The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kicked to login screen with no error

• howardeb17_ESO2
    Same here. I decided to stop paying the membership until they fix it.
    Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    If people with the same or related problem could comment on here, that would be great. ZOS either does not realize that this is a real problem that's affecting many players or they want to purposely ignore it by hoping the players give up and leave the game so that ZOS can focus their resources on the upcoming DLC at the expense of paying customers. So comment here and the symptoms, I also get kicked to login screen with no error and have been getting mysteriously high pings for the last two weeks or so. Today I bought into ZOS's customer service game and for second assumed the problem was on my end so I changed ISP's and had a new router installed and the problem persists.
  • Kravinoth29
    Kravinoth29
    ✭✭
    I'm having this issue for a while (something around two months): after while playing, everything except me stops moving for a minute or two and then i'm kicked out to login screen.

Until today, I was thinking was my connection, so everytime this happened I searched (throught Windows tool) for any errors in my connection but I got nothing.

So I searched here in forums and I'm seeing this is a big issue.

This is very annoying, specially when you are in a group doing pledges/dungeons

I hope ZOS find a fix (although apparently this happens since 2015 and nothing was found until now)
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your game consultant so they can investigate this issue for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Electroheadz
    Electroheadz
    ✭✭✭
    Played all day today with no disconnections with normal ping and frame rates, until around 8pm then my ping went from 80 ish to over 250 then the frame rates dropped and disconnected several times in short succession......could it be a server issue?

July 19.2016 and I have the exact same problem as this person had almost a year ago. Since 233 weeks the game had started to work really bad. First the random boots to login screen. After a week or so the ping started to jump back and forward from 67 i normally have to 300+ and back. Today it got even worse and it's going 999+ and game just kicks me after few seconds.
    Just some automated response from support and that's it.
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Same as above, last 3 weeks have been horrendous, can't play in Cyrodil at all now, ping just wanders round all over the place. Random disconnects, ping shooting up or just sitting on 999+, warping.

Today while doing Gold, 2 of us disconnected at same time, neither of us could log back in for ages, error connecting to log in server, then both of us could. We live about 400 miles from each other and are on different ISPs.

So just before writing this logged into cryodil and joined guild group, within 5 minutes of joining, 3 disconnects, one long warping session, ping all over the place. So after awhile of this was going on, I left my group started two other mmos i play at the same time, and both were fine, ping slightly more than normal but i was on Teamspeak, EQ2, ESO and Guild Wars 2. ONLY ONE EFFECTED IS ESO!

• SandraOwen
    I have been constantly contacting you at support with this issue only you guys are not answering me when I keep trying and its got so bad you get kicked out from the game every 2 minutes the initial reply you sent just states a connectivity error? NBN all aspects satisfied you requested its doing it worse and still no assistance why are we paying you if you wont fix it and its been 4 months and has been getting worse please assist these people including me
  • Abjurist1
    Abjurist1
    Soul Shriven
    I assumed this was a problem with Frontier until I saw how many people have been having this issue, and for how long. I too keep getting kicked back to login. Sometimes it happens over and over, sometimes, just once in hours of game play, or not at all. It seems to be completely random. I'm always able to log back in immediately. So far, it's just been an annoyance, but I attribute that to blind luck.

I'd submit a ticket, but I'm unable to log in to the support portal. The Log In button is still non-functioning.
  • Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    I don't have such lag issues on Guild Wars 2. But on ESO, it's getting to the boiling point for me. Random disconnects/freezes/super lag spikes. Spiking up to 13k ping is not funny. And I doubt it's my PC and my ISP.
  • ultrao2eb17_ESO
    ultrao2eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I too keep getting kicked back to login ...

And like someone before :

I submit a ticket. ( Created 05/11/2017 07:04 PM )
    I get a copied and pasted response to the ticket. ( 05/12/2017 06:28 PM)
    I then wait for a response where they ask for another consultant report. ( 05/13/2017 09:23 PM)

Support in this game is ...

Someone knows how to solve this problem ?
    And dont give me "Welcome to ESO" xD

• Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too keep getting kicked back to login ...

And like someone before :

I submit a ticket. ( Created 05/11/2017 07:04 PM )
    I get a copied and pasted response to the ticket. ( 05/12/2017 06:28 PM)
    I then wait for a response where they ask for another consultant report. ( 05/13/2017 09:23 PM)

Support in this game is ...

Someone knows how to solve this problem ?
    And dont give me "Welcome to ESO" xD

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/339621/constantly-kicked-to-login-screen#latest #5

• JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    Me and another friend have the same issue. Disconnect every ~15min and then multiple times in a row. No error, no underlying internet problems. I just get kicked out and since this has been going on for over a week now, it's starting to seriously impact my game experience.

Please look into this. It's obviously a more widespread issue.
  • ultrao2eb17_ESO
    ultrao2eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    1. kicked back to login scr
    2. random kicks from dungeons when I start it whit party
    3. stopped playing ESO
    4. not buying morrowind

end of story, back to eve ...
  • MikeKoder
    MikeKoder
    Soul Shriven
    I too am suffering from this issue. Game is unplayable.
  • TirielsWhisper
    TirielsWhisper
    ✭✭✭
    I started suffering from this tonight. So far I have tried:

1) Resetting my modem and router
    2) Running a full repair, then deleting the host.developer files
    3) Swapping from 64 bit to 32 bit
    4) Running as Administrator
    5) Disabling all addons
    6) Being in a party
    7) Being out of a party
    8) Whitelisting both 32bit and 64bit ESO clients, as well as the launcher in my Windows Firewall

Nothing is working. I don't disconnect from anything else, just ESO. I am at my wit's end.

Edited to Add: I have now also forwarded all the ports as described in the Support article. No dice.
    Edited by TirielsWhisper on May 21, 2017 4:40AM
  • Rogue78
    Rogue78
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, on PTS and on live.
    Omnia Vincit
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Pharsc_ESO
    Same here. kicked to logon screen when zoning.
  • patrickpetrarco_ESO
    Same thing here.
  • Cyndairin
    Cyndairin
    ✭✭
    I went to the Account page https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ put in my user ID and Password and clicked the Sign In and the Page refreshed , with no errors . I have used IE and Firefox and had the same issue, I reset my Modem I turned off anti virus and firewalls and even used another computer, with the same result, the Account Sign In Page just refreshes .
    I can't access my account page, I can't buy crown's , I can't buy Morrowind , I can't extend my subscription.
    The only thing I have done recently was to Download and play on the PTS Morrowind , when I received an invite to play the closed beta test . Since that was closed and a couple patches I haven't been able to access the Account Page https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ from Canada .
    I have 2 accounts and have sent in tickets without any response.
    What's going on ? please fix this issue, thanks .

PS, from the ESO Launcher client, account tab, with Firefox as the default browser takes me to this page
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ag?redirect_to=https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/login
    I can't get pass the PLEASE ENTER YOUR DATE OF BIRTH page . I enter a birthdate, click the submit and the page refreshes back to the
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ag?redirect_to=https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/login
    web page.
    Edited by Cyndairin on May 27, 2017 10:56PM
  • Shorty1861
    I have had this happen to me a couple of times when in Cyrodiil. One occurrence was extremely strange. There was a very large battle going on around Blue Road Keep. Right in the middle of the battle I was kicked out to the login screen.

I tried to log back in and got a message saying I was already logged in.

So, I closed the game completely and then logged back in. My character showed up dead in Stros M'Kai. I must have died in the battle around Blue Road Keep when I got kicked out to the login screen. I had been in Stros M'Kai last before going to Cyrodiil. I tried to resurrect but the game would only show the map of Cyrodiil when I tried to do this. Being in Stros M'Kai I could not resurrect in Cyrodiil.

So, I shut down the game again, and logged back in. This time I showed back up in Cyrodiil alive. Just very strange.
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    //update on my end:
    Disabling IPv6 works
    The issue has not retuned for over a week! Try this before messing with the game files/installation/your PC
  • SWEtree
    SWEtree
    Last week was ok. But yesterday it went worse and today its unplayable. Im lucky if i can stay online 5 minutes.
    Anyone else had it worse today? (2017-06-04)
    Edited by SWEtree on June 4, 2017 3:02PM
    Balance ftw
  • Zanzei
    Zanzei
    Soul Shriven
    About 5-6 hours ago my connection is fine, game plays smoothly. Now I get random freezes (20k+ ping probably) all the time.
  • Maleklum
    Maleklum
    Soul Shriven
    I just bought Morrowind yesterday after a pause and i can't stay logged for more than 5-10 minutes top, i see unrespponsive npc's and objects and then after like 20 seconds im back at the login screen with no error
    I'm from Italy on the EU megaserver, telecom italia isp

EDIT: disabling IPv6 didn't work for me
    Edited by Maleklum on June 11, 2017 11:12AM
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my old thread is actually linked above, I thought I would mention I've been encountering this problem again and my previous solution does NOT seem to be working. Disabling IPV6 nor deleting the Shadercache.cooked file has had any impact on my lags and disconnects this time.

At this point I've concluded it is merely a server load issue, as (for me) the problem only occurs during otherwise peak hours and usually in proximity to player surges like the Anniversary event (the time of my last post) and of course Morrowind's official launch. No other internet services, including other MMOs, are effected.
  • Basshark7
    Basshark7
    Soul Shriven

I just bought Morrowind yesterday after a pause and i can't stay logged for more than 5-10 minutes top, i see unrespponsive npc's and objects and then after like 20 seconds im back at the login screen with no error
    I'm from Italy on the EU megaserver, telecom italia isp

EDIT: disabling IPv6 didn't work for me
    Edited by Maleklum on June 11, 2017 7:12AM

I had this problem when the Morrowind patch was first released, played perfectly on PTS, my system hasn't changed since then, now I can't log in to the game at all just says log in timeout if it gives me an error message at all, with the exception that I never saw unresponsive NPCs or players (also NA server) I was just booted out to log in, results are the same for 64 and 32 bit clients. No other games I play have this issue, also can't submit a ticket in the support forum since the page never loads.
  • NerevarTelvanni
    Got the same problem as well. Only seemed to show its ugly head right after the official launch of Morrowind.

IPV6 was already disabled on my modem (just bought this sucker over the weekend 6.10.17) when I went to check it. (Not like that seems to fix the problem now.)

Never had this problem before Morrowind launched. I could stand right in the center of the mob of players during any holiday/anniversary event, any launch of new zones/dlc and only really suffer from FPS drops.
    ╔═════════════════════════════════╗
    Forged by war the Ebonheart rose
    And drove the Akaviri back to the sea
    When the enemy begged for the mercy they lacked
    Three voices as one shouted "Blood for the Pact!"
    Forged by war, our story be told
    No shackles can hold us
    Whether moonstone or gold.
    ╚═════════════════════════════════╝
  • EDare73
    EDare73
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here I cant seem to play the game with out it just login out to login screen, Only been playing ESO since the Morrowind Launched
  • Snogards
    Snogards
    ✭✭
    Same issues with me as well. Started about 3 months ago. Random DC to login with no errors, or my faverite get all the way to requesting character load and then BAM can not connect to server at this time. Please try again in a few minutes. Rinse repeat, rinse repeat, play for 5-10 minutes DC to log in screen. Ive tried every fix I could find, but nothing is permanent. I have no faith in tech support because its been going on to long for too many people.