Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

No more Coldharbour tutorial?

MilonZ
MilonZ
Soul Shriven
Haven't played for a VERY long time, and haven't had much luck with a search. Created a new character (warden) and was very disoriented by starting broken bonds instead of the Wailing Prison quest. Has that tutorial been eliminated since the storyline of the game has advanced?
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still pick up the Wailing Prison quest line and go through it. After you complete the new tutorial, you'll need to return to your faction's first-tier city in Auridon, Stone Falls or Glenumbra to pick up the quest from a "Benefactor"
  • MilonZ
    MilonZ
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the info!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did it this morning. Make sure you're ready for the Wailing Prison before you talk to the benefactor (empty excess inventory, repair armor, etc.) because afterward you won't have a chance to do those things.

They added a REALLY cool scene to the beginning of the quest to show how you get into the Wailing Prison. I won't spoil it here, but they did a great job on it.
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I just did it this morning. Make sure you're ready for the Wailing Prison before you talk to the benefactor (empty excess inventory, repair armor, etc.) because afterward you won't have a chance to do those things.

They added a REALLY cool scene to the beginning of the quest to show how you get into the Wailing Prison. I won't spoil it here, but they did a great job on it.

Hmmm... followed this, but decided to dump more stuff at vendor in Auridon, walk 5-6 steps past hooded figure, and bang, fail quest... bummer, hooded figure gone.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Hmmm... followed this, but decided to dump more stuff at vendor in Auridon, walk 5-6 steps past hooded figure, and bang, fail quest... bummer, hooded figure gone.
    Weird you should have an way to get into the main quest.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »
    You should be able to find her again if you hang around the capital city of your faction.