Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Critical Rating vs Critical %

Das_Phyllis
I'm currently trying to gauge what critical percentage I will have on a character with gear I don't yet own, and I was curious how critical rating converted into crit %. I'm CP 430.

Thanks in advance
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    688 is 3%. That's the figure that 1 tier perk will give you at gold level. So something like Hundings rage or vicious ophidan with 2x 688 weapon crit will give you 6% crit.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Das_Phyllis
    Great I appreciate it.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From my testing I found that 219 is equal to 1%. It might not be exactly that, it was hard to pin point, but I tested it for multiple days and that is what I found.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For quick comparison, just divide by 200. Will get you in the ballpark.

In much the same way, +660 physical resist (armor) or spell resist will get you 1% mitigation to the associated damage type.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For quick comparison, just divide by 200. Will get you in the ballpark.

In much the same way, +660 physical resist (armor) or spell resist will get you 1% mitigation to the associated damage type.

Its 662 per 1% mitigation from resistance

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options/p1