The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Level 17 vs CP 630 battlegrounds mode... ZOS really? (-_-)

• WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    It will display player's CP because that is their 'level' for having that many allocated. The CP are disabled, the player is essentially level 50 with the benefit of endgame at-level equipment.

Yeah as I am told from the previous comments but still 17 vs 50 kinda unfair don't you think?
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    630CP is irrelevant in BG's. CP does nothing there as it is deactivated in the BG.

Still. Lvl17 vs Lvl50. The OPs point is still valid.

if they know what they're doing - the level 50's gear alone could wipe a level 17 player...

most definitely need a vet/non-vet version of BG's...although at the moment not sure the early release pop can support that...

THANK YOU
    this is the very reason why you are experiencing strange grouping OP

the only people with access to BG are those who pre-ordered it will improve once morrowind is 'officially' launched

i have seen dev comments (no i cant be bothered to go look for them & link it here)
    which has basically stated that once morrowind is officially launched the groups will be more balanced
    whether this means seperating players based on character level - or just seperating players based on PvP level/BG trophies earned i couldt say. but atm the group is basically formed on a 1st come 1st served basis.

And you believe them? Lol, I have some real estate in Florida I could sell you at a great price.

Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    630CP is irrelevant in BG's. CP does nothing there as it is deactivated in the BG.

if they know what they're doing - the level 50's gear alone could wipe a level 17 player...

most definitely need a vet/non-vet version of BG's...although at the moment not sure the early release pop can support that...

Not entirely accurate. With the power of battle leveling if they really know what they're doing level 17 can if not win then definitely hold their own against lvl 50. But it's not easy and it's insanely expensive because hello updating sets to purple every 2 levels+acquiring low level set jewelry. 99.999% low levels aren't into that(not to mention a lot if not most of them are legit new players who don't yet understand their class and the game).

We do need a <lvl 50 BG option. I'm just hoping they add one with official release.

...in the meanwhile though...makes me want to roll a baby templar or something and see just how much advantage I can get out of battle leveling at level 10-20 :p
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am really trying to understand the logic behind this mode's balancing, I really don't know where to begin but I am a level 17 warden and I am up against CP 630 players who 1 hit kill me, how is this balanced??!

Anyway my point is : Battlegrounds is a complete failure probably the biggest failure I have seen in 2017.

Conclusion: Not gonna bother with battlegrounds anymore :/ (until fixed and we all know how that will go..) In the end Morrowind is a $40 DLC for a class and a half empty region.

So do you think that you should be able to compete with a CP630 or do you think that you should not be pitted against them?

If it is the latter, I agree - if it is the former, WTF is wrong with you?!?
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    I am really trying to understand the logic behind this mode's balancing, I really don't know where to begin but I am a level 17 warden and I am up against CP 630 players who 1 hit kill me, how is this balanced??!

Anyway my point is : Battlegrounds is a complete failure probably the biggest failure I have seen in 2017.

Conclusion: Not gonna bother with battlegrounds anymore :/ (until fixed and we all know how that will go..) In the end Morrowind is a $40 DLC for a class and a half empty region.

So do you think that you should be able to compete with a CP630 or do you think that you should not be pitted against them?

I shouldn't be placed with high level people.. nor they should be placed with low level people
    Options
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be a below level 50 campaign, but if you enter to level 10, you will still fighting "high" level players (49 for exemple). Or the below level 50 campaign put together people with the same level: 10 to 20, 21 to 30, etc.
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is disabled in battlegrounds . . .

that's not what I saw...

First time I play it and I am versus people who it says 630 CP :/

well thats because its there "level" but they cant use them in there.

yes so they are level 50 while their CP is disabled ( even though it said they are 630 CP) This is still unbalanced because 17 - 50 is a big difference in level.

Level 17 is scaled up to max level. You have more raw stats than any max level character to compensate for your lack of passives.

It's just that you don't have a proper build and you have no experience while many max CP players have their build min-maxed and they know exactly what they are doing.

There are people who take advantage of this scaling, they make unkillable low level characters. A level 20 with purple level 20 gear is ridiculously strong.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I shouldn't be placed with high level people.. nor they should be placed with low level people

OK, THAT makes much more sense. You had me scared there for a minute.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why level 17 would not stop queueing and better level up!

Definately imlrivements in BG will be followed but stop writing big useless posts!
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 15 I've beat level 45's in non vet PVP and I don't consider myself good at PVP at all.

That's on a templar with no execute (since you need to be about level 30ish to have unlocked it).

Battle leveling really buffs you at low level, especially when wearing gear close to your level. At level 15 I had 32k Health and 33k Magicka.

In my level 20's I had closer to 42k magicka with nearly 30k health.

That said, I'm not sure why there isn't a non vet queue for Battlegrounds.
    Options
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can agree with OP that a level 15 shouldn't be playing against level 50s. While he has a few skill points they could have gathered ALL of the skyshards and have maxed passives on top of legendary gear/ Monster Sets. So I can feel the pain homie. I've said something similar only to be shouted down. If I didn't care about the game I wouldn't be critical about certain aspects of the game.
    Options
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lvl means nothing past lvl 15;

You have both bars, you might be lacking skill unlocks and skill points. Go skyshard hunting. Your gear must be crap, just bring it up to purp lvl and put enchants and use a set. Use food. Use potions.

Thats where the difference gap is. Your actual level doesnt change a damn thing because everything is leveled. Levels as a whole should just be removed entirely because all it does is confuse new players like this.

The CP 630 you played against probably had optimized purp or gold gear with purp or gold food buff ;; which is easily attainable at level 17 if you play for a few days.
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

THANK YOU
    this is the very reason why you are experiencing strange grouping OP

the only people with access to BG are those who pre-ordered it will improve once morrowind is 'officially' launched

i have seen dev comments (no i cant be bothered to go look for them & link it here)
    which has basically stated that once morrowind is officially launched the groups will be more balanced
    whether this means seperating players based on character level - or just seperating players based on PvP level/BG trophies earned i couldt say. but atm the group is basically formed on a 1st come 1st served basis.

And you believe them? Lol, I have some real estate in Florida I could sell you at a great price.

clearly you dont understand my post so let me explain it AGAIN

battlegraouds are currently ONLY being accessed by the players who pre-ordered

on the 6th of may everyone with the DLC or chapter will be able to access it

therfore battlegrounds will be able to group people according to level/ability rather than simply grouping 4 random people together, and making them fight 2 other groups of 4 random people

please

L2R
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    Voxicity wrote: »
    ryh wrote: »
    Gear lvl 17 weared by lvl 17 player is scaled like cp160 gear weared by cp160+ player.
    Gear lvl 17 weared by cp160+ player is not scaled.

Except that the CP160+ player is likely going to be wearing optimized gear sets with the intent of winning, and the level 17 is going to have random dropped gear, and even IF the level 17 had crafted gear, they'd still be missing 3/4/5 piece dropped set bonuses and 2 piece Monster Set. There's zero competition there.

Not to mention the lack of skill points to put into passives, racial bonuses, etc.

Then the lvl 17 should lvl some more, get skill points etc and come back when they're ready. You can't expect to play the game for less than a week and compete evenly in PvP. They could always go to below lvl 50 cyrodiil campaigns if they REALLY want to get into some PvP action sooner

But you are missing the point that the game gives you the quest at a low level. They need to make a vet and non vet battlegrounds just like did for cyrodiil.

But vet vs non-vet is totslly irrelevant for evrry complaint i have seen thus far?

In the "49 and under" pvp campsign, you as a 17 wesring 17 pick up trash might be facing a 40 ehicj is the 13th alt of a cp630 eho has full gear setups of at least purple quality, all coordinated and just as abke to outshine you in performance and gear.

As for coming scross the quest at 17 and that being too early, you got an invite to cyrodil at 10 and it popped into your mail. Did not even have to find that, it came to you.

But except for two things BG is "as bakanced" as Cyro has been...

1 it is non-cp.
    2 it has known numbers of foes... four v four where Cyro has no numerical control to speak of.

As you observe, you have one balancing mechanism at your fingertips, same as with Cyro, dont enter the pvp.

Other than that you have to deal with the consequences of your choice to enter the fray.

But imagining some filter system will provide better balance is hoping for a redult that has not been sought in this game from a design perspective in pvp ever.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS HATE PvP

#Fact

...just see Cyrodiil and a LOT of problem's... LAG, macrouser's, cheater's, exploits on Addon's, etc...
    Edited by Juli'St on May 31, 2017 9:47PM
    Options