set for cp is stupid. we have to be able to shift between at least 2
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..I like that idea
    Use the AlphaGear Addon.

PC Master Race.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence about this one.

I want it for the ease of use, especially for the change between PvE and PvP, however I really don't like when games remove all choice and consequence regarding builds for characters.

I would rather ZOS stop separating abilities (and now CP) from PvE and PvP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever heard of Dressing Room?

With a press of a button you can change from one build to another, including skills. It won't change your attributes or CP but if you're like everyone else, you'll probably have max Mag/Stam. As for CP, with the changes and the jump points now you can distribute your CP much better and probably make it work for two builds.

It's also very good if you have 2 skills sets for offensive and defensive. Though you have to be out of combat to change.
    Edited by Nermy on June 1, 2017 8:35AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton