The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What kind of combat or spell is this?

Nord_Templar
Nord_Templar
✭✭✭
I often come across a situation where a monster uses a special spell. It looks like a dark sphere around a monster, with a diameter of about 8 meters, which arises with the sound of a crackling glass.
The battle script is deployed in the following order. The monster approaches you and starts a close fight. After that, he reads this spell. When you are inside this sphere, you slow down and begin to lose health.
This is very bad, because a monster usually has a two-handed sword, by which he starts just chopping you to pieces. I try to leave this place right away, so as not to be killed quickly. I make a leap to the side, a maneuver, but it takes a lot of Stamina. Then the monster beats (a heavy attack), and my Stamina ends completely. In the end, you just have to run from it.
That is, the battle is so formed that you should just run from the monster, around the circle inside the loaction, while you are recovering Stamina. In this case, the Monster screams offensive words - like "you're a weakling." In real combat, you need to be a very serious fighter to defeat such a Boss alone.
The question is what kind of spell is this, and why can not the players themselves use it? I played all 4 Classes, and I know the fighting techniques of each of them. But this spell does not exist, not one of them.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm, I'm not entirely sure what skill / enemy you are talking about, do you have a screenshot of it? From your discription it sounds like you are talking about battlemages and their negates. This skill would be similar to the sorcerer ultimate "Supression Field" with the slight difference that battlemage npcs usually cast an additional ice damage area inside their own negate.

In general, moving out of the negate as fast as possible and blocking that heavy attack is a good choice. But from my experience you should have enough stamina to do that even if you are only focussed on magicka as long as you engage combat with full resources and don't waste any stamina on blocking attacks that don't need to be blocked.
    Depending on your class, you could also try to stun / root the enemy in the correct moment, so he can't reach you with his heavy attack.
  • Nord_Templar
    Nord_Templar
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, I'm not entirely sure what skill / enemy you are talking about, do you have a screenshot of it?

Here is an example - quest "Online:The First Step" -
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_First_Step

Stage of quest - "Defeat the General Quintilius who killed Khali's mother". Timer on this video - 18:20
    https://youtu.be/pRnQMOjbGUw

Do you recognize this spell?

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest thing to do would be to try and get killed by it, then you can look at what it is in Death Recap :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's a pretty common spell thou, its the Sorcerers ultimate, Negate Magic. You can't use spells while inside it. Its very common that its used by "battlemage" NPCs and is usually seen in combination with that donut like AoE Skill.
  • Nord_Templar
    Nord_Templar
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Easiest thing to do would be to try and get killed by it, then you can look at what it is in Death Recap :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have a feeling that it is You who are the developer of this product from the ESO Store

eW8oDyaojss.jpg
    Edited by Nord_Templar on May 7, 2017 6:41PM