The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dear ZOS, Please Share These Numbers.

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
- Class splits (Percentages of characters who are Dragonknights, Nightblades, Sorcerers, Templars).
- Top 20 most used 5-piece sets.
- Top 10 most used monster helm sets.
- Least slotted class ability for each class.
- Weapon splits usage (Percentages of equipped weapons: Bow, 2H, Dual Wield, OH and Shield, Destro, Resto)
- Percentage of your player base who have completed Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
- Percentage of your player base who have completed Veteran Dragonstar Arena.
- Percentage of your player base who have completed a Veteran Trial.
- Percentage of your player base who have reached CP600.
- Percentage of CP600 characters who currently have more than 75% of their attribute points placed into one stat.
- Percentage of CP600 characters who are currently wearing a crafted set.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never going to happen. You know that right?
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    Very much agreed, but I doubt they would release the info, as it might influence certain decision making of new players e.g. so many Nightblades so I'll try NB too or everyone's using heavy armor on DK so I'll follow the meta, etc...

In such sense, given that those statistics show the current meta i.e. (reality), many players might realize that (if such info is available) & simply follow certain playstyles which otherwise they wouldn't (if they didn't have such info available)

• Caine_Carver
    Caine_Carver
    Soul Shriven
    To a certain extent those players who look for outside guidance for class and build choice are already being pushed into meta builds by the player videos and websites. The Only difference with the release of these numbers is those players might take the lead from the ZOS metrics versus the fanboy suggestions. Either way, they just funnel into more cookie cutter builds. And Zos is not going to give us those metrics since they seem to prefer keeping the players in the dark as much as possible on everything.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to imagine that the percentage of players completing end game content on consoles is much lower than PC simply because communication is so much more difficult. It amazes me how many people don't use voice chat and the typing system on PS4 is horrible without a keyboard.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If extracting information from ESO is anything like extracting it from the databases I've used in my various jobs getting this info out and decently formatted for posting (yes even as a plain text list) would be a couple of hours work at least.

Personally I'd prefer their staff to spend their time actually working on the game rather than reporting whatever arbitrary statistics players can think to ask for.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If extracting information from ESO is anything like extracting it from the databases I've used in my various jobs getting this info out and decently formatted for posting (yes even as a plain text list) would be a couple of hours work at least.

Personally I'd prefer their staff to spend their time actually working on the game rather than reporting whatever arbitrary statistics players can think to ask for.

Assuming ZOS uses statistics for balance and changes, I would imagine most of the data for the questions I asked are used in balancing or are readily available - as most of the questions are general enough. Maybe a community manager wouldn't mind typing already available or easy enough data to acquire.

It's not like I'm asking how many Dragonknights use Igneous Weapons on a Tuesday between 3:42 p.m. and 4:42 p.m. with an enemy within 20 meters of them while the Bruma daily quest Capstone Caps is active.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since ZOS will never answer, let me take my swags at a few of these...

- Class splits (Percentages of characters who are Dragonknights, Nightblades, Sorcerers, Templars).
    roughly equal, with a bias towards Sorcerer and away from Templar

around 5%

1-5%

5-10%

around 10%

Edit: increased the Veteran Dragonstar Arena guess, clarified "roughly equal"
    Edit 2: I tried to guess high
    Edited by Elsonso on April 30, 2017 9:07PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

around 5%

1-5%

5-10%

around 10%

I would be surprised to if the number for Maelstrom Arena is as high as 5%, only because I think ZOS views their player base as anyone who has ever created a character (in other words, anyone who has ever gotten past the character creation screen).
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ?
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Why ?

Why not?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not what OP asks for but still relevant, I've seen a person who keeps track of ESO Leaderboards for weekly trials and writes down which classes appear there and how often.

In last two months since homestead release, its been like 1600+ DKs, 1600+ Sorcs, 1400+ Templars, and ... 500 NBs.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

around 5%

1-5%

5-10%

around 10%

I'm pretty sure those numbers have to be divided by 10 at least... Maybe if we count accounts not characters, excluding accounts without veteran characters and people who didn't log in more than a year. Still my bet would be less than those figures.

Also I'd bet on vMA > vTrials, only because there are more solo players than people living in raid-capable guilds.
    Edited by SickDuck on May 1, 2017 12:16PM
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

around 5%

1-5%

5-10%

around 10%

I would be surprised to if the number for Maelstrom Arena is as high as 5%, only because I think ZOS views their player base as anyone who has ever created a character (in other words, anyone who has ever gotten past the character creation screen).

The main reason I put Maelstrom that high is that I figure that a third to half of the players actually have a CP to spend, and this is solo content. Unlike DSA and trials, this can be done alone. My feeling is that less than half of the players are even aware that there is a group finder tool, and that more than half of those that do are not using it. That makes veteran Maelstrom the only end-game content they are likely to be doing.

But yeah, I did intend to shoot for high in my numbers, so whenever I had a doubt, I used the larger. I originally had VDSA and VMA at 0.5% and basically multiplied by 10 to account for time.

The definition of "player base" is also an interesting one. It needs to be the active player base for some of these numbers. It needs to be a larger sample for others.
    Not what OP asks for but still relevant, I've seen a person who keeps track of ESO Leaderboards for weekly trials and writes down which classes appear there and how often.

In last two months since homestead release, its been like 1600+ DKs, 1600+ Sorcs, 1400+ Templars, and ... 500 NBs.

I don't think that Leaderboards are anywhere even close to representing the overall population. I think they are balanced just because the bulk of players pick classes based on what they see in character generation. The words "knight", and "sorcerer" are going to gain attention, and "nightblade" just sounds good. Templar sounds like some dusty guy guarding a library. Gandalf and Potter will drive certain people to Sorcerer. If the new player fights the stereotype, the choice will be random. That is why I think balanced, with Sorcerer higher and Templar lower.

This disagrees slightly with the ESO Database people.
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is interesting. I went and looked at the achievements for vMA, VDSA and the vet trials. Among the people who uses the add-on, ~6% have completed vDSA, ~5% have completed vMA, the Craglorn trials is about 3% each, and vMoL is ~0.5%.
    If I were to take a guess, the numbers for the total population is probably slightly lower, as more casual players are less likely to use a site like that.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does it matter?

Stop creating these pointless threads
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does it matter?

Stop creating these pointless threads

I would rather like you to take your own "advice".

It matters because some arguments are out there, that from my viewpoint do not make sense at all i.e.: The claim that PVP is to blame for the nerfs.

My alliance population in total is ~ 1,5k players (trueflame, PC, EU). In my alliance there are 33 players that play a templar.
    Hence 2.2 % ... which clearly indicates templars are not even present in the expected numbers (25%). Something must be wrong, because if templars are sooooo OP in PVP - why isn't anyone (exept for 33 ppl) playing them?

Now take this thought a step further, some ppl claim that templar changes are just because of PVP. Objectively I just have to disagree, based on the numbers I can actively get my hands on ingame. Can I jump into forums and tell everyone to go stfu because of these numbers? No, because I don't know ALL the other factors of the picture: I don't know if, by chance my alliance just despises templars more then other alliances, or maybe they are strongly overrepresented in the other two alliances. Adding to it, the majority of these 33 templars fare quite well in PVP ... so maybe they ARE indeed to strong? Well, maybe they are just active and play in guilds dedicated to PVP?

Unless we get numbers to dig into such matters we won't be able to find out, creating 3 undesirable situations:
    1) Jump into conclusions because of "false facts" , hence not beeing able to actively support ZOS by giving thoughtfull feedback.
    2) Jump onto each others throat (like with the above mentioned claim that nerfs are just because of PVP crew) because of "false facts", hence poisioning the community AND not beeing able to actively support ZOS by giving thoughtfull feedback.
    3) Jump onto ZOS's throat for ingame changes that have the desired effect and that cannot be understood by the playerbase, because of "false facts" and assumtions thereof, hence not wanting to actively support ZOS by giving thoughtfull feedback because of a sense of loss and betrayal.

Forums discussions and playerfeedback could be so much more productive and really inspiring if ZOS would allow their playerbase to use their swarm intelligence and the tools to communicate in a sofisticated, factbased manner.

Well, that's what I think.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich just tweeted that the top CP earner in ESO has 2765 CP.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Zos is not going to give us those metrics since they seem to prefer keeping the players in the dark as much as possible on everything.

I am glad I am not the only one that feels that this method of PR is horrible.

Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

My alliance population in total is ~ 1,5k players (trueflame, PC, EU). In my alliance there are 33 players that play a templar.
    Hence 2.2 % ... which clearly indicates templars are not even present in the expected numbers (25%). Something must be wrong, because if templars are sooooo OP in PVP - why isn't anyone (exept for 33 ppl) playing them?

Do you really know every single one of those 1,5k players and the class they play, or where do you get those numbers from?
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

around 5%

1-5%

5-10%

around 10%

i believe its .01% or .1% of players on xbox Na and Eu based on the xbox achievment statistics if we're talking everyone who started the game, thats as low as our xbox stats show so its probably lower

Edit: corrected information
    Edited by zuto40 on May 1, 2017 3:30PM
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

around 5%

1-5%

5-10%

around 10%

i believe its .01% of players on xbox na based on the xbox achievment statistics if we're talking everyone who started the game, thats as low as our xbox stats show so its probably lower

Exactly the same on Ps4=0.1% IT is...astonishing.
    The Flyers
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always said dev blogs with numbers and graphs would be fun.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What other MMOs share this level of detail?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To a certain extent those players who look for outside guidance for class and build choice are already being pushed into meta builds by the player videos and websites. The Only difference with the release of these numbers is those players might take the lead from the ZOS metrics versus the fanboy suggestions. Either way, they just funnel into more cookie cutter builds. And Zos is not going to give us those metrics since they seem to prefer keeping the players in the dark as much as possible on everything.

I disagree about the reasoning. Seems to be a stretch since I've not seen MMOs commonly releasing such information.

Regardless, what is the point of most of the requested data?

Percentage of characters who are in each class. We'd find out there are a lot in each class and the numbers are meaningless since it counts mules, dedicated crafters and anything else just sitting around. We can see what classes re top raiders from the leaderboards.

Top gear sets, it's going to count all those miles and whatever along with characters not used for anything serious. I have a character in TBS because I haven't played it since TBS was effectively needed via the WH nerf. It skews the data. Many players wear whatever they think is good.

How many players have cleared vMA. Do we want to see if we are top 1% or top 10%? Not much reason otherwise since it will only show the content was created with appropriate difficultly.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Elsterchen wrote: »

Do you really know every single one of those 1,5k players and the class they play, or where do you get those numbers from?

My leaderboard list... I just recently joined in the currently open campaign (this is how I got overall alliance population - it could be more now and I could have checked overall population as well, but i didn't).

How to get the numbers: While in cyrodiil check your journal and go to "leaderboards" (right button) ... you will see your overall level (having joined just now you will be lowest rank with 0 AP earned in the current campaign). You can check your level against the level of players in your alliance (again just having joined and 0 AP you are the lowest rank). Evenso there is the possibility to check for "ovall" and "classes", in the drop down menue: the numbers do not change when choosing this option (whatever you looked at before will just remain), so I really am not able to find out about the overall population of templars. However it is possible to check "alliance" and "templars" (if you are a templar you do get the correct ranking list, but it only works for your own class). The ranks will only show the top 100 players by name... and for my class and my alliance this ranking ends at 33 entries. (and since I did play a bit over the weekend I am not # 33 ^^)

Happy I was able to help :smile:

Edited by Elsterchen on May 1, 2017 4:05PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The leaderboard shows only top 100 for each class, it doesn't tell you anything about the total population of a class. 33 templars in your aliance just says that 1/3 of top 100 templars play in your alliance (which isn't surprising, considering there are 3 alliances), not that there are only 33 templars in total.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    The leaderboard shows only top 100 for each class, it doesn't tell you anything about the total population of a class. 33 templars in your aliance just says that 1/3 of top 100 templars play in your alliance (which isn't surprising, considering there are 3 alliances), not that there are only 33 templars in total.

I edit my post for clearity, please read again: Choose both filter options: alliance and your own class.

If there are more then 100 players listed and/ or your own rank is above 100, there are many others around. This isn't the case in my alliance and class... the list ends at 33. So, yes, thats it... 33 templars in my alliance. I was complaining about the low number before already, which is why i check them at all.

I can't upload a screenie: will be quite pointless if I may not show names of players, right ?

Just use the filter options.
    Edited by Elsterchen on May 1, 2017 4:14PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the list ends at 33 becase it doesn't shows players below rank 100 for each class, even if you filter by alliance. No alliance and no class will show more than 100. Most will be arround 25-40.
    Edited by Rianai on May 1, 2017 4:21PM