Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ZOS, Please Share These Numbers.

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rianai : No, it doesn't work this way... I am listed in the templar + alliance- list, too. So are templars with less AP then I have.

I am not one of the 100 top players of my alliance. I don't have time to play every day ... or even every weekend.

So, no the lists are not one-and-the-same.
    Edited by Elsterchen on May 1, 2017 4:28PM
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    This type of info will not be released. Unless they are being really generous which even if they are, they probably still won't release it.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    @Rianai : No, it doesn't work this way... I am listed in the templar + alliance- list, too. So are templars with less AP then I have.

I am not one of the 100 top players of my alliance. I don't have time to play every day ... or even every weekend.

So, no the lists are not one-and-the-same.

Even if you are not one of the top 100 players, you are one of the top 100 templars. Just check the other classes' numbers, i bet they are all way below 100 too. Add them together and you would get arround 100 - 150 players in your alliance. Imagine that would be the total population ...
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Why ?

Why not?

Hehe the perfect response.

It doesnt matter. Even if they wasted their time to give the info, it would just trigger another flame thread. Because any answer would not be good enough.
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on May 1, 2017 5:26PM
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be interesting if they did something similar to what Bioware did with Mass Effect 3's multiplayer figures.

This (i put it in a spoiler tag b/c the image is somewhat large)
    ME3MP_Telemetry_201209.jpg
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does it matter?

Stop creating these pointless threads

Before deciding to take the time to deliver an answer to your question, I need assurance that you aren't trolling. So, if you would like for me to answer your question, then please tell me why posting the numbers of most, if not all, of the items listed in the original post doesn't matter.

If you construct an effective argument about why it doesn't matter, then I would be happy to tell you about why it does matter.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    Would be interesting if they did something similar to what Bioware did with Mass Effect 3's multiplayer figures.

This (i put it in a spoiler tag b/c the image is somewhat large)
    ME3MP_Telemetry_201209.jpg

Agreed. They could make a nice looking graphic with some marketable numbers and post it all over the place to show how many people have played ESO, etc.

Then they could post the more detailed numbers here on the forums. What do you say, ZOS?
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would hurt ZOS at all to share these numbers and I for one would like to see them. I would also like to see real time numbers of who is in your Cyrodiil campaign (1 bar / 2 bar /3 bar full is not a really good indicator for actual population).... numbers ZOS... we need numbers!!!
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    Why?

So people can say "I told you so!" or use it as the basis for a complaint.

"Get off my lawn!"
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    I know 0.12 have achieved Emporer.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    I don't think it would hurt ZOS at all to share these numbers and I for one would like to see them. I would also like to see real time numbers of who is in your Cyrodiil campaign (1 bar / 2 bar /3 bar full is not a really good indicator for actual population).... numbers ZOS... we need numbers!!!

This is a great point. Sometimes my alliance has 3 bars compared to other alliances which have 1 and I'll enter only to find that my alliance owns nothing, which makes me feel suspicious about these 3 bar graphics.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great point. Sometimes my alliance has 3 bars compared to other alliances which have 1 and I'll enter only to find that my alliance owns nothing, which makes me feel suspicious about these 3 bar graphics.

IC?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IC?

Ah, that didn't even occur to me. Next time I'll head to IC and see what's up. If my alliance owns everything in IC then that would probably be the safest time to farm.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

Because it's interesting to know?

Not an MMO, but remember when Bioware put out all those statistics graphs about the Mass Effect series? It was definitely interesting to find out that, even with how much people on the Internet gushed about FemShep/Jennifer Hale.... only 20% of players had played FemShep. And there were lots of other interesting tidbits.

But yeah - MMO companies don't tend to release collated statistics like that. Unfortunately.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldn't guess them if you tried.

I realize a part of you just honestly wants to know but bail is bait and backwards arguing is so 80's
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why?

Not an MMO, but remember when Bioware put out all those statistics graphs about the Mass Effect series? It was definitely interesting to find out that, even with how much people on the Internet gushed about FemShep/Jennifer Hale.... only 20% of players had played FemShep. And there were lots of other interesting tidbits.

But yeah - MMO companies don't tend to release collated statistics like that. Unfortunately.

That Mass Effect example highlights one of the reasons why I would like ZOS to share some of these numbers. The loudest people get heard when there is a "problem" with the game, but numerically speaking those problems might be overblown by the community.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

That Mass Effect example highlights one of the reasons why I would like ZOS to share some of these numbers. The loudest people get heard when there is a "problem" with the game, but numerically speaking those problems might be overblown by the community.

I would really like to know how much this happens, too. However, I think that the "shock" might drive people away.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why?

I would really like to know how much this happens, too. However, I think that the "shock" might drive people away.

It might lend more credibility to ZOS. Imagine if they released the numbers and said, "We make informed decisions based on data. We listen to the community and weigh their input, but the core of our balancing is done through statistical analysis."

That would undoubtedly gain support instead of driving people away - at leas that's what I think.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

It might lend more credibility to ZOS. Imagine if they released the numbers and said, "We make informed decisions based on data. We listen to the community and weigh their input, but the core of our balancing is done through statistical analysis."

That would undoubtedly gain support instead of driving people away - at leas that's what I think.

I like to agree.
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

Last year when they released the numbers of how many people wore each type of armor in pvp, people just accused them of lying, so I imagine they would the same if these numbers were released.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skayaq wrote: »
    Why?

Last year when they released the numbers of how many people wore each type of armor in pvp, people just accused them of lying, so I imagine they would the same if these numbers were released.

I think more players would be receptive and appreciative of hard data from ZOS than would accuse them of lying.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skayaq wrote: »
    Why?

I think more players would be receptive and appreciative of hard data from ZOS than would accuse them of lying.

Perhaps, but the people who are critical will be the loudest. Those who are on the fence will follow the noisiest group.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus