The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Breath of Life...Broken? [Morrowind]

Pawsy
Pawsy
✭✭
According to the patch notes, breath of life should only heal one person in a cone. however, when testing this, i was able to heal people behind me doing a dung (city of ash 2). It isnt just me, my friend was testing it and it healed always the person closest to him or with the lowest health. Please address this, or templars are just going to over rule other classes just as before.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    It still heals all over the place.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pawsy wrote: »
    According to the patch notes, breath of life should only heal one person in a cone. however, when testing this, i was able to heal people behind me doing a dung (city of ash 2). It isnt just me, my friend was testing it and it healed always the person closest to him or with the lowest health. Please address this, or templars are just going to over rule other classes just as before.
    To which Patch Notes version are you referring? Although I've found a long section devoted to changes in Templar abilities, I cannot find any mention of the Breath of Life in the PC/Mac Patch Notes v. 3.0.5 (Morrowind).

You don't mention the platform and megaserver on which you play TESO. However, I doubt that any abilities are different from the way they are implemented on a PC/Mac, unless someone has made a significant programming error that is evinced on one platform but not another.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Restoring Light
    • Rushed Ceremony: This ability and its morphs now heal friendly targets in a 180 degree cone in front of you, instead of all targets in a radius around you.
      Developer Comments:
      Rushed Ceremony has been an extremely potent heal, and we wanted to adjust its effectiveness without making the ability heal for less. With these goals in mind, we made it so the ability only heals targets in front of the Templar. This makes the ability require more strategic positioning and gives the healer more control over who gets healed. You can now position yourself to ensure an ally being attacked will be healed, rather than another player standing in the back.

Not sure if they changed it in any of the other patches but this was 3.0.0
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, BoL isn't why Templars were the best healers at all.
    Secondly, only the main heal is directional, if nobody is in the cone then Templar is guaranteed the big heal with the smaller heal still being non-directional. This was reported many times on PTS
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pawsy wrote: »
    To which Patch Notes version are you referring? Although I've found a long section devoted to changes in Templar abilities, I cannot find any mention of the Breath of Life in the PC/Mac Patch Notes v. 3.0.5 (Morrowind).

You don't mention the platform and megaserver on which you play TESO. However, I doubt that any abilities are different from the way they are implemented on a PC/Mac, unless someone has made a significant programming error that is evinced on one platform but not another.

The Rushed Ceremony change is in the 3.0.5 patch notes (the version that went live). Read them here and ctrl+F "Rushed Ceremony".
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Pawsy
    Pawsy
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    First off, BoL isn't why Templars were the best healers at all.
    Secondly, only the main heal is directional, if nobody is in the cone then Templar is guaranteed the big heal with the smaller heal still being non-directional. This was reported many times on PTS

Well i was finding that the main heal was affecting people behind me. And also, if it can target anyone, what stops people just continuing to use this and just using the off heal to heal people, it is still very powerful. i can get 11k crit on it which is half the average persons health.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    The Rushed Ceremony change is in the 3.0.5 patch notes (the version that went live). Read them here and ctrl+F "Rushed Ceremony".
    For what it is worth (not much sometimes), I keep a Firefox tab open to the most recent Patch Notes and I know how to use its search features, thank-you.

Finding the documented change in "Breath Of Life" is the inherent problem with giving "morphs" names that have no relation to the name of the original ability. In most contexts, many readers will not recognize what such a statement as the one in the Patch Notes implies. And searching for information in that regard can be fruitless.

Who really wants to remembers each and every morph for each and every ability -- including the "ultimate ability" -- of each and every Class, Weapon, Guild, and/or Armor "skill line"? And why should anyone have to remember all of that just to play a fantasy role-playing game in which all of the characters and their "abilities" are imaginary? It's the facts of real life that you'd best remember for your own good, and for the benefit of those whom you love. Fiction is not my forte.

Although my memory is not eidetic, I am acquainted with a 14 y.o. fellow who has that gift, for real. He has told me that sometimes it can be a booby prize, too. There are some things that other people wish you would forget, or, at least, never remind them about. But he can't forget. ....

Edited by Shadowshire on June 1, 2017 12:31AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi