Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should jewelry versions of craft sets drop in their zones?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
So my friend had an idea and asked if it would be popular, so I said let's do a poll. He always wants to wear multiple crafted sets, but you can't since there's no way to get craft set jewelry. Jewelry crafting would solve this, but no one is holding their breath on that, lol.

Instead of a whole new game system, he suggested that craft set blue/purple jewelry should drop in the zones where those stations are in dolmen chests or with world bosses. So if you wanted to wear 5 Hundings Rage and 5 Night Silence, you could make it happen.
Edited by davey1107 on May 1, 2017 10:37PM

Should jewelry versions of craft sets drop in their zones? 20 votes

Yes, that's a good idea. Craft sets should have jewelry that drop in zones.
25%
Emma_OverloadO_LYKOSForsakenSinFurinolebtesam 5 votes
No, the craft sets don't need jewelry
10%
STEVILwyoish 2 votes
I have no idea or don't care
0%
Jewelry should just be craftable.
30%
NestorIruil_ESOVandrilBergisMacBrideHookgrinnewtinmpls 6 votes
Both 1 and 4
35%
Tarukmocktocjhhickman39TevalaurRichD62Maole1989FLL200CViciousBunnii 7 votes
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's a good idea. Craft sets should have jewelry that drop in zones.
    lol i didn't see Jewelry should just be craftable i would vote for that
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry should just be craftable.
    The beauty of Crafting is RNG is not a factor. Crafted Set Jewelry would be kind of missing the point if we could only get it as Drops.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    Both 1 and 4
    I think jewellry crafting should be implemented but dolmen zone drops would be a good compromise. This would open up a whole new variety of combinations. New strong, fun and interesting builds would emerge and proudly wearing your full crafted build would not make you 'gimped'.
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, the craft sets don't need jewelry
    i do not agree with my vote but it is the closest.

BAD form to add "reasons" to every vote option since you know maybe just maybe in the world somebody may have a reason that makes sense and which you did not think of.

try this "Google, Define hubris".

Jewelry should remain limited to drops.

that means every build worth talking about will have drop pieces as a part of its make-up. it guarantees drops a place in the design.

However, what needs to happen is crafted sets also need their own unique to crafted functional capacity - not just style control.

The kost obvious change would be to:
    Remove weapons from 3pc and 5pc drops.
    maelstrom and master might stay on as weapons but i would rather see them turned into jewelry - because the weapon trait grind is much more onerous than the jewel one is. The grind in VMA VDA would continue but at a less severe ratio of meh to great.

So then every build worth thinking about would include crafted weapons as part of a set and drop jewels as part of a set.

Both sides of the equipment game would have their unique roles in the final product.

There are of course other options, this is just one... but if you add crafted set jewels all you do is perpetuate the "competition" between crafted and drops, with all the usual arguments on which deserves to be best etc...

this way there is no longer competition between crafted and drops... its all about cooperation... making and finding crafted set and drop sets that complement each other.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."