The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stygian (5 Piece Bonus) *NOT* applying to Overload light attacks from stealth.

chiipso
chiipso
✭✭✭
Stygian 5 piece bonus states: "increases your damage done with Magicka abilities by 20% while sneaking or invisible"

This is NOT applying to Overload light attacks from stealth. Is this a bug or working as intended?

You may say Overload light attacks "break" stealth however this is NOT the case on live, Stygian DOES currently buff Overload light attacks and pulls you out of stealth AFTER the damage has been calculated, thus buffing damage on the live server.

So yeah, is this a bug OR working correctly?!
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload isn't a magicka ability its a ultimate ability. On live the only reason it is buffed is because ultimate abilities scale off your max magicka and spell power but Stygian doesn't buff in that way anymore.

It would be like seducer reducing the cost of overload. That's just not how it works.
    Edited by SleepyTroll on May 15, 2017 4:56PM
    Options
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    Fair point @SleepyTroll

Looks like theyve made this set redundant then.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overload isn't a magicka ability its a ultimate ability. On live the only reason it is buffed is because ultimate abilities scale off your max magicka and spell power but Stygian doesn't buff in that way anymore.

It would be like seducer reducing the cost of overload. That's just not how it works.

When you use Overloand LA form stealth, arenn't you conspicuous?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    @Xvorg Yes, you are visible just after you throw the light attack, stygian buff still increases the damage though (on Live server).
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chiipso wrote: »
    @Xvorg Yes, you are visible just after you throw the light attack, stygian buff still increases the damage though (on Live server).

TBH and having xp as NB, I don't think stygian is a good set for a sorc... is not worth even for a NB

If you use it with overload you will buff only one LA.

The thing is that when you are a NB and you fire a full heavy attack from cloak, the attack takes you out of stealth. I've not calculated if the attack goes with the extra dmg increase NBs have in the Master Assasin passive, but I imagine it doesn't, so maybe the server treats that situation and the overload/stygian situation as the same.

I don't like it, but it seems that for ZoS it is working "as intended"
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    @Xvorg I've been using a Stygian/Elegant setup on a gank sorc, with a single overload from stealth hitting consistent 20k-32k depending on the target. (With following overloads hitting failry hard also)

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
    Options
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note: the recent notes contain a +15% damage buff to light attacks. This is not currently being applied to overload light attack damage. Is this working as intended?
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stygian (5 Piece Bonus) *NOT* applying to Overload light attacks from stealth

Correctly and duck your cheap-cheese build attempt.
    Options
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    @F7sus4 attm
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Stygian (5 Piece Bonus) *NOT* applying to Overload light attacks from stealth

Correctly and duck your cheap-cheese build attempt.

Attempt? It works like a charm this current patch, its fun to play. I guess you must be lactose intolerant.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shrug intolerant.
    Options