The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Infused Maelstrom Maul in PvP

Sheva I 7 I
Sheva I 7 I
✭✭✭✭
How much worse is it than a sharpened one? You get penetration through passive, infused makes your charge hit harder/adds 20% more weapon damage
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dismantle it.

The vmsa enchantment is not even good, poisons deals more damage.

I hope you get lucky and get a sharp one :D
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meta is changing with Morrowind, you can put 100 points to increase pentration by 5200

But can not increase magic/poison damage more than 15% so better keep it.

Nirnhoned, Precise and Infused will get some use with Morrowind
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meta is changing with Morrowind, you can put 100 points to increase pentration by 5200

Nah, more than ever Sharpened is king, especially for BG, the dps loss without one is incredibly high.

Maul have always been better than swords and for Morrowind they will be so good.

You're right about Nirn tho, that trait on a maul is not bad at all and I wish I could get one to try it.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kay1 wrote: »

Nah, more than ever Sharpened is king, especially for BG, the dps loss without one is incredibly high.

Maul have always been better than swords and for Morrowind they will be so good.

You're right about Nirn tho, that trait on a maul is not bad at all and I wish I could get one to try it.

@Lord_Dexter @Kay1 Are you both serious? I was planning on actually deconstructing all of the VMA weapons that I didn't see any use for this weekend, and with you all saying that stuff I'm now curious. What are the weapon traits I should keep, and the 1's I should deconstruct?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

@Lord_Dexter @Kay1 Are you both serious? I was planning on actually deconstructing all of the VMA weapons that I didn't see any use for this weekend, and with you all saying that stuff I'm now curious. What are the weapon traits I should keep, and the 1's I should deconstruct?

Nirnhoned, Precise (trials) are gonna be better again with CP changes in Morrowind!

You can get total 5200 penetration and 25% critical damage buff from CP but poison/physical/magic damage wil increase upto 15% only

On stamina DPS infused bow (Backbar PVE) is not bad!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 29, 2017 12:47PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PVE monsters/Boss resistance is not changing with Morrowind, its same...

In PVP, Heavy armor is nerf badly (espeically with removal of CP reduce cost passive and regen upto 15%), lot of players are gonna move to Med/light for sustain!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 29, 2017 12:53PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Nirnhoned, Precise (trials) are gonna be better again with CP changes in Morrowind!

You can get total 5200 penetration and 25% critical damage buff from CP but poison/physical/magic damage wil increase upto 15% only

On stamina DPS infused bow (Backbar PVE) is not bad!

FYI, the Maelstrom Staff enchant requires front bar Infused Weapons To get Buffed. That's what makes Infused vMA Daggers and Axes decent front bar weapons.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, with the new changes incoming traits preferences may change for PvP, per example a Maelstrom Maul in Nirn can be very powerful with all those people running in light and med, the penetration you get from using a maul is between 5 to 8k depending on their resistance and most people run between 17k to 30k so we are talking about some very good dps increase against Light and Med.

In PVP, Heavy armor is nerf badly (espeically with removal of CP reduce cost passive and regen upto 15%), lot of players are gonna move to Med/light for sustain!

Yeah I should've explained that I'm only talking about PvP, my bad lol.

Nirn is gonna be powerful, I can feel it :D

But I still have to test on the PTS if it's worthy to drop a Greatsword in Sharp for a Maul in Nirn, we'll see!.
    Edited by Kay1 on April 29, 2017 7:03PM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, with the new changes incoming traits preferences may change for PvP, per example a Maelstrom Maul in Nirn can be very powerful with all those people running in light and med, the penetration you get from using a maul is between 5 to 8k depending on their resistance and most people run between 17k to 30k so we are talking about some very good dps increase against Light and Med.

Yeah I should've explained that I'm only talking about PvP, my bad lol.

Nirn is gonna be powerful, I can feel it :D

But I still have to test on the PTS if it's worthy to drop a Greatsword in Sharp for a Maul in Nirn, we'll see!.

@Kay1 Could you also by a chance please test a sharpened Maelstrom's Maul. Or do you think that'd be over-penetration at that point, and thus making nirnhoned the way to go?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    There are two kinds of armor reductions. Personal armor piercing, which leaves mob armor the same but lets you and you alone ignore some of it. Sharpened and the passives on Mauls/Maces are like this. And mob armor debuffs, which reduce mob armor and allow everyone to hit mob a little harder. Things like Major/Minor Fracture, Night Mothers Gaze, Alkosh, Crusher Enchant, Sunderflame set, etc., debuff enemy armor.

The formula is:
    ((Mob Base Armor - Mob Armor Debuffs) * (1 - percentage penetration)) - Flat Penetration

In your example:
    ((Mob Base Armor - Major Fracture debuff) * (1 - 0.20)) - Sharpened penetration

So the tldr: if you don't have major fracture on the target, mauls/maces are better, if major fracture is on the target, mauls/maces and swords are about even, if you have anymore debuffs, IE NMG, alkosh, even a crusher enchant, swords are better, all this is at 18,000 armor.

Note that the debuffs are skills that benefit the whole group, so armor sets like TFS and spriggan and kraghs are calculated after mauls/maces percentages, as is sharpened.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 30, 2017 5:09AM