Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are all recipes random (location) or are some area-specific?

ANGEL_BtVS
ANGEL_BtVS
✭✭✭✭
Picked up a master writ for a senche-tiger single malt. My main has tons of recipes but unfortunately this is one of the few I don't have. Can't find it at any traders either, which means when/if I ever do it will likely be very expensive. Not sure if I should farm for it (where?) or hope to maybe get lucky and get it as a reward from turning in provisioning writs. I've been doing max provisioning writs nearly daily for over a year but have never seen it. Ugh.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the 'Senche-tiger single malt' recipe is listed as a food recipe not a drink recipe as you would think.
    If you looking for it on guild traders try the food recipe filter.
    The recipe rewards from writs are from a fixed pool of recipes, and after getting hundreds of recipes from writs, I conclude this one is not in that pool.
    Edited by Synfaer on May 5, 2017 5:43AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drinks recipes are glitchesd in guild stores and everything currently shows up under food recipes.

Senche single malt DOES drop from writs, or from any location recipes drop if accessed by a rank 5 provisioner.

But they're rare from writs, and here's why:

Chance of purple recipe in wrong reward: about 5%

Chance it's a c150 recipe vs c160: about 15%

Chance it's a drink and not food: about 40%

= 0.3% chance (1 writ in 300) of pulling c150 purple drink recipe. There are four recipes, so the odds are something like 1 in 1200...except I think they're higher because I think the recipes are set to have different rarirites. Orcrest pale ale is far ,ore common than the others.

You can find them in guild stores, but because master writs ask for c150 items and becUse they're rare, the current price on PS4 NA is 75,000-125,000 per recipe.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    The drinks recipes are glitchesd in guild stores and everything currently shows up under food recipes.

Senche single malt DOES drop from writs, or from any location recipes drop if accessed by a rank 5 provisioner.

But they're rare from writs, and here's why:

Chance of purple recipe in wrong reward: about 5%

Chance it's a c150 recipe vs c160: about 15%

= 0.3% chance (1 writ in 300) of pulling c150 purple drink recipe. There are four recipes, so the odds are something like 1 in 1200...except I think they're higher because I think the recipes are set to have different rarirites. Orcrest pale ale is far ,ore common than the others.

You can find them in guild stores, but because master writs ask for c150 items and becUse they're rare, the current price on PS4 NA is 75,000-125,000 per recipe.

I have on one of my mules stacks of recipes from doing writs. I have EVERY recipe that drops from top level writs in multiples of 10 or over including purple recipes. This particular recipe does not drop from writs.
    Edited by Synfaer on May 9, 2017 2:52AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

There are no CP160 recipes. Foods and Drinks made with CP150 recipes scale up to CP160.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue here. Had everything on my main provisioner, but had to regrind and research everything on one character to get all the vouchers. Needing the top tier purple recipies but can't find any. The guild traders have dried up and not finding anything over 140 cp now. Drop rates are horrible and I haven't even seen a purple recipe reward for dailies in weeks. Last ones were tears of joy about 4 times in a row and that was a good two months ago. This system is a bunch of bs and a big rip off. Zos fix this please and increase the drop rates so we can at least do the stupid master writs.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on May 23, 2017 9:58AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Synfaer

I can confirm Senche Tiger Malt as a writ reward. Both i and my friend got one last week. I noted it because I thought he needed it so we discussed it. The RNG gets junky on things in this game...sometimes I wonder if specific rewards get inadvertently eliminated from the RNG drops and then have to be reset in a patch or something. Maybe not...c150 purples are still really, really rare writ rewards. My friend and I doing over a hundred provision writs per week...we see like one c150 between us per month.

@Nestor

Yes, I know the recipes are labeled c150, lol. I always say c160 because when I didn't people were confused thinking I meant c140. I wish they'd release a set of c160s. It's been over two years (whenever wrothgar dropped). It's not like the profits are bad on the 150s, but I could use something else to collect. Also, I'm sick of the disgusting slurping sound my character make when eating jugged rabbit. It's a meat dish, it should NOT sound like that, lol.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107

Your probably right. RNG's are not always random and there could be a bug/oversight in the code that does not give a equitable drop chance for items on the ends of lists (like where CP150 would most likely be).
    Edited by Synfaer on May 24, 2017 12:16PM