Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What the hell is going on? Low health and weapon damage

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
It seems like my health points gradually go down. One second it's 16k (I don't know how to make it any higher with a stamina build) Then it's 15k, Now it's 14k. My weapon damage , too. Unbuffed i'm supposed to deal 1700 damage (using DW) But now unbuffed is 1400 and buffed is 1841. I have 3 sets, each adds 103 dmg, 118 and 121 respectively. All my gears are leveled at 48 (i'm level 49) So my question is, what exactly am i doing wrong NOW?
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    When I get major brutality my damage jumps up to 2204.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a number of things could be causing fluctuation

when you create a new character you & your gear are auto-scaled to max level (160CP), this is to help you complete quests

every time you level up the maths change which typically results in your stat sheet changing
    (the algorithms are available online if you want more information)

your gear choices also effect the maths, your gear is pretty much your level though so i wouldnt worry about that

what content are you playing at the moment?
    and do you have an champion points yet? or is this your 1st character?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you level up, the buff from level scaling decreases. The health point decrease is most likely due to this. As you hit level 50 you are probably at your weakest, but as you build up champion points you will get stronger. You might want to use a health enchantment or two to build up your base health points if you find yourself too vulnerable. Or, perhaps use a food that boosts health and stamina.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭

when you create a new character you & your gear are auto-scaled to max level (160CP), this is to help you complete quests

every time you level up the maths change which typically results in your stat sheet changing

your gear choices also effect the maths, your gear is pretty much your level though so i wouldnt worry about that

After a few failures, this is the 3rd character. I'm a stam DPS, I use 5 med 2 heavy and i have the perk that adds 6% weapon damage to every med gear. How do i check for champion points? And by content you mean VR and normal? because i think normal.
    Edited by dueldragon on May 29, 2017 5:32PM
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    It seems i have found the problem. Yes, i am aware of the fact that bonuses armor points and the damage of the weapon itself decrease with every level, But this was a bit different. It seems i didn't know that that as long as the armor's durability getting damaged it also decreases your bonuses and it's overall effectiveness.

But now i am interested in champion points. Can any of you give information?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dueldragon wrote: »

After a few failures, this is the 3rd character. I'm a stam DPS, I use 5 med 2 heavy and i have the perk that adds 6% weapon damage to every med gear. How do i check for champion points? And by content you mean VR and normal? because i think normal.

ok so in answer to your actual question original question
    what exactly am i doing wrong NOW?
    the answer is
    absolutley nothing
    you have said you are using set pieces which is great
    5 medium with some heavy which is perfect for giving you additional survivability as a stam dd
    and most importantly you are using your passive skills which is so important in this game

once you reach level 50 for the 1st time you will begin to earn champion points (CP), as a brand new player you will earn these very quickly.

you do not need to replace your armour every time you earn a champion point at the very most replace your crafted armour every 20 champion points although you could go as many as 50 Champion points between new crafted armour.

since at least some of your gear will be found gear (enemy drops, quest rewards) you just want to wear whatever you find, 2 full 5 piece sets (even if half the items are much lower in level than you) may be stronger than 4 part sets

blue armour is perfectly fine for you, of course any purple pieces you find will only help you, you should not make any items gold, as the gold upgrade materials are rare, expensive & best saved for max level gear you have tried & tested.

160CP is max gear level ** once you reach this you can decide on your final gear choices, there are a lot of builds that you can look at for inspiration on line & a lot of people here on the forums who are more than happy to help you with advice

use the time you have between now and then to enjoy getting to know you character, their strenghts and their weaknesses, and how they are effected by your play style. this will help you choose a good build once you are 160 CP

**you will continue to earn CP after this but for the foreseeable future at least you will not have to replace your armour.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is simply a way to continue character progression once you reach max level (level 50)

hopefully this link will help explain things
    elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2015/01/15/update-6-guide-the-champion-system
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems i have found the problem. Yes, i am aware of the fact that bonuses armor points and the damage of the weapon itself decrease with every level, But this was a bit different. It seems i didn't know that that as long as the armor's durability getting damaged it also decreases your bonuses and it's overall effectiveness.

It's not the case anymore. It used to be, but now it's not. It's not your gear, most likely culprit is battle leveling wearing off. I recommend eating food and putting a few health enchants on your gear, or perhaps some healthy jewelry, or even a few attribute points into health - whichever is the easiest.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

It's not the case anymore. It used to be, but now it's not. It's not your gear, most likely culprit is battle leveling wearing off. I recommend eating food and putting a few health enchants on your gear, or perhaps some healthy jewelry, or even a few attribute points into health - whichever is the easiest.

15 points into health and a healing enchantment gave me this.

And i don't know, It was still like that until i repaired my gear.
    Edited by dueldragon on May 29, 2017 7:02PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your gear will now give you all the same bonuses until it breaks. When it breaks, you lose the set bonuses I think but not the armor passive bonuses...or vice versa...something like that.
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well with 7 medium pieces you get more crit/weapon damage. Keep in mind your overall buffs major/minor brutality or any weapon enchants that increase while in combat. Maybe a certain gear set procs to increase your damage.
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭

Your gear will now give you all the same bonuses until it breaks. When it breaks, you lose the set bonuses I think but not the armor passive bonuses...or vice versa...something like that.

Broken gear removes the trait, so divines you lose you mundus boost, infused you lose stam or magicka, if sturdy you would lose block cost reduction.

I think it also makes the gear have less armor, but thats not super important.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »

Broken gear removes the trait, so divines you lose you mundus boost, infused you lose stam or magicka, if sturdy you would lose block cost reduction.

I think it also makes the gear have less armor, but thats not super important.

It makes it have 0 armor which can be quite a big deal but I don't remember if it removes the armor passives or the set bonuses attached to it. Definitely removes one of the two. But only when fully broken.