Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Should I Farm BSW? What's best for magsorc dps?

BladedMantis
Hi, I made a nightblade which I don't log anymore, moved to magplar (die in seconds).

So decided to make magsorc. What gear would be best for dps and good sustain, not sure if necropotence would be good? Julianos ? Tbs?

Would really appreciate some help. I'm CP 500. Just want a worthy charachter so I can do trials and Vma

Also taking into consideration the nerfs on BSW is it still viable for my templar? Morrowwind around the corner....
Edited by BladedMantis on May 12, 2017 8:20PM

Best Answer

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BladedMantis
    Right now, if you can run a pet Necropotence is BiS. We'll have to see if they over-nerf the Scamp, making pets no longer viable for serious end game dps. If they leave them pretty strong it will likely stay BiS. Otherwise the field is fairly even between Julianos, BSW, Scathing. TBS is more versatile and has bonuses to health and stam, but is in a slightly lower tier dps-wise now.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moved to magplar (die in seconds).

Wait........what?

If you can't keep a Magplar Alive, you have to be doing something wrong. Between your main attack healing you and Breath of Life, PvE can't kill a Magplar unless you run out of resources.

I am running BSW in combo with Silks of the Sun on a Mag DK and not running it on my Sorcerer. My sorcerer does far more DPS than the DK. My other MagDK does not run BSW, or Silks for that matter, and does just as good. I have yet to see what all the BSW Fuss is about myself.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    moved to magplar (die in seconds).

Wait........what?

If you can't keep a Magplar Alive, you have to be doing something wrong. Between your main attack healing you and Breath of Life, PvE can't kill a Magplar unless you run out of resources.

I am running BSW in combo with Silks of the Sun on a Mag DK and not running it on my Sorcerer. My sorcerer does far more DPS than the DK. My other MagDK does not run BSW, or Silks for that matter, and does just as good. I have yet to see what all the BSW Fuss is about myself.

I'm loving BSW on my magplar, I use it with Julianos and Grothdar. Self-buffed I get about 4k spell damage with a weapon damage enchant proc, to go along with 42k magicka and over 65% crit.

Edit: It's looking likely this set-up will not be sustainable in the Morrowind patch because of dual wielding swords.
    Edited by Danksta on May 12, 2017 9:49PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA