Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I must L2p all the. Frickin. Time. Help!

Elektrakosh
Elektrakosh
✭✭✭
I cannot seem to be able to get past verrick at all with my dragon knight. All attacks hit too hard what can I do?

I had the same problem with the werewolf at the beginning of the level only someone killed it while I was waiting around all ghost like. Died to werewolf four times verrick five times. Level four and can't get anywhere. I'm just too squishy even with a full set of heavy armour.
Edited by Elektrakosh on March 8, 2016 5:46PM
Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
EU/UK. Xbox One.
Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're level 4 and fighting Verrick that tells me that you haven't gone to the starter islands. Leave the quest in Daggerfall alone for now, and go off to follow the quest that sends you to a ship at the docks that takes you to Stros M'kai. If you don't have this quest in your journal, the quest giver for it is a Redguard woman immediately across the street from the house you woke up in after the tutorial (just past the bank I believe).

The quest will take you to the first of the 2 starter islands. You're intended to do the quests and explore on the starter islands (completing the questline on Stros M'kai will send you to the second starter island: Betnikh) before you start adventuring in Daggerfall and the rest of Glenumbra. By the time you're done with the starter islands you'll be level 6-8 (depending on how thorough you are about doing everything there is to do on the islands), you'll have more skill points, and you'll have a better handle on how to play the game and how to use your class.

Then you'll come back and kick Verrick's rear like a boss.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Alrighty, I'll try that. Thank you.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I find it to be super non-intuitive that you wake up in Daggerfall but you're actually supposed to immediately leave and do the quests on the starter islands before doing the quests in Daggerfall and the rest of Glenumbra. When I first started playing at PC launch I did the same thing you did, and hit a wall at the same place you did (I also had similar difficulty with the werewolf, and I was also using primarily heavy armour - it's almost like you're me from the past - you're not are you?). It was after giving up on that fight in frustration and deciding to do something else for a while that I went to the starter islands and then realized that you're actually supposed to do that first.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    During Beta you started on the starting island but they changed it because people felt they couldn't 'explore' properly if they were forced to do the islands. The dialogue is now really confusing though as the it assumes you were found on the starter island and put on a boat back to the mainland where you wake up and then take the boat back.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    For the record, I find it to be super non-intuitive that you wake up in Daggerfall but you're actually supposed to immediately leave and do the quests on the starter islands before doing the quests in Daggerfall and the rest of Glenumbra. When I first started playing at PC launch I did the same thing you did, and hit a wall at the same place you did (I also had similar difficulty with the werewolf, and I was also using primarily heavy armour - it's almost like you're me from the past - you're not are you?). It was after giving up on that fight in frustration and deciding to do something else for a while that I went to the starter islands and then realized that you're actually supposed to do that first.

Lol! I do feel rather daft for not spotting the gal waiting outside who tells you to go to the boatswain. Those black markers are easy to miss if you don't know what your looking for but I would have thought even at your level you would be able to have a close match in fighting rather than the total trouncing you get. Still finally did what you pointed out and glad for it.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True Elder scrolls fans would have talked to the first NPC they see ( the woman who gives you the quest to go to the island )
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »

True Elder scrolls fans would have talked to the first NPC they see ( the woman who gives you the quest to go to the island )
    True Elder Scrolls fans did, but then decided that a quest that sends you away from the area you woke up in is clearly something that should be tackled after exploring the area where you woke up.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »

True fan or not, it's understandable for a player to assume that the quest was sending you to an area that they're not quite ready for and put it off for a while. Most games are in the habit of starting you in the beginner zones and then sending you out into the world rather than doing it the other way around.

I remembered the Starter zones from playing the open beta before they decided to just plunk you down on the mainland when you escaped Coldharour. If I hadn't played during that time I likely would not have understood where the quest was sending me and made the same mistake of skipping it myself.

Frankly, while I appreciate being able to skip the whole intro if I want, I find the way in which they went about making that possible poorly done and just plain backwards. Leading to an all around jarring and an unnecessarily frustrating experience for players.
    Edited by Fruitmass on March 10, 2016 5:35PM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Bogdano
    Bogdano
    I tried the quest to save the king early after arriving at Daggerfall. I had already worked at my skills and levels at Betnich and Stros M'Kai. I was defeated.
    I tried many times with different strategies, the room is rather small so it is difficult to get out of his effective field. I finally gave up.
    I came back to it as a level 34 recently and was quickly defeated again. It is so wonderful that a programmer can design a character that kills the quest pursuer so easily.
    The computer is much faster than I am and it adjusts to my motions better than I can adjust to it's motions. In fact when I make unpredictable changes in motion, it knows exactly where I am and changes it's death strokes instantly as I change my motion. The goblin witches on the plain above Stros M'kai are a pleasant change since their fire attacks go where I was not where I currently am.
    For the record, I played for years in Local Area Network parties with real live friends and learned evasive techniques that worked for them. If you circle a player and move closer and further away, it is very difficult for them to hit you with an attack. It is not difficult for a computer NPC to hit you if the programmer wants it to.
    Anger about this is understandable. I may never finish this quest. No matter how much better my armor and my weapon and my abilities, the NPC can always be better than me. It is the realm of the NPC and its programmer after all. It is not my realm and it is not the realm of real live people. It is an imaginary realm where the laws of physics and reaction time can be violated.
    So I vote for an alternate thread where the King dies.
    The computer programmer wins and we all bow in humble human ineffectiveness to his cleverness.
    I am defeated and you're defeated too.
    Why do I say you are defeated too.? It is because you will not sell as many copies of add-ons and future game installments. People will remember their frustration and anger.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot seem to be able to get past verrick at all with my dragon knight. All attacks hit too hard what can I do?
    I have to ask a question: did you spend the 3 skill points your character has at the beginning of the game?

I'm asking because this game is giving you a massive buff right now so you can take on the enemies in the game, which are scaled at CP160.

The reality is you're stronger than that boss. Heavy hits alone should have you taking him down with relative ease, provided you're staying out of his AoE zone and you're not standing there like a tank and trying to take him down first without moving (a big mistake I see too many new tanks do).

The starter islands will assuredly help, but with the 3 basic skills for DK immediately unlocked, you shouldn't be having this much trouble with bosses in this game right now. That will change once you hit level 40 and the buffs start to wear off.

If you're brand new to the game, then you definitely want to learn how to use your spell rotations in a fight. If you're just attacking with light attacks, I can see why you'd be struggling.

The starter islands are a good tutorial opener, but remember those enemies are also CP160. You're taking them out with ease because you are boss, not them. :wink:

Be sure to practice your skill rotations between heavy/light attacks and definitely stay out of the red zone.