Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My build is not good - especially low wpn damage.

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
Look here: http://imgur.com/a/U1nDd

I have no idea how to post images in this forum

Anyway, to the point. As you can see there, My character absolutely sucks. So, my question is what am i doing wrong exactly? (Ignore the magicka point that was an accident)
I need to know what exactly affects weapon damage? and health obv. people told me about sets, now i work to get the sets suggested but i was wondering if there is anything else? And please, don't let my inefficiency at building annoy you (though i can understand why) i'm very new to this game, the damage here doesn't work like in Skyrim and it's my first ever MMO .inb4 someone says "get better" or "noob" just so you know, i'm new to this and i need every help i can get. I am enjoying this game so far though, i just need to know how to get more weapon damage. Thanks in advance.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    He does have a good looking face though. So i got that going, which is nice.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a great sword, stamina and items with weapon damage on them are going to increase your weapon damage. Also, Warrior Stone. That's about all the points in health you will want. Put a couple of purple health enchants on, shoulders and chest. The rest should be stamina enchants. Also, heavy armor for a stamina character is not ideal. You will get better damage from medium armor. Think about going 5 or 7 medium armor and maybe 2 heavy for a little health and sustain boost.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well judging by your resistances you're wearing heavy armor, which isn't a good thing if you want to be a damage dealer in PvE. Medium armor has a passive that boosts weapon damage, though at your level I'm not sure you have access to it yet. Your gear also appears to be lower than your level, that will diminish the set bonuses you have. You can use a skill (2-hander use rally, Dual wield use shrouded dagger) to give you major brutality (+20% weapon damage), but again at your level you might not have access to them yet. Using both the skills I mentioned will not give you a 40% buff because they don't stack. Generally speaking, if you plan to PvP I recommend a 2-handed weapon and for PvE I recommend dual wield weapons.

The biggest contributor to your low weapon damage is likely the lack of set bonuses. If you're on PS4/NA I can craft all craftable sets and would be willing to give you a hand.

PSN-BacKinTackWarDs
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Well judging by your resistances you're wearing heavy armor, which isn't a good thing if you want to be a damage dealer in PvE. Medium armor has a passive that boosts weapon damage, though at your level I'm not sure you have access to it yet. Your gear also appears to be lower than your level, that will diminish the set bonuses you have. You can use a skill (2-hander use rally, Dual wield use shrouded dagger) to give you major brutality (+20% weapon damage), but again at your level you might not have access to them yet. Using both the skills I mentioned will not give you a 40% buff because they don't stack. Generally speaking, if you plan to PvP I recommend a 2-handed weapon and for PvE I recommend dual wield weapons.

The biggest contributor to your low weapon damage is likely the lack of set bonuses. If you're on PS4/NA I can craft all craftable sets and would be willing to give you a hand.

PSN-BacKinTackWarDs

i'm on PC and I like getting it my own way, so thanks but it can't happen. I think that Rally is a morph for Momentum if i'm not mistaken,and i have momentum. And my gear is 35-37, i'll craft new gear until i can get 6 traits for the suggested sets i was told about. Night mother's gaze and Hunding's rage, are they any good?

And, thank you for the help.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    With a great sword, stamina and items with weapon damage on them are going to increase your weapon damage. Also, Warrior Stone. That's about all the points in health you will want. Put a couple of purple health enchants on, shoulders and chest. The rest should be stamina enchants. Also, heavy armor for a stamina character is not ideal. You will get better damage from medium armor. Think about going 5 or 7 medium armor and maybe 2 heavy for a little health and sustain boost.

Thanks, i will. and btw, do you know any good looking medium armor styles?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dueldragon wrote: »
    i'll craft new gear until i can get 6 traits for the suggested sets i was told about. Night mother's gaze and Hunding's rage, are they any good?

And, thank you for the help.

Use the Image drop down when making a post, looks like the sun over a mountain. Post the link to the pic, or just drag it onto the post from your PC.

Yes those are two great sets and coupled with 3 Agility Jewelry can be quite powerful. But in the meantime, go with Ashen Grip 3 Piece, Night's Silence 5 Piece plus what ever 3 pieces of Stamina jewelry you can grab from a dolmen. If you DW, you can use an extra Ashen or Dropped Item.

Bosmer was always my go to for Medium Armor, followed by Breton. Those motifs are cheap, like 100 gold. If you have access to Thieves, Dark Brotherhood, or Abah's Watch, those are nice too. Those motifs are expensive, 5 to 6 figures for a complete set.

http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Blake6332
    Blake6332
    ✭✭✭
    No one seems to have mentioned your race. Breton is a really bad race for a stamina dps character.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Blake6332 wrote: »
    No one seems to have mentioned your race. Breton is a really bad race for a stamina dps character.

I am well aware of that but i forgot about it until i was like level 25. No going back now i guess.

but is there a point of starting a new character now?
    Edited by dueldragon on May 3, 2017 7:29AM
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Okay, thank you all for your help. I'm starting a new character with a more fitting race, i'll go for medium armor sets, invest points in my stamina and a bit in health, and i'll try to make it more right this time.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭

I am well aware of that but i forgot about it until i was like level 25. No going back now i guess.

Is a breton DK even remotely playable? Or is it THAT bad?
  • Blake6332
    Blake6332
    ✭✭✭

Is a breton DK even remotely playable? Or is it THAT bad?

Breton DK is good as a MAGICKA build. Of course, every combo is playable. But youre HEAVILY gimping yourself. The best races for stamina builds are Redguard, Khajiit, Wood Elf Imperial, Orc, Nord. That is in order from best to worst.

Edit: yes, its worth re-rolling if you dont want to pay for a race change. Race is everything. Level 37 is so early in the game.
    Edited by Blake6332 on May 3, 2017 1:59PM
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I like my medium armor but it's pieced together, multiple different styles. Look through eso-fashion to find a set you like.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Is this better?

http://imgur.com/a/IT2NL