The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Drop rate of Master Writs...

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped recording my results on Monday of this week as I will not be doing daily writs every day - after 91 days it has become too annoying. Below are the results for my 91 days straight of doing writs since Homestead dropped on PS4.

I did not see any real change that affected my overall voucher returns during the 91 days, neither positive or negative. I did see a reduction in actual master writs from early May but it seemed the ratio of higher return writs increased - so instead of getting 10 for 50 vouchers total, I might have only got 4 or 5 but still worth 50 vouchers.

My highest level, most knowledgeable and most experienced crafter definitely did not receive noticeably higher returns for me to agree that experience, trait research and motif knowledge made a huge difference. Maybe in writs received but not total voucher reward.

CMxf97v.png
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am one of those no life crafting empire people. I am finding that post-patch fewer master writs but more high value writs. In one day I received 450 vouchers worth of writs. I hope this is not just noise as running around for 2 voucher writs is killing me. And they raised the number of vouchers per purple recipe.

Someone.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am one of those no life crafting empire people. I am finding that post-patch fewer master writs but more high value writs. In one day I received 450 vouchers worth of writs. I hope this is not just noise as running around for 2 voucher writs is killing me. And they raised the number of vouchers per purple recipe.

Someone.

My experience has been the opposite. Except for an anomalously high MW (for me) of 257, I've had a steady stream lately of MWs worth 2 vouchers - both consumable and gear. Gettin' tired of being excited to get a MW only to find out it's worth, yet again, 2 vouchers.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Someone.
    Probably like you, I have never done the daily writs purely for master writs, I have always done them for the gold and materials to sell, seeing MWs as a new novelty at first but then more of a side benefit. While I was getting the MWs, I would hang onto them before completing up to 10 or 12 in one crafting session.

From now I will only be doing daily writs occasionally, as a change, or for more MWs if they come up with something I want from the voucher trader and I need more vouchers.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • creativetester
    creativetester
    Soul Shriven
    I do all 6 daily and I might get 2 or 3 per week, its crazy and most are 2 or 3 vouchers. Whats with the legendary only giving like 19 vouchers for gold, hell no, not worth it. Master legendary writs should start at 80 vouchers minimum because of the costs involved for the legendary upgrade mats. This definitely needs an overhaul. Ive never gotten a writ worth more than 123 vouchers but see 300 all the time, what gives
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    My highest level, most knowledgeable and most experienced crafter definitely did not receive noticeably higher returns for me to agree that experience, trait research and motif knowledge made a huge difference. Maybe in writs received but not total voucher reward.

This is what p*sses me off the most. At launch of this system we were told that crafting dilligence, i.e. motifs learned, recipes learned etc, counted for a good part of the chance to get a master crafter writ drop.

Yet in reality, everyone who do the numbers on these things see that it doesn't really matter at all. Any old character that hands in max level crafting writs will have just as good a chance for writs as the completionist master crafter with every trait, motif and recipe learned.

In the meantime I'm getting p*ssed on with 2 voucher "master" writs every third day - and nothing at all the days in between, on my completionist master crafter with everything learned.

So much for a "fun and rewarding" system. Master Crafter writs is nothing but the RNG hell of vMA for crafters.