The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What to focus on for CP?

eriklindham
Om at CP270, mag sorc with pet spec.

What would you recommend me to focus on for fun/cp? I tried soloing Skyreach (the quest) but that didn't really work out so I have my doubts of grinding since I'm a bit too squishy. Besides, I don't really enjoy grinding.

Since this is my second char I haven't really completed much.

what would yield the most exp of below, while not making you too bored?

Guild quests (mage, undaunted, fighter, thieves, db etc)
Zone main questlines (I've done 3 or 4 zones)
Do Dolmens and Dungeons
Do the quests in grp dungeons (vet/norm)
Anything else?

Happy to hear your thoughts
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not making you too bored? Change your objective. Don't try to level up, try to do something else.

Overland quests. Just don't skip it. Read it and follow the story. Do it for the achievements and skill points.

Public dungeons are good for farming set items, and making some gold. So long as you have a viable build to solo it or manage to get in a group. Do it for set items and earning gold.

Dolmens could be a good xp farm, haven't tested it. They also provide some items you can sell/research/deconstruct and help in the Fighter's Guild skill line. Do these to level up your fighter's guild skill line.

I can go on like this, but if you set your mind on other objectives, then not only will it seems like your levelling faster, you'll also be progressing on other things while you're at it.
    For example, To me it felt like ages to get the last 5 CP's to reach 160 CP and finally start grinding for armor. And yesterday, at some point I was like "Oh, I'm at 180 CP? Cool". Surely I spend more time on those 20 points to 180 than those 5 points to 160, but still, I've gotten stronger while keeping myself entertained doing something else.

Just make sure that you do something that actually gives XP. Farming mats, while casually unlocking chests and killing trash mobs will probably not help alot in gaining CP levels.