The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMSA Loot

NotPhobia
NotPhobia
✭✭✭
So I have done over 300 vMSA runs and have not got my sharpened inferno... but that's just a start. I HAVE NOT GOT 1 SHARPENED WEAPON IN 27 runs. I'm convinced some people like me have glitched accounts or something . I would trade 100 of my restos/bows for 1 SHARPENED INFERNO STAFF.
  • VonSwaego
    VonSwaego
    ✭✭✭
    I've done about that many runs also. So far I have two ice staffs( nirnhoned and powered) and one lightning staff (decisive). I've never even seen a fire destro. Not one. I do however have every stamina weapon you could want. And about 50 sets of sword and shield. I main a sorc. Why even punish myself by playing it. It's just not fun.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're in the same boat with most other folks that run vma... we've all made a post about it... and its been ignored.

I have a majority of the items i wanted to get from there after about 100 runs... but still need a sharpened 2-hander and two sharpened dual wield weapons.

Will i ever get them?.... who knows....

But my secret to enjoying the game lately is only running it once or twice a week now... instead of every day like i used to.
    I do a run with my DK and a run with my templar.... get 500k scores with both and you stay on the leaderboards. (4 weapons a week this way)
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you clearly havent been making sacrafices in the name of RNGeebus!
  • Invoky
    Invoky
    RNG is the best way that ZOS came up to keep players busy.

Think about it, with all the nerf on classes/gears, ZOS still won't allow us to re-trait our gears. They want us to farm new set of gears after each nerf. The worse the RNG for us, the better for them.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update on this post, I got my sharpened inferno staff last night. I'd say it was around 100 to 120 clears.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry Rich doesn't have the staff either (as per his Morrowind interview).

Even Devs suffer these issues.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Don't worry Rich doesn't have the staff either (as per his Morrowind interview).

That's reassuring after the morrowind patch changes.... it shows they play this game A LOT *sarcasm*
    CP690
    PS4 - DC

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's reassuring after the morrowind patch changes.... it shows they play this game A LOT *sarcasm*
    Yeah, playing a lot guarantees a sharpened inferno maelstrom staff after all.

OP here has theirs after 300 runs as they've said in their... oh... oh yeah playing A LOT doesn't guarantee one does it... :smirk:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, playing a lot guarantees a sharpened inferno maelstrom staff after all.

OP here has theirs after 300 runs as they've said in their... oh... oh yeah playing A LOT doesn't guarantee one does it... :smirk:

Easy there chief... don't take what i said literally.
    Ha i meant they are out of touch with the player base... it wasn't about getting an item specifically from vma after putting in a lot of time. (i'm also in that same boat with vma... unfortunately i know all too well)

I meant that they don't seem to understand (or care) about what the players find fun and interesting
    - vMA loot system is widely disliked - there have been steady posts about it since wrothgar released
    - morrowind changes are widely disliked - even some of the most hardcore advocates and streamers are unhappy
    - Every dlc since wrothgar has offered very little value - IC, TG, DB, HS
    Edited by jakeedmundson on May 11, 2017 1:20PM
    CP690
    PS4 - DC

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha get gud.
    about 50 runs = 2 inferno sharp, 1 lightning sharp, 1 ice sharp, (1 ice charged huhuhu). Only precise bow, nirn and price two hand sword and only 2 precise daggers, everything else is a s&b filler or a resto staff (my most dropped item with).

You need to invest some points in to Luck
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotPhobia wrote: »
    So I have done over 300 vMSA runs and have not got my sharpened inferno... but that's just a start. I HAVE NOT GOT 1 SHARPENED WEAPON IN 27 runs. I'm convinced some people like me have glitched accounts or something . I would trade 100 of my restos/bows for 1 SHARPENED INFERNO STAFF.

Someone has the numbers on here, I'm sure it's about 8.3% chance at a staff, then it's however many trait options there are (powered, charged, precise, sharpened (Is there more?)) so a ~25% chance inside of that 8.3% (I don't know the exact chances)
    I meant that they don't seem to understand (or care) about what the players find fun and interesting
    - vMA loot system is widely disliked - there have been steady posts about it since wrothgar released

The MSA loot system is disliked by the 'Wham bam, thank you mam' players who are just trying to score a BiS weapon - 99% of the people who say this will never go into MSA again once they have it.
    If you don't find the content fun and or interesting, don't do it.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    NotPhobia wrote: »

Someone has the numbers on here, I'm sure it's about 8.3% chance at a staff, then it's however many trait options there are (powered, charged, precise, sharpened (Is there more?)) so a ~25% chance inside of that 8.3% (I don't know the exact chances)

The MSA loot system is disliked by the 'Wham bam, thank you mam' players who are just trying to score a BiS weapon - 99% of the people who say this will never go into MSA again once they have it.
    If you don't find the content fun and or interesting, don't do it.

So you go back into the starter area public dungeons for fun then? Cus you ENJOY that content so much?
    Of course it's about the item or the reward or just the completion/achievements... No one wants to do the same thing 300 times.

i have 100 runs in vma... flawless many times over and consistently on the leaderboards with 3 classes.

I have 3 sharpened lightning staves
    1 sharpened inferno
    3 sharpened daggers
    4 sharpened bows
    many S&Bs
    many Restos
    many other bows
    many dual wield pieces

I STILL think they should adjust the reward system. No one is asking for "give it to me after 1 run". At least i'm not...
    Just change it so you don't need to run it hundreds of times to get a weapon. Thats all.
    CP690
    PS4 - DC

• HarlotsLoki
    HarlotsLoki
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling the pain too. Did a few runs today;

Maelstrom Inferno - Powered
    Maelstrom Mace and Shield - Charged and Reinforced
    Maelstrom Restro - Sharpened
    Maelstrom Restro - Defending
    Maelstrom Axe - Nirnhoned
    Maelstrom Inferno - Nirnhoned

I've done about 50 runs so far, haven't seen a single dagger and have one defending bow to show for it. The grind is never ending.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you go back into the starter area public dungeons for fun then? Cus you ENJOY that content so much?

It's completely different content but no I don't, regardless of the gear that drops because they're not fun to me.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)