Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Disappearing furniture patters obtained from Hlaalu Furnishers Document

Faasnu
Faasnu
✭✭✭
Hello,

I bought two Hlaalu Furnishers Documents on the day the patch went live and it worked fine, I opened them and got 2 epic patterns. I was able to learn them and I see them now when I'm on the right crafting station. The problem is that yesterday I bought one more Hlaalu Furnishers Document and got it in my inventory. However, when I attempted to open it to get the pattern, the UI put me away from the inventory section. When I entered my inventory again, neither the Document nor the pattern was there. I went to every crafting station possible and found nothing new. So it looks like the pattern disappeared. I would forget about it, but today the situation repeated. This time I opened the Document, got an epic pattern (sadly I don't remember the same and didn't take screenshot) and tried to learn it. It disappeared. No crafting station shows anything new available for me, and yes, I have unchecked the "have skill" and "have ingredients" requirements. So I'm getting pretty pissed off now.

Does anybody have the same problem?
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    I just had the identical thing happen to me. I bought one, opened it and saw it was a khajit cushioned bench pattern but that I didn't meet all the requirements to craft it on that toon (I needed a level 4 solvent proficiency I didn't yet have on that character). When I looked for it in my bag again, the pattern had disappeared.

I went to the crafting station and saw that my character had learned the recipe - perhaps automatically? I didn't click to read it. So just make sure you uncheck 'have ingredients' and 'have skills', it should be there.
    Edited by Vudokan on February 16, 2017 7:22AM
  • Genesiis
    Genesiis
    Soul Shriven
    Well the same happened to me also, I bought 3 Hlaalu Furnishing Documents and the first 2 worked just fine as the epic recipes are sitting in my inventory. The 3rd document just disappeared after using it and no epic recipe to be found. I have a bad feeling this is working as intended as you may have been given an award of a previous learned recipe. I can only hope ZOS award system wasn't design that way and you loose 10 vouchers playing some RNG GAMBLING.
    Edited by Genesiis on February 21, 2017 8:27PM
    In The Beginning...
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here but with no relation to the Hlaalu Furnishing Documents.
    • Yesterday I found Ritual Candles (purple recipe), then put it in the bank. When looking with my main (crafting character): ... poof gone and nowhere to be seen.
    • Today I bought Redguard Carpet, Mirage for a hefty 99K at guild trader in Rawlka. Then I went to the Clothing Crafting station, opened the previews, then realized that I hadn't learned the plan yet. Opened the inventory, double-click on the purple plan, and it's consumed. Unfortunately it didn't appear in the clothing crafting station along with the other carpets. Double-check the other crafting stations, but the plan is nowhere to be seen.
    Very pissed off. Nearly 100K is no small money for me, and just losing it makes me somewhat angry.

Edit: Platform is PC-EU
    Edited by Squeaky_Clean on February 22, 2017 11:50PM
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    I've had something similar, I got a Bed recipe on a toon I was leveling, so I put it in my bank with others to transfer to my crafting toon, the next day I got on my crafter, got the recipes and noticed I didn't have the bed one anymore. Figured I just imagined getting it, but then read this post...so idk
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Had similar issue when trying to steal some pattern. I opened trunk and realised I had guard on back. So I close trunk, opened it 3 sec later and it was already outside of Nirn.
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are actively investigating the issue with patterns disappearing out of inventories, in the mean time we have ensured that Crown Store bought items will not disappear, please utilize that feature until we solve this ongoing issue. ZOS Support. /s
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is the issue, but I know crafting does have check boxes for "Have Knowledge" and "Have Items" where only certain crafted items will appear if you meet the qualifications. Perhaps uncheck those boxes and see if your documents reappear? From what it sounds like though, the actual patterns are just disappearing from your inventory. So far, I haven't had this issue yet, but I will sure be looking for it.
    Edited by Ashtaris on February 23, 2017 2:15PM
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately checking/unchecking the "Have Knowledge" and "Have Items" had no (positive) impact on the issue. Tried that as well as relogging, but I didn't help.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had similar issue when trying to steal some pattern. I opened trunk and realised I had guard on back. So I close trunk, opened it 3 sec later and it was already outside of Nirn.

happens to me sometimes, but I think this is another problem.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Boradordin
    Boradordin
    ✭✭
    I turned in 140 writ vouchers and received 14 House Hlaalu furnishing plans. Yay for me! After reading them I went to see what the Pie Dish, Display looked like. Imagine my shock after going to my Provisioning station to see that it was not known! I checked all the other stations to find I had learned not one of the plans. This is on the PS4. After quitting the game and restarting I discovered it had not fixed the problem.

What gives Zenimax?

It's not like I would actually use the pie dish. It is such an insignificant item and would never ever be used. We are all having problems with our housing usable slots as it is and does anyone even use the cooking items? They take up too many slots. But then that is another problem entirely. Being an ESO Plus member cannot resolve this dilemma. I have not even started on my house, just the outside, and I'm already at 519 of 600. Yeah, like I'm going to put a bunch of wax produce and cooking ephemera in my house!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In some cases the recipe name doesn't correlate between the scroll and the crafting station. There are threads about that in this forum. I thought I had disappearing recipes until I read those threads, where very observant players recorded what the name changes to. When I checked the recipe list, sure enough, I had the renamed recipe. ZoS is aware and ostensibly working on a fix.

Although this apparently doesn't apply to this case, I typically use an inventory filter addon (not on console). One mistake I made a couple times is opening the containers quickly in the general inventory window and not the container window. As a result, I learned a couple recipes on the wrong character and thought the recipes were missing.