The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game loader says Error then can't read message dissapears then starts downloading again or repair

giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
Currently on Fourth re download attempt so far over 50gig downloading with currently 44+ gig to go.

After downloading I got REPAIR instead of play.
Selecting repair resulted in re downloading FROM SCRATCH the entire current update/patch.
After this finished downloading it did it again. Feels like a bad re do of a Britney Spears song with no singing nor music.
At NO time did the repair after completing the download attempt to verify anything it just started to re download.

I stopped the second attempt at around 5% by closing the loader, when I restarted it verified to 5% then continued to download.
I did the same at 10% and 20%. each time it verified to those points then continued to download.

Seems weird that the initial repair did not verify anything.

Tried other things including reverting to an old version of the game and allowing to update from that.

There has to be a better way.

Every time a update/patch with only two exceptions I usually have up to 20 hours of mucking around to get back into game.
This one you have achieved monumental success for stuffing up congratulations.

After this if it still fails I'll remove the game and download it from scratch.
NOT HAPPY.

By the way to assist players in the loader put in about sending a code to email, I have logged into my account on line and had the greeting Your IP has changed blah blah.
Only thing is my IP has NOT changed since the last log in, and until you get that code you can not log into the game.
Possible reason you delete customers IP's when you update, fair enough but PLEASE inform people so they don't waste time thinking the game is stuffed with error messages in the loader
due to negligent programming on your part. Which will save your support team having to figure out a basic stuff up to get people back in game faster and without needlessly contacting support.
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Subject line should be "Currently on Fourth re download attempt so far over 50gig downloaded with currently 44+ gig to go"
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    UPDATE!!! After installing finally finished from old Tam unlimited backup.
    It finally finished and wonder of wonders Play was there instead of Repair.

Was it to much to hope that the PLAY button would bring up the expected terms and conditions then log in screen.

Well NO crashed every time so far.
    I have read that the team are aware of issues so now I'll have to wait to see if the next patch will fix.

COMPENSATION for the inconvenience? Something in game would be nice please.

No that would never happen it's to much to expect any loyalty or any regards for players
    and yet they still want us to support them financially yet they show us contempt for failing to evaluate the impact on the in game content they alter or remove and the constant bugs they introduce either with the loader or patching process with no compensation..

If your going to change how xp or skills or play between PVE or PVP PLEASE do a poll of players before you stuff the game and loose more players and or financial support.

By the way I had to log into my account and get a code as my IP address supposedly changed a few times.

Also my firewall is now activating running the eso64.exe from the loader or executing it directly in a virtual environment.
    Prior to this STUFFDATE or POOPPATCH it never activated nor attempted to run in a virtual environment.

Edited by giinoz2011rwb17_ESO on May 24, 2017 3:20AM