Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Level 17 vs CP 630 battlegrounds mode... ZOS really? (-_-)

WarMasterCyp
WarMasterCyp
✭✭✭
I am really trying to understand the logic behind this mode's balancing, I really don't know where to begin but I am a level 17 warden and I am up against CP 630 players who 1 hit kill me, how is this balanced??!

Anyway my point is : Battlegrounds is a complete failure probably the biggest failure I have seen in 2017.

Conclusion: Not gonna bother with battlegrounds anymore :/ (until fixed and we all know how that will go..) In the end Morrowind is a $40 DLC for a class and a half empty region.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm youre level 17... maybe you should level first??
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
    Options
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OneTamriel for the win!
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    630CP is irrelevant in BG's. CP does nothing there as it is deactivated in the BG.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP is disabled in battlegrounds . . .
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭

that's not what I saw...

First time I play it and I am versus people who it says 630 CP :/
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    630CP is irrelevant in BG's. CP does nothing there as it is deactivated in the BG.

Still. Lvl17 vs Lvl50. The OPs point is still valid.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    Ummm youre level 17... maybe you should level first??

Dude it gave me a quest in the city in morrowind DLC at this level... it doesn't tell you it is for 50+ / CP
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that's not what I saw...

Yeah, but it's disabled. That just shows their "level".
    Options
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's not what I saw...

well thats because its there "level" but they cant use them in there.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭

that's not what I saw...

well thats because its there "level" but they cant use them in there.

yes so they are level 50 while their CP is disabled ( even though it said they are 630 CP) This is still unbalanced because 17 - 50 is a big difference in level.
    Options
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's not what I saw...

but cp160+ means, that their gear is probably better than any char pre lvl 50 has...

In my opinion Battlegrounds should be divided into nonmax level and cp160+
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

It's no different than non-vet cyrodil.
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

that's not what I saw...

but cp160+ means, that their gear is probably better than any char pre lvl 50 has...

In my opinion Battlegrounds should be divided into nonmax level and cp160+

Yeah that would make a lot more sense to be honest
    Options
  • Drakhaon
    Drakhaon
    ✭✭✭
    I think because you have CP on your account, the finder didnt care about your lvl and put you with high cp people.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except you're forced to rely on that lvl 17 to try and win...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if they know what they're doing - the level 50's gear alone could wipe a level 17 player...

most definitely need a vet/non-vet version of BG's...although at the moment not sure the early release pop can support that...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭

Except you're forced to rely on that lvl 17 to try and win...

Yeah man and I don't want to be holding my team down but I just want to play with people at my level..
    Options
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    Gear lvl 17 weared by lvl 17 player is scaled like cp160 gear weared by cp160+ player.
    Gear lvl 17 weared by cp160+ player is not scaled.
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

if they know what they're doing - the level 50's gear alone could wipe a level 17 player...

most definitely need a vet/non-vet version of BG's...although at the moment not sure the early release pop can support that...

Well I guess i'll stay clear until they implement something or fix balancing otherwise I won't just bother with battlegrounds.
    Options
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryh wrote: »
    Gear lvl 17 weared by lvl 17 player is scaled like cp160 gear weared by cp160+ player.

Except that the CP160+ player is likely going to be wearing optimized gear sets with the intent of winning, and the level 17 is going to have random dropped gear, and even IF the level 17 had crafted gear, they'd still be missing 3/4/5 piece dropped set bonuses and 2 piece Monster Set. There's zero competition there.

Not to mention the lack of skill points to put into passives, racial bonuses, etc.
    Edited by Uncle_Sweetshare on May 31, 2017 5:08PM
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭

Except that the CP160+ player is likely going to be wearing optimized gear sets with the intent of winning, and the level 17 is going to have random dropped gear, and even IF the level 17 had crafted gear, they'd still be missing 3/4/5 piece dropped set bonuses and 2 piece Monster Set. There's zero competition there.

Not to mention the lack of skill points to put into passives, racial bonuses, etc.

yep all I have is random gear I find on the floor :(
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I guess i'll stay clear until they implement something or fix balancing otherwise I won't just bother with battlegrounds.

forget that - ain't your fault player balance wasn't thought out a lot better...

just try to turtle up as much as possible, and try to use the other players to shield yourself...if you have support abilities try to help support your group mates as much as possible...

what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...although in this case - i imagine you'll be dying a whole lot :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then the lvl 17 should lvl some more, get skill points etc and come back when they're ready. You can't expect to play the game for less than a week and compete evenly in PvP. They could always go to below lvl 50 cyrodiil campaigns if they REALLY want to get into some PvP action sooner
    Edited by Voxicity on May 31, 2017 5:13PM
    Options
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have access to less than half of your skills at 17 and almost no sets.
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU
    this is the very reason why you are experiencing strange grouping OP

the only people with access to BG are those who pre-ordered it will improve once morrowind is 'officially' launched

i have seen dev comments (no i cant be bothered to go look for them & link it here)
    which has basically stated that once morrowind is officially launched the groups will be more balanced,
    whether this means seperating players based on character level - or just seperating players based on PvP level/BG trophies earned i couldt say. but atm the group is basically formed on a 1st come 1st served basis.
    Options
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭

forget that - ain't your fault player balance wasn't thought out a lot better...

just try to turtle up as much as possible, and try to use the other players to shield yourself...if you have support abilities try to help support your group mates as much as possible...

what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...although in this case - i imagine you'll be dying a whole lot :)

I had 1 kill 6 deaths and a ton of assists :/
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

Then the lvl 17 should lvl some more, get skill points etc and come back when they're ready. You can't expect to play the game for less than a week and compete evenly in PvP. They could always go to below lvl 50 cyrodiil campaigns if they REALLY want to get into some PvP action sooner

But you are missing the point that the game gives you the quest at a low level. They need to make a vet and non vet battlegrounds just like did for cyrodiil.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    Voxicity wrote: »

But you are missing the point that the game gives you the quest at a low level. They need to make a vet and non vet battlegrounds just like did for cyrodiil.

Nah I understand that and I never said ZOS did it right. All I'm saying is how it stands now (nothing is gonna change any time soon), the only advice I can give is to level up etc and come back when they can compete more.
    Options
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    ... Wow seriously nut up, and go play. QQing over something like this insignificant mode that not required for game development is stupid.

Also when my Stamplar was level 20, and I crafted it good set, enhanced them so they are all blue. I was beating my lvl 50 NB friend in duels all the time. So lvl gap between 2 normal players is not and reason to cry.

Nut up.
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will display player's CP because that is their 'level' for having that many allocated. The CP are disabled, the player is essentially level 50 with the benefit of endgame at-level equipment.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options