The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

It's time

PS4_ZeColmeia
PS4_ZeColmeia
✭✭✭✭✭
Make staves and 2h count as two item slots, DW & 1h get to mix and match sets with weapons still, but fix this right meow!
Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on April 30, 2017 12:23PM
PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
Hybrid, All-Role NB

It's time 148 votes

Do it
70%
Tabbycatarkansas_ESOTraybair_ESOUriel_NocturneChardeeMacDMojmirKilandroshedna123b14_ESOkypranb14_ESOEZBakedMuffinrileynotzb14_ESOSydriaIruil_ESOSaroussesantos.vellab16_ESOJD2013ixietimb16_ESO85Darlonsebban 104 votes
Meh...
29%
DeadlyRecluselolo_01b16_ESOBam_BamKyomaNifty2gJoker99NukeAllTheThingsAllu07neb18_ESOAlpDurhamArtemiisiaAkimbroKartalinRagnaroek93RomotimidobserverdmextraDHaleRustyfish101Areloth 44 votes
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    It almost makes too much sense.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    it makes to much sense for them to change it though.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh...
    I'm an avid 2H user in pvp. I used to want this but as I've progressed I really believe it would be op and further add to balance issues. I can think of a few crazy builds with this implemented. Again the old issue of balancing pvp and pve separately.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I'm an avid 2H user in pvp. I used to want this but as I've progressed I really believe it would be op and further add to balance issues. I can think of a few crazy builds with this implemented. Again the old issue of balancing pvp and pve separately.

More explaination please
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh...

More explaination please

5 hulking 5 bone pirate 1 bloodspawn 1 selene or 2 bloodspawn or 1 bloodspawn 1 vma wep with cost reduction poison.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do it
    Do it now!
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a no vote. The power of the staff in this game can be shown on the forum. The lamentations of the Stam classes are being ignored due to the massive advantages to being ranged magical. I play PvE vTrials on a mag Sorc with only 14k health. 98 percent of the time I don't even have to slot a shield.I mean it's there if I want to get as much hit points as a tank instantly but I don't need to because most mechanics are on the boss. Not to mention on live to have the easiest rotation for almost the best DPS in the game. I would never want staff to be a two set piece. Heck most top end Stam dps don't even have 5/5/2 they need ma weapons to even compete. Talking pvp, are you upset that your dizzying swings not critting for 20k? Two hand is the best Stam burst weapon in the game. S&B have great utility but ransack doesn't come close dizzying swing and S&B doesn't have a execute. Duel wield skils isn't very viable either. Don't get me started on staves in Pvp.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on May 1, 2017 1:47PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do it
    Subversus wrote: »

More explaination please

5 hulking 5 bone pirate 1 bloodspawn 1 selene or 2 bloodspawn or 1 bloodspawn 1 vma wep with cost reduction poison.

Thank you for proving why it wouldn't be OP. This is what people fail to realize, the change to the 2H would mainly be a PvE buff (the area where it desperately needs it). Currently I use 5 BP, 2 TK, 3 Agility, and a Master 2h/Bow

So let's say they change it so the 2H counts as a 2-piece; and rather than running Master 2H, and 3 Agility, I use 5 Hulking instead. Well guess what? That's a damage loss.

Allow me to break it down for you:
    The stamina to Weapon Damage conversion is 10.1 : 1
    Agility provides 186 WD and 1400 stamina, and the Master 2H provides 189 WD.
    Now let's convert all of this into stamina:
    186 + 189 = 375 ; 375 x 1.32 (12% from Agility, and 20% from Major Brutality) = 495
    495 x 10.1 = 5000
    5000 + 1400 (stam provided from agility) = 6400
    Stamina acquired from 5 hulking = 5401

Meaning it'll be a damage loss of 1000 stamina by switching from 1 Master 2H and 3 Agility to 5 Hulking

Meaning it will not be an OP change for PvP

How can it affect PvE though? Well this is more clear:
    It would allow for a 5 VO 5 TFS, and 2 Velidreth combination; which will be a large boost in DPS
    Granted DW will still be on top due to its supperior DoTs, and raw WD, but this will certainly close the gap.

This is why the change needs to occur. It'll have minimal impact in PvP (the root of everyone's concern), but it would be a large buff in PvE (the area where the 2H fails to be competitive).
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on May 1, 2017 1:49PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...to require useful, descriptive thread titles?

You'll get more response from your thread if it isn't clickbaited.

Two handed's should count as two set items, cost 2x materials, require 2x the upgrade mats, and 2x the the enchants.

That, or only the 1st items in the slot should count towards set bonuses.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More explaination please

Thank you for proving why it wouldn't be OP. This is what people fail to realize, the change to the 2H would mainly be a PvE buff (the area where it desperately needs it). Currently I use 5 BP, 2 TK, 3 Agility, and a Master 2h/Bow

So let's say they change it so the 2H counts as a 2-piece; and rather than running Master 2H, and 3 Agility, I use 5 Hulking instead. Well guess what? That's a damage loss.

186 + 189 = 375 ; 375 x 1.32 (12% from Agility, and 20% from Major Brutality) = 495
    495 x 10.1 = 5000

Meaning it'll be a damage loss of 1000 stamina by switching from 1 Master 2H and 3 Agility to 5 Hulking

It would allow for a 5 VO 5 TFS, and 2 Velidreth combination; which will be a large boost in DPS
    Granted DW will still be on top due to its supperior DoTs, and raw WD, but this will certainly close the gap.

This is why the change needs to occur. It'll have minimal impact in PvP (the root of everyone's concern), but it would be a large buff in PvE (the area where the 2H fails to be competitive).

In PvP it would be horrible. The sets stacking and burst would make all other Stam weapons worthless. PvE you run a master weapon you wouldn't even have 5/5/2 anyway. Like I also said most top performing dw/bow call for meastrom weapons so they aren't even running 5/5/2. They should buff carves bleed for the next patch because with heavy attacks weave being the way to go the two hand isn't far behind anymore. Especially that 2h gets a 10% empower after heavy attacking.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh...
    Having 5p Amberplasm, 5p Necropotence and a 2p set (probably Pirate Skeleton) at the same time sounds broken to me.
    I think it should have been implemented in the game at release but if you implement it now (three years later) it will be a mess. It's obvious which class would benefit the most from this change (hint: the class which doesn't need any buffs at all).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    It only seems fair. Why should people who use a 2h weapon or staff be penalized for their choice?
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol.....5 necro 5bsw with lambris/grothdar on mag sorc running two destro...Wonder why Zos hasn't commented on this yet. Or maybe they will after nerfing crystal shards...magsorc need a buff.

Elegant/bsw/grothdar on magdk woo, scathing/bsw/grothdar on magnb?? and 5 moondancer 5 bsw/grothdar on magtemp ooo with a staff.

..Guys stamina can now use 2h and it'll be on par with DW! Wait...how is magicka miles ahead of us? Instead of farming bis VMA sharpened staff all you need to do is farm COA1 for sharpened bsw staff, and you'll be on par with thee best setup.

@Strider_Roshin So what you said basically was that BIS gear from VMA that provide those 1p bonuses that are BIS will no longer be BIS? Or that it will be BIS but only by say 1k? That seems like a reason to go farm VMA hundreds of times to get the best weapon in the best trait, not. I do like the idea of helping the people who can't even pass round 2 of VMA upping their game to a certain degree but really? Give me a reason why I should farm vma to run vma/5/3/2 over 5/5/2 when morrowind changes happen + this one weapon = 2 set pieces ? I feel special I spent 100+ hours grinding the hardest content getting bis just to have 1k extra on a tooltip(using as an example). How?
    The Flyers
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    Disliking the reason for not allowing this has to do with magsorc. It would also help the other magicka classes that are more magicka melee which I think are screwed come Morrowind. Try charging a heavy staff in melee range. There are other balance implications but they are not mutually inclusive to set piece count and need to yet be addressed anyway.

Still; I would rather there be some staff melee 1hers that can be paired for dual wield or sword and shield rather than just
    Grant 2h weapons double set pieces
    Edited by technohic on May 1, 2017 2:26PM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a good change, but like I said before, this would only increase the gap between Mag Sorcs and everyone else. If they make this change without giving Sorcs proper nerfs, balance becomes even worse.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    technohic wrote: »
    Disliking the reason for not allowing this has to do with magsorc. It would also help the other magicka classes that are more magicka melee which I think are screwed come Morrowind. Try charging a heavy staff in melee range.

Still; I would rather there be some staff melee 1hers that can be paired for dual wield or sword and shield rather than just
    Grant 2h weapons double set pieces

I'd be fine with magicka based melee weapons. Generally, I argue that DW & 1h retain superiority by being more flexible on set location by choosing to have 2 different sets in each hand or the same in both. 2h, bow and staff will not have that choice.

That said, this is not just a bonus to magicka, it's to stamina as well. The ranged and best cc weapon class in the game both get this improvement.

The point is that the trade for ranged is not always equitable to the loss of choice in weapon or monster helm bonuses. With magicka specifically, we literally have no other option (although the sustain changes makes hybrid more of a competitive option).

Now that procs can't crit, you need a sustain set (armor or monster/weapon set) and the recent balance changes between 2h and DW, it feels like this is the right time to implement this change.
    Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on May 1, 2017 2:39PM
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    Neighbor wrote: »
    It would be a good change, but like I said before, this would only increase the gap between Mag Sorcs and everyone else. If they make this change without giving Sorcs proper nerfs, balance becomes even worse.

I kinda agree, I only play a mageNB so I'm not advocating for Sorc. I personally think it'll do more to increase everyone else than it will to help sorcs, but that's why we test!

Come on ZOS doo ettt!
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do it

More explaination please

495 x 10.1 = 5000

To be fair. If you put % bonuses on that stam gain from hulking (5401) you will find it is pretty good. Let say 20% from CP and 10% from being redguard and suddenly it is 7k stamina from hulking vs 6820 from agi+vma2H (7017 if we use 10.5 as the ratio not 10.1). Still nothing that would break the game as people like to say. No 5/5/2 set combo will even touch current with backbar alchemist and people arent complaining about that...
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    5 item set bonuses are very strong, why should 2H, bow and staff users miss out compared to s+b and DW users
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is "no" option? Meh does not reflect an opinion of person who is strongly against it.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use a random 2h with a weapon damag glyph and don't feel crippled. If I had a set bonus added on to it, it would feel op. Answer is no and I hope you feel bad
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jk I don't hope you feel bad that's cruel
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But foreal no
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it
    Liofa wrote: »
    vb21dm.jpg
    Lol
    Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on May 1, 2017 4:26PM
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh...
    No need to homogenize builds even further...

And no need to keep posting about this either.
    Edited by Akimbro on May 1, 2017 4:27PM
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.