The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag Templar in need of your advice! VMA Build

the_man_of_steal
the_man_of_steal
✭✭✭
Hello! I am determined to beat VMA on my first char which is a Mag Templar. I have developed my own build which seems to be working well (I hit 4,000 Spell dmg sometimes), but I would like to get the final polish on it and need your input on the best way to keep my BSW proc up to near 66.7%.

Armor: 2 Grothdar, 4 BSW all divines, 1 divines Inf Aether legs.

Jewelry: 1 willpower arcane & two gold aether rings arcane - all spell damage.

Weapons: 1 Sharpened Inferno Willpower Staff spell dmg enchant or S&B with impen BSW shield (should be divines), and Willpower Sword flame enchant.

My rotation starts on my willpower staff bar and I Entropy, heavy attack, wall of elements and then bar swap to S&B. I then use reflective light to keep the fire proc up and sweeps for low dot dps & health.

Here is my conundrum:

DO I MAKE MY SWORD CHARGED which I believe would increase my chance to do fire damage on my light attack? Or should I have a sharpened/precise sword? Powered Sword for more healing since sweeps is on that bar?

I would really enjoy your feedback and thoughts on what to do with my 1H.

Please excuse me if I have been unclear about anything or if I left any details out that might help you make an informed suggestion.

Again, THANK YOU!

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you know VMA is all about damage and nothing else, if you're keen going the safe route with sword and shield that is actually all the cushion you'd need, so sharpened as per usual. The only healing you need is from BOL or sweeps, and all mag builds should have harness..especially solo. Sharpened will add to absolutely all dps abilities including AOE compare that to just a charged extra fire damage on light attacks, good luck.
    The Flyers
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Thank you! I left out the healing part of my build for simplicity but yes I use Harness and structured entropy helps me stay alive as well! I also use the 5,500 health/4,900 mag food.

Thank you for your suggestion! I have a sharpened willpower maul with a flame enchant so will be using that!
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey Thank you! I left out the healing part of my build for simplicity but yes I use Harness and structured entropy helps me stay alive as well! I also use the 5,500 health/4,900 mag food.

Thank you for your suggestion! I have a sharpened willpower maul with a flame enchant so will be using that!

Bro you drunk? Why on earth would you be using a maul. Get your 5pc spell weave, Grothdar, dw sharp willpower swords and a sharp staff on and go full power with it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭

Bro you drunk? Why on earth would you be using a maul. Get your 5pc spell weave, Grothdar, dw sharp willpower swords and a sharp staff on and go full power with it.

Pretty sure with S&B the 1H doesnt matter....

I am doing fine with the build I have now without investing 500k in two sharpened willpower swords... I am posting this to try to get an idea of what last piece of the puzzle will maximize the build I created.

I appreciate your input tho, but i'm sticking with my build.
    Edited by the_man_of_steal on April 28, 2017 6:15PM