The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tip to Solo Blackheart Haven (as a DPS build)

Gamanoid
Gamanoid
✭✭✭
As you all know, the final boss in Blackheart Haven targets a random player and converts them into a skeleton.
You essentially have 15-20 seconds to get off any damage/heals before turning into a mostly useless skeleton for essentially the rest of the fight.

The trick here is to convert (using an ultimate) into a form that does not rely on conventional skills. The forms I know off the top of my head are:
1) Werewolf
2) Overload - bar

These forms make you immune to being converted into a skeleton.

If you have overload, put dark exchange, some dots (liquid lightning & pet) and maybe a shield/surge. Kite boss towards the spawning adds and apply dots. Slow and steady, always position adds with boss and watch the solo dungeon turn into ez mode.

Happy hunting

PS: Make sure you don't lose/convert from the form, otherwise the boss will convert you into a spooky scary skeleton and you'll get gibbed.
Edited by Gamanoid on May 3, 2017 3:59AM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty slick, but you accidentally turned this into a nerf sorc thread, so I can't give you an insightful
    Edited by Drummerx04 on May 4, 2017 10:21PM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Gamanoid
    Gamanoid
    ✭✭✭
    Haha fair point, though I did add werewolf as an option to hide it ;)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Great suggestion for farming Bone Pirates, with the passives two werewolves could finish this off easy.
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Just asking because I encountered very different behaviour: When I get transformed while being in overload bar (it does not make me immune to it) it semi permanently bugs out the overload bar.. I had to write a ticket and posted a bug report here as well. Friends have replicated the bug I encountered. When was the last time you tried this? ( See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/339807/pc-eu-bug-blackheart-haven-skeleton-polymorph-can-permanently-bug-the-overload-bar ) Based on my experiences I can not recommend trying this atm.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same as @Insomnia rex . Just jacks up your bar, doesn't prevent the turn.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Gamanoid
    Gamanoid
    ✭✭✭
    Just asking because I encountered very different behaviour: When I get transformed while being in overload bar (it does not make me immune to it) it semi permanently bugs out the overload bar.. I had to write a ticket and posted a bug report here as well. Friends have replicated the bug I encountered. When was the last time you tried this? ( See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/339807/pc-eu-bug-blackheart-haven-skeleton-polymorph-can-permanently-bug-the-overload-bar ) Based on my experiences I can not recommend trying this atm.
    Same as @Insomnia rex . Just jacks up your bar, doesn't prevent the turn.

That's interesting as of the time of originally posting (May 3rd) I had successfully soloed Blackheart Haven by using the overload-bar.

Just quick clarification:
    - Were you solo? If there are more people in the dungeon, perhaps it still triggers a conversion which targets a random player. It might be globally triggered in the instance so might ignore your overload.
    -- When I tested it I was solo and as long as I had overload active and not lose/switch out from it, I was not turned at all.
    - Did you at any point lose or drop out of overload? Except for the first few seconds, you should not lose overload or use the attacks that deplete it at all as that's what is stopping you from turning.

I reproduced it several times when I made the original post and did the following method:
    - Regular fight: got turned after 15-20 seconds - dead
    - Fight with dots and overload: Did not get turned as long as overload was active and full (ie. not depleted with attacks)
    - Overload fight but lose/turn-off overload partway through the fight: turned almost immediately after overload drops

Also I believe it was either the unmoprhed overload or energy overload (I had respecced my skills and forgot if I had remorphed it or not).

I do not recall my overload bar being jacked or messed up.
    Edited by Gamanoid on May 15, 2017 2:26PM
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting idea; I'll give it a shot. My plan was to try on my tank with damage based proc sets like leeching, scourge harvester, and another one... reactive, seventh legion, imperium.etc.

This sounds like a better plan if overload works... I'd have a hard time maintaining werewolf for the duration of the fight.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • zigzagzen
    zigzagzen
    ✭✭
    Wonder if reactive would treat being turned into a skele as a disabling effect...
  • zigzagzen
    zigzagzen
    ✭✭
    On a related note, using Troll King or Harvester with Leeching Plate, along with Bahraha's Curse can allow you to survive being a skeleton for quite some time. B's Curse will allow you to do some damage too, and increase the healing.

Juggernuts and Hatchling bubble can also keep you alive for a bit

• Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Gamanoid, I was not solo. I encountered this because we duo the vet pledges and for the more annoying bosses we go for double pet sorc with both overload. With energy overload morph, for better resource management.

We only encountered this bug, when we were active on the overload bar while being turned. This was new to me, thats why I was asking about when you did it solo. We used to save up to 500 for this fight, which makes it very quick and reliable with two sorcs & dots. We have never avoided being turned in any way. If you can avoid it solo that's pretty amazing tbh, because that's the thing that kept me from trying.
    Gamanoid wrote: »
    - Were you solo? If there are more people in the dungeon, perhaps it still triggers a conversion which targets a random player. It might be globally triggered in the instance so might ignore your overload.
    Valid theory. Will definitely try this boss fight solo next time the pledge pops up!

CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now that sorcs are nerfed and overload is trash, only werewolves need apply.

well done, whiners.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

well done, whiners.

If you think overload is trash you'd be wrong, horribly. it's stronger than ever. Heavys do more damage than lights and lights can be fired twice as fast WITH SKILLS, even if their damage was halved.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

well done, whiners.

If you think overload is trash you'd be wrong, horribly. it's stronger than ever. Heavys do more damage than lights and lights can be fired twice as fast WITH SKILLS, even if their damage was halved.

How much damage does a Heavy Attack do?

... you know... asking for a friend of course. haha
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on November 6, 2018 5:54PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever just light attacked while transformed in there? Its like being on overload. The Mobs just melt with one shots. At least the last time I was in there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

well done, whiners.

dunno, seems clunky as hell to me. i'll give it another shot, then.

my real *** is the loss of the overload bar = absolute trash.

btw, overload doesn't allow the bypass of mechanics in blackheart any more, which was the point of the thread and post, originally.

Edited by Lylith on November 6, 2018 11:15PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Have you ever just light attacked while transformed in there? Its like being on overload. The Mobs just melt with one shots. At least the last time I was in there.
    Not enough to survive solo, once you have been transformed, the boss will wear you down quick.
    And if you try to outrun him the fight resets.

At this point, the only way left to solo seems to be werewolf ...
    dry.gif