Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Masterful Concoction help

kenly18
kenly18
Need to make a Damage stamina poison IX with vitality,increase armor,ravage stamina.
I've looked at a lot of calculators and they Don't seem to add up right .anyone know?

Best Answer

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beetle Scuttle + Fleshfly Larva + Imp Stool
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I rely on an iOS / android app called ESO workbench for these. It has a potion builder where you choose traits. I would NOT do alchemy master writs if I didn't have this.
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    FYI, I rely on an iOS / android app called ESO workbench for these. It has a potion builder where you choose traits. I would NOT do alchemy master writs if I didn't have this.

I dont begrudge people for using these types of add-on/apps/websites... however at the same time.. it just feels cheap, as some one who has always loved making potions and poisons in TES it irks the pride a little. Again im not attacking you personally, nor judging how you play. Its just something i needed to get off my chest...

The lack of poisons was the big reason i quit after the game came out...
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    even without crafting addon alchemy is easy to craft , essence is based on lorkhan tear poison on alcahest, then you need to put reagents with correct traits and thats it, not many of them in the game, i keep mine stashed in the bank
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also find there is sometimes more than one way to make these masterful concoctions and can usually get them right first time. The only time I have trouble figuring out what to use is when I am tired or I have had a few drinks and the brain is not computing.

Once you narrow down Poison or Essence, which decides if you need Alkahest or Lorkhans tears, as they are all 3 'trait' potions, you need to just make sure at least 2 of the 3 ingredients have 1 of the 3 required effects and no 'contrary' effects. By contrary I mean that say you need drain magicka, any ingredient you use with a restore magicka trait can negate it.

So if you need traits a, b and c, ingredient 1 might have a and c, ingredient 2 might have b and c, with ingredient 3 having a and b - hence you have each trait twice among the 3 ingredients. You can have a trait 3 times but you need each at least twice for it to work.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.