The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kind request for more detailed patch notes in the future - lot of undocumented changes in 3.0.5

Rinmaethodain
Rinmaethodain
✭✭✭✭✭
There are many players who decide to maintain independent item/style/motif/furniture catalogues. With each updates there might be changes consisting of new items but also affecting old items.

I'm currently looking over my own furniture catalogue and I'm already seeing a lof of changes to old furniture, mostly name changes. And it's not just 2-3 items as mentioned in patch notes 3.0.5 I counted already 10 items that had their names changed without being mentioned in 3.0.5 patch notes, as I'm reviewing catalogue item by item, one by one. So far I'm checking only names but I'm afraid that when I get to checking furniture models there might be also some undocumented changes as I'm already seeing other kind of undocumented changes (some item's intractability state changed like stools who were not sittable now can be sit on).

With what written above, it would be very much appreciated, if patch notes would reflect these changes more precisely so players who create fan catalogues have a little less work to do and they know which item exactly changed into what.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
Edited by Rinmaethodain on May 23, 2017 11:51AM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they showed the huge nerf to Stamina Warden with the removal of the 6% physical damage in the real patch notes. By hiding it, it's not getting the attention it deserves and it's going to lead to a lot of pissed off people.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. not really into the furniture crafting as much, buuut, judging by requests in the community:

Once you get done, I would bet your fellows would LOVE a list of changes, with pictures, if you have them.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    I just wish they showed the huge nerf to Stamina Warden with the removal of the 6% physical damage in the real patch notes. By hiding it, it's not getting the attention it deserves and it's going to lead to a lot of pissed off people.

Stamina Warden wasn't officially released till 3.0.5 though. So the only people hurt by it are people who played content that was subject to change and planned based on it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As has been said, the patch notes for Live are actually intended for the people who were not on PTS.

I do like it when they tell us what has changed since the last PTS patch notes, which they have done in the past, but do not consistently do. It is probably a lot of work to assemble it, and they could do stuff to better manage patch notes content and to make it easier to put the notes together and publish them.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst this was a change I don't agree with (more for useless passive rather than the nerf) as others have said this was the Warden launch version so it didn't really change for anyone but those who played PTS.
    Additionally it's had Dev information posted about the change and has a whole thread about it, it's getting attention required but at the same time it's not a nerf if it changes whilst in development.

Regarding the furniture name changes, was this racial name changes (like the style books) or entire name changes.

i.e is this just Dunmer X becoming Dark Elf X
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Whilst this was a change I don't agree with (more for useless passive rather than the nerf) as others have said this was the Warden launch version so it didn't really change for anyone but those who played PTS.
    Additionally it's had Dev information posted about the change and has a whole thread about it, it's getting attention required but at the same time it's not a nerf if it changes whilst in development.

Regarding the furniture name changes, was this racial name changes (like the style books) or entire name changes.

i.e is this just Dunmer X becoming Dark Elf X

It was entire name changes or partial name changes and other things, few examples:

Argonian Counter, Woven turned into Argonian Bar, Woven Corner
    Common Counter, Merchant turned into Cemmon Counter, Island Stall
    Dark Elf Streetpost ,Stone turned into Dark Elf Streetpost, Banners
    Redguard Bar, Counter turned into Redguard Counter, Bar Island (... and other types of bar/counters had island added to them)

There is also thing with Orcish tapestries, previously Tapestry Heroes that was of gold quality would use model of Tapestry Spear while Tapestry Spear of purple quality would use model of Tapestry Heroes. Now each of tapestries have appropriate mode but... Tapestry Heroes is now purple while Tapestry Spear is gold...

Generally these changes look like something not significant but they effectively cause commotion in databases as suddenly some items appear that were not present anywhere and other dissapear.