The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Removal of AoE Caps (read first)

Sheey
Sheey
✭✭✭✭
Since my last post has been closed I start a new one regarding Aoe Caps.

What is my problem with AOE Caps?
- My problem regarding the cap of players I can hit issues me when I have to fight 7+ enemies. My changes to win such a szenario is already pretty low. And gets even lower by the amount off healing and reaction time the opposite has.

Anything else?
Yes, overall abilities are costing me way to much. For the cost they do to little. And with AoE caps your damage gets reduced even more. You don't even need to be an emperor to see this overall costincrease with the lack of damage you put out.

Why are AoE Caps unfair?

Aoe Caps are like the keep flags in Cyrodiil. The more you are they faster you win. Regarding AoE Caps it means the more you are, the less damage you take.

What does that mean regading the classes we have?

Its a buff for all class(es)(abilities) which alot of single target abilities such as Sorcerer, nightblades and a nerf to all classes with alot of AoE damage abilities like the dragonknight.

Tell me your opinion.
Edited by Sheey on May 31, 2017 7:57PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be misinformed, but I thought AoE caps were removed? is this only in PvP where AoE caps still exist?
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »
    Since my last post has been closed I start a new one regarding Aoe Caps.

What is my problem with AOE Caps?
    - My problem regarding the cap of players I can hit issues me when I have to fight 7+ enemies. My changes to win such a szenario is already pretty low. And gets even lower by the amount off healing and reaction time the opposite has.

Anything else?
    Yes, overall abilities are costing me way to much. For the cost they do to little. And with AoE caps your damage gets reduced even more. You don't even need to be an emperor to see this overall costincrease with the lack of damage you put out.

Why are AoE Caps unfair?

Aoe Caps are like the keep flags in Cyrodiil. The more you are they faster you win. Regarding AoE Caps it means the more you are, the less damage you take.

What does that mean regading the classes we have?

Its a buff for all class(es)(abilities) which alot of single target abilities such as Sorcerer, nightblades and a nerf to all classes with alot of AoE damage abilities like the dragonknight.

Tell me your opinion.

you only take like 25% less damage now after 6 since homestead now right?
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    They exist for pvp and pve. As soon as you hit more then 6 players your damage gets reduced to 75% and the lower the more.
    Edited by Sheey on May 31, 2017 8:02PM
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tell me your opinion.

In my opinion, zerging is terrible, skill-less garbage. In the minds of a large potion of the playerbase and the devs though, zerging is a feature not a bug. So zerging in Cyrodiil won't ever be solved.

The solution to your problem is to play battlegrounds.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They exist for pvp and pve. As soon as you hit more then 6 players your damage gets reduced to 75% and the lower the more.

so yes 25% less damage now lol opposed to the 50% it used to be. and whats its like over 20 people its 50% less now?? how many people are you planning on VDing at once?
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are caps 75%/50% and 25%. Depending on the number of players involved.
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know zos' reason why they dont remove them.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    I may be misinformed, but I thought AoE caps were removed? is this only in PvP where AoE caps still exist?

Basically they have been though atter a certain number of targets other targets take slightly reduced damage.

It's not about 1v7+. That's getting into odds where the subject doesn't matter much though I do remember the day of being able to mow down 8+ players sold.

Few can survive while milking 7+ unless those 7+ are pretty bad.

As for abilities costing way to much, it's the same with all of us. All this is equal for all of us.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know zos' reason why they dont remove them.
    @Wrobel told us why he won't remove AOE caps.If he removing them it would make PVE to hard since you can no longer stack and burn through content.This is very telling its not about AOE caps but @ZOS_BrianWheeler were asked after shadow of the hist they were doing a press tour for something. They had a live Q&A somewhere in Europe and someone asked them is there a possibility that they add dynamic ultimate regen back to the game.Wheeler response was no because it allowed 1 player to win outnumbered against 2 lesser skilled players.Its not fair for the lesser skilled players who out number you. So from that you can see why we have AOE caps Zos dont want you to win outnumbered.