The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HA weaving - questions

malicia
malicia
✭✭✭✭
So, with Morrowind being reality, I guess that I have to work a bit on HA weaving. There are a few things I'm not too sure of, though, so here goes. I'm playing DW stamblade, with a bow on the backbar. As I see it, HA animations are divided into two parts: drawing the weapons back, and firing the attack.

1. Is it a valid approach to simply hold in the left mouse button, and to weave by pressing buttons 1-5 on the keyboard in order of your rotation? Does this hold true over bar swops?

2. When should I press the relevant skill button? I guess it is at the moment the firing part of the HA animation starts?

3. When is potions used? Can you use it simultaneously with a skill in your rotation, or will it take up a timeslot in the place of a skill? To put it in another way, is it "HA-skill-HA-skill-HA-pot-HA", or "HA-skill-HA-(skill+pot)-HA"?

4. Same as above, but for ultimates?

At the moment my "rotation" is focussed on keeping dots up, but much of it is simply a madhouse of mashing the left button and the next needed skill button. There's very little timing in my current rotation, so I would like to get that a bit better. With HAs now needed to replenish some stamina, my button mashing is simply not cutting it anymore.

Thanks!
PC, EU
Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
@taciti
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not good for skeleton parses, good for boss fights:

At the moment, unless they fix it, it's safest to let your character fully HA. If you animation cancel heavy attacks you might end up wasting 1.5 seconds doing a medium attack which doesn't do much damage and does not restore resources.

Also, it's best to HA on the front bar, but if you are in a fight that periodically forces you away from the boss, since you are stamina, it's best to use those moments to HA.
    Edited by Draqone on May 30, 2017 12:19PM
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^Thanks for your inputs!

When on the back bar, I guess it is then over to weaving LAs in among skills, rather than just cycle all skills and then switch to front bar?

Meh, the whole concept of weaving is so simple, but to get it to a point where it works well and optimally is much less so!
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti