Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A question regarding crafting writs and skill level

Rye_Encoke
Rye_Encoke
✭✭
Okay so last week I was level 5 in Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Woodworking. The nodes all were ebony, ebonthread, fell hide and yew. Then 4 days ago I put a skill point in each. All the nodes I gather from are now calcinium, kresh, topgrain and birch.

Last week my writs used the level 5 materials. But I am level 6 now and as I said all the nodes are now giving me the level 6 mats. However, the writs I am getting are still for the level 5 materials....for 4 days now they have been for the level 5 materials and yet I am at level 6 in all three crafting skills and all the nodes have changed to the level 6 materials.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but it definitely seems odd that the crafting writs are still for the old skill level. Any insights or reasons for this? Should I report this as a bug? Not sure what to do at this point.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been a while since I've done writs at those crafting tiers, but I think level 6 would take you to Coldharbour for turn in. Do you have access to Coldharbour - specifically the Hollow City? If not, then it may be why you're still getting Tier 5 gear writs instead of tier 6.
  • Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    nope I have access to every zone, I made sure to go visit and get the wayshrine in the main cities, as well as a couple others in each zone.

edit: okay i just did a search and included the term Coldharbour and....I think you have the answer. I went to coldharbour by porting to someone there in order to get the wayshrines. However, the explanation I found is that unless I have advanced far enough in the main quest line to take me to coldharbour, the game will assume I can't get there and so won't advance my crafting writs.

I did all kinds of google searches but never came up with that forum topic. I guess eventually I just managed to fall into the correct search terms and it pulled that up, apparently quite few people had the same problem over time and this was the response that seemed to explain it. So I will advance in main quest line and see if that does indeed "fix" the problem and then post if it is indeed the reason.

edit: yup it worked. As soon as I got to coldharbour and met the groundskeeper I was able to do the writs at the current skill level.
    Edited by Rye_Encoke on June 1, 2017 12:54PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~ snip ~

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 30, 2017 8:04PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rye_Encoke wrote: »
    However, the explanation I found is that unless I have advanced far enough in the main quest line to take me to coldharbour, the game will assume I can't get there and so won't advance my crafting writs.

That's it, yes.

An odd problem that has been reported ... and seems like an easy fix for ZOS.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do them after you get there as long as you do the Groundskeeper's quest. I have level 8 characters doing writs in Coldharbour... you just have to do that one quest, not the main storyline quest.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.