The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Morrowwind PVP. Sharpend still king?

GreenSoup2HoT
GreenSoup2HoT
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just wanted to ask this simply question and if anyone on pts has done any testing with other Weapon traits.
PS4 NA DC
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My parse:
    http://imgur.com/Vhl90sv

For stamina builds, on DW there are 2 option, which both have very similar DPS:
    Double Sharpened or Infused Main Hand and Sharpened Off-hand.

Double Sharpened allows for more flexibility with CP.

Infused Main-hand (poison enchant) and Sharp Off-hand is something different and gives basically the same DPS. The poison glyph does about 2k+ DPS with Infused.

So those are 2 very solid options.

For any 2H weapons (2H, Staff, Bow): Sharpened.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotherSs I appreciate the information but i was more so looking for a pvp perspective. Was wondering if anyone has tried other traits then sharpend and come out with decent results. More specifically Nirnhound or Infused.

Also just trying to spark some pts conversation about pvp.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on May 21, 2017 7:26PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IzakiBrotherSs I appreciate the information but i was more so looking for a pvp perspective. Was wondering if anyone has tried other traits then sharpend and come out with decent results. More specifically Nirnhound or Infused.

Also just trying to spark some pts conversation about pvp.

I'm thinking precise for pvp. 7% bonus from the golden weapon; a switch back to medium armour and add evil hunter to have way high crit rate on the 2h bar.

Not from testing just from personal thought
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are king sharpened is nice
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Sharpened is king.

In PvE, this will become more lenient as Precise and even Infused have become more viable as traits alongside Sharpened due to the ease of stacking penetration from CPs. This all depends on your group applying/maintaining debuffs as well as your build though.

In PvP, Sharpened will always be best. By using Sharpened weapons you can cut through a ton of enemy resistance and simply do far more damage to them which exceeds that of any other trait, even against Light Armor users.

Btw..... practically everyone runs Heavy Armor in PvP because it is so strong. This alone forces you to run Sharpened to cut through that resistance as much as possible unless you purposely want to be gimped :neutral:
    Edited by Vaoh on May 21, 2017 7:43PM
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Yes, Sharpened is king.

In PvE, this will become more lenient as Precise and even Infused have become more viable as traits alongside Sharpened due to the ease of stacking penetration from CPs. This all depends on your group applying/maintaining debuffs as well as your build though.

In PvP, Sharpened will always be best. By using Sharpened weapons you can cut through a ton of enemy resistance and simply do far more damage to them which exceeds that of any other trait, even against Light Armor users.

Btw..... practically everyone runs Heavy Armor in PvP because it is so strong. This alone forces you to run Sharpened to cut through that resistance as much as possible unless you purposely want to be gimped :neutral:

If and only if the meta switches to medium armour and resistance lowers then sharpened would no longer be clear cut king; until heavy leaves though I do have to agree with you
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    No. On small scale pvp and Defending is better, especially in 1vs X. Sharpened is only better IF you can attack without taking dmg for most of the time while you're in combat. For example, if you run with the zerg, Sharpened is superior as long as you dont stay in front line with some squishy spec.

Sharp is ofc still BIS for PvE.