Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

do crouched (sneak) attack always crit?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
so crouched is the same as sneak...i googled but found conflicting info and am pretty confused

crouched attack are when you are stealthed (so flat eye)

they do bonus damage

Do they count as crit for crit releated effects? Because i read they do but then again the wording from camo hunter makes it sound like they don't?

If a crouched attack does not count as a crit (but simply does bonus damage) - do the normal crit chances apply for crouched attacks as for all others?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no they dont

the sneak attack bonus is not crit damage
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvE sneak damage is a guaranteed critical, as well as adding an additional multiplier to your crit damage bonus (the sneak bonus) and stunning the enemy for 2 seconds.

With the Morrowind update, sneak damage has no crit damage bonus against players in PvP. attacking from sneak is still a guaranteed critical though (but is now essentially useless because everyone and their mother uses impen, so it's only useful for the stun) as well as a 2 second stun.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so yes it is but no it isnt??

What i'm wondering is if i attack unseen from crouch does it proc minor berserk from camo hunter and other crit proc related perks...or do i have to additionally crit according to my normal crit chances?

Because the way camo hunter is worded makes you think crouch attacks are not guaranteed critical hits...?

"Critical hits from crouch grant Minor Berserk, increasing attack damage by 8% for 8 seconds."
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on May 21, 2017 2:10PM
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's something else confusing to me. I was choosing between Expert Hunter morphs, Evil Hunter and Camouflaged Hunter. Evil reduced the cost of Fighter Guild abilities by 25% and Camo gives a bonus damage to attacks from stealth. I researched online both. Evil apparently used to give stamina which would be nice with the upcoming changes. Camo may have been changed too but I can't find anything really about it except its a gank skill. But no idea how it is or will be affected. I went with camo mainly due to Evil only works when active and if its your only FG skill being used then it basically has no benefit. But is camo's damage not also done away with with the loss of crit from stealth?
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so a stealth attack is therefore no crit unless it crits due to normal crit chance or what?
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can solve this with two words: Shadowy Disguise

Not only does it allow nightblades to turn invisible, but for three seconds, your next attack becomes a guaranteed Critical hit.
    Edited by Skullstachio on May 22, 2017 11:11AM
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.