Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Templar healer PVE build question

Mastery404
Mastery404
✭✭
Greetings!

I have been reading a lot of builds and most of them involve having destruction and resto staff equiped. The game seems designed for having one armor set, willpower jewelry, monster shoulders + head and master/maelstrom weapons. However, most -if not all- the templar healer builds I have read don't use monster sets but two sets (spc + worm or sanctuary) in the armor and jewelry slots.

However, muy build consist on:
- Chokethorn monster set
- sanctuary armor
- jewelry and weapon + shield SPC
- random restoration staff

I don't use to draw a lot of agro in my veteran dungeon runs adventures from my fellow players and I feel like healing just fine. I plan on doing some trials sooner than later, and I wouldn't mind changing the sanctuary for the worm set, but I don't know if the lack of destruction staff would be a problem there.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well destro allows for elemental drain for more sustain for your dps lads, and elemental blockade for some sort of damage. Honestly you can make it work with your setup, as long as you have SPC going for you I would take you in as a healer. Now for veteran trials? Yeah chokethorn would be a waste and the options get closed a bit more. If you're providing the group with necessary buffs and know how to heal etc etc you can make it happen. Also I use sword and shield on my healer for vet dungeons, nice to see a different playstyle going for you. But most of the time its to make up for wannabee 'tanks' that queue through dungeon finder lol..
    The Flyers
  • ditash
    ditash
    What about the staff attack increase? Is that only for Destruction?