The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Drop rate of Master Writs...

Alamakot
Alamakot
✭✭✭
has drastically decreased lately. I've asked several of my guildmates (PC EU Server) -noone got something except some alchemy writs (worth 2 vouchers each). How about you, Guys?
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just started being eligible for some writs like four-five days ago on my only character... But I got a Writ every day, although they were alchemy and enchantment. (3 Alchemy, 1 Enchantment - put in last skill points to max out both on the same day). They were worth between 4 and 6 writs.
    Edited by MagnusBlackmane on May 17, 2017 11:44AM
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I receive 1 MW per day at average, what gives me around 30-50 vouchers weekly. I do 8 writs every day. Haven't received a Provisioning one yet, thou (Master Provisioner, 83% recipes known).
    Edited by Streega on May 17, 2017 11:49AM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Mastercrafter on 6 Characters and do my writs everyday. I used to get 3-4MW per day and then I went dry. I thought maybe I had accidently removed an option to receive Master writs. I received my first MW in over a week this morning. They got a YUGE nerf to drop rates.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've "felt" a decline recently, but am resisting the urge to ascribe providence to coincidence.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    Craft on 8 guys.. normally average 4-5 low voucher writs a day.. mainly alchemy and enchanting.

So far today i've done writs on 5 guys.. my main with everything known an researches done got a 2 voucher clothing writ... then a secondary guy with likely less than half all researches an motifs done got an 81 writ clothing voucher.. an then very next guy with also about half done research an motifs also got 84 writ clothing voucher.

Normally I never get 3 clothing ones in a single day across my guys, let alone for 80 voucher range on 2 of em. Sooooooo rng is still working as intended is my guess. (Don't get me wrong, I think it's ridiculous my master crafter gets the worst luck especially after zos said how they are supposed to have higher chances)

Edit: finished my other 3 guys.. 1 provisioning master for 10 vouchers (psijic)
    Edited by Jadednatas on May 17, 2017 2:15PM
  • Brocknar
    Brocknar
    ✭✭
    Same, seems the past two weeks have seen a significant drop in master writs
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rate has been abysmal for me recently. 2 voucher writs have been more common. Recently got a writ which required 8 gold tempers for 7 vouchers. No thanks! The writs should be worth more vouchers or create more ways to earn vouchers!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they took the Master Writ rate that happened during the Anniversary Event when everyone was dusting off all their alts and having them do crafting writs to get the reward boxes. They saw a spike in the amount of Master Writs being done and nerfed it. Forgetting that once the even was over, the amount of crafting writs being done would plummet.

I was doing crafting writs on 9 Characters during the event. Prior to that, I was doing them on 2 characters. Now, I rarely do them on one character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• otis67
    otis67
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed a drop in master writs. I get several a day with 5 characters doing writs. I got 4 yesterday. There may be a day every so often where I dont get any, but it is usually 3-5 a day.
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    I have been lvl 50 on my alch and provision and doing writs almost every day for about month now -- just got my first MW yesterday on alch. Not sure if it is any relevant.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only do writs on two PCs each day.
    I get about 4-6 master writs per week. Normally I get 3 per day, twice a week, weird but it is nearly always this way.
    One character has every point available in the wood/metal/cloth lines, and 9 traits in almost all pieces, but does not know very many motifs.
    The other character has a very large percentage of motifs known, but almost no points in the wood/metal/cloth lines, and maybe avg 6-7 traits per piece.
    The character with more points in the craft lines gets way more writs, about ~80-100z writ coupons worth of master writs per week.
    The other character gets a couple, usually small ones, mostly always Alchemy, very rarely for high-level wood/metal/cloth writs.
    It seems the points in passives are key, more so than the motifs known value.
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    I only do writs on two PCs each day.
    I get about 4-6 master writs per week. Normally I get 3 per day, twice a week, weird but it is nearly always this way.
    One character has every point available in the wood/metal/cloth lines, and 9 traits in almost all pieces, but does not know very many motifs.
    The other character has a very large percentage of motifs known, but almost no points in the wood/metal/cloth lines, and maybe avg 6-7 traits per piece.
    The character with more points in the craft lines gets way more writs, about ~80-100z writ coupons worth of master writs per week.
    The other character gets a couple, usually small ones, mostly always Alchemy, very rarely for high-level wood/metal/cloth writs.
    It seems the points in passives are key, more so than the motifs known value.

So have you maxed out the "Keen Eyes" and Hirelings as well? I could see putting some skill points there if it would increase the master writ drop rate but that's a lot of points...
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to make sure that I did not give a guildmate bad info, so correct me if I'm wrong, but getting master writs has nothing to do with being level 50 in a skill line correct (*)? It has to do with actually being able to do top tier writs, which means spending skill points in the first passive of the skill line right? He told me he had stopped getting master writs and as we talked about it I came to find out he had respecced and not put points back in the passives thinking he only needed to be level 50 in the skill.

* Yes, you do need to be high level (not sure if you need to be 50) to be able to spend the skill points in the first place.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    agn231 wrote: »

So have you maxed out the "Keen Eyes" and Hirelings as well? I could see putting some skill points there if it would increase the master writ drop rate but that's a lot of points...

I don't have any points in Keen Eyes on the main crafter, but all Hirelings points.
    For the other PC, the one who receives fewer master writ requests, I have zero Hireling points, and 1 level of Keen Eyes on Cloth and one on Alchemy. I think wood and metal are easy to see and don't need it. But having it was amazing to me how much Mountain Flower and Columbine I was missing without the sparkly effect on it! Some levels of cloth are easy to see, and some are really hard to see.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    But having it was amazing to me how much Mountain Flower and Columbine I was missing without the sparkly effect on it! Some levels of cloth are easy to see, and some are really hard to see.

@Reivax

Yes, those two flowers are hard to see. But, if you go into Graphics Options and Turn off the Grass, you can see these nodes from a mile away.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hasn't really seemed to drop off for me but I'm just one player.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    I want to make sure that I did not give a guildmate bad info, so correct me if I'm wrong, but getting master writs has nothing to do with being level 50 in a skill line correct (*)? It has to do with actually being able to do top tier writs, which means spending skill points in the first passive of the skill line right? He told me he had stopped getting master writs and as we talked about it I came to find out he had respecced and not put points back in the passives thinking he only needed to be level 50 in the skill.

* Yes, you do need to be high level (not sure if you need to be 50) to be able to spend the skill points in the first place.

Not home to check but I think you need to be level 50 to max out the passive and the passive needs to be maxed out to do max level writs. So the two go hand in hand, level 50 first, max out the skill point passives, then you are doing max level writs and can get master writs.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My master writs have become nonexistent the past 3 weeks. 1 alchemy and 1 enchanting. I gave the alchemy to the guild as they are not worth the effort or mats to do. Enchanting even though the rewards are small take little effort so I do them. I put a table up in snugpod so easy peasy.
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    I think I receive 1 MW per day at average, what gives me around 30-50 vouchers weekly. I do 8 writs every day. Haven't received a Provisioning one yet, thou (Master Provisioner, 83% recipes known).

Hey where can you find that information - I mean now many recipes you know?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was putting here some numbers of the drop rates during the spring. They should show a steady silent nerf. The post grew so long that i decided to put it into a separate thread.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastasov wrote: »
    Hey where can you find that information - I mean now many recipes you know?

The 'ESO Master Recipe List' add-on (author: Phinix) is the best way to track recipes if you're on PC.

http://esoui.com/downloads/info1043-ESOMasterRecipeList.html

If you're not on PC, check and compare your list versus the UESP.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Food_Recipes
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen a bit of a decline in the drop rate AND the amount of WVs the ones I do get reward. This past week, all the gear MWs (save one I just got last night for 78) were between 2 and 6 vouchers. All Enchanting/Provisioning were worth 2 and Alchemy 2-6.

FWIW...I tend to receive the higher WV reward writs from my alts, who definitely have FAR LESS points allocated in those skill lines, so it hasn't made any difference for my main to have a lot of points allocated in all the crafting lines. She consistently gets fewer and lower value MWs than my alts, who basically JUST have the points in the passive to allow them to craft the top gear/consumables.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too much RNG involved to be sure but I think I am getting fewer MWs but probably about the same return of vouchers.

The other day I only got 2 or 3 but one was worth 138 vouchers, a few days before that I only got 3, with one for 50 and another for 80. In the past I have been known to get 6, 7 or 8 MWs for less than 30 vouchers in total.

As someone who has nearly always done the daily writs for profit (gold + items to sell), the novelty of MWs has worn off and they are more of a burden, clogging up inventory space now. I have all of my crafting tables (amour master attuned) and my target skeleton but still have 500 vouchers and about 700 vouchers worth of unused writs.

Hopefully they will come up with some new usable items to spend our vouchers on and make MWs desirable again.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are mistaken, sorry. RNG is still random. I run 4 characters at CP doing all the Crafting Writs. I have been recording the data for sometime in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13DTlAxlMitigd5l_OIKp2Quw8k3cHR3Ks0EIIo6sL0c/edit?usp=sharing. If you look at it you'll see that the MW drops I get vary from 15 ("tear my hair out" weeks) to 27 ("woohoo! the world is awesome!" weeks) per week. The characters have a varied number of complete Motifs ranging from 7 to 24 and a varying collection of recipes. I still haven't been able to work out what the difference is between these characters because the motifs appear to make no actual difference at all.

#Edit: I really do wish that I had set up the spreadsheet to also record which MW's dropped per character but regretfully I didn't.

#Edit2: I had a suspicion due to the drop rate of Psijic Recipe Fragments that there's a multiplier based on activity buried in their Writ drop rates. I still have that suspicion since the most prolific number of drops recently are currently on the character currently assigned to proccessing MW's and Surveys. There also "appears" to be an increase in drops during the festival period but there would need a lot more people recording the data and proving it. If it's true then I would suspect that you need to do three quests a day on each character (being the minimum that I was doing during the Jesters Festival).
    Edited by Woolenthreads on May 21, 2017 11:36PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate seems increasing for me. 6-9 traits, 16/43 motifs complete, 273/555 prov recipes, max possible levels in all crafts. I get M.writs everyday. Cloth, smith and wood are always 70+ for the past 3 weeks. Lots of enchanting and alchemy ones.Provisioning ones (2-3 per week with 2 vouchers or 10 vouchers only) are mostly unknown recipes.
    Edited by Deep_01 on May 22, 2017 10:40AM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    Nope, no unexplained change for me. MW rates on equipment writs have gone up on average very slightly for my 8 crafters, which makes sense because I keep researching stuff on all but my main:

c7o2Gi9.png

FGrbBQG.png
    #Edit2: I had a suspicion due to the drop rate of Psijic Recipe Fragments that there's a multiplier based on activity buried in their Writ drop rates.

I really don't think so. My Psijic Recipe fragment rate on my 8 characters is, in order of crafting ability: 2,6,2,1,5,4,5,4, with the first "2" being on my master crafter that does all the MW turn-ins and surveys (when I can be bothered to do surveys).

• Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Well, from my point of view everythig seem "back to normal", after 5 days of getting completely nothing.
    Thanks for all responses
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alamakot wrote: »
    Well, from my point of view everythig seem "back to normal", after 5 days of getting completely nothing.
    Thanks for all responses

Me too. My main crafter is once again getting 'expected' master writ drops, after a 3 week dry period.
    Seemed to mysteriously coincide with the morrowind patch...
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    ninti wrote: »
    #Edit2: I had a suspicion due to the drop rate of Psijic Recipe Fragments that there's a multiplier based on activity buried in their Writ drop rates.

I really don't think so. My Psijic Recipe fragment rate on my 8 characters is, in order of crafting ability: 2,6,2,1,5,4,5,4, with the first "2" being on my master crafter that does all the MW turn-ins and surveys (when I can be bothered to do surveys).

I wasn't referring to crafting activity but game activity and it's still only a suspicion as I can't be bothered testing it. Do you, for instance run around completing 3 or more quests on every chracter, every day?
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    I wasn't referring to crafting activity but game activity and it's still only a suspicion as I can't be bothered testing it. Do you, for instance run around completing 3 or more quests on every chracter, every day?

Nah, most of them do nothing except craft, the only ones that I do quests on with any frequency are the 1st and 5th on that list ( 2,6,2,1,5,4,5,4).