Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting System: WHEN?

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
One of the big selling points for this game was the revolutionary crafting system, where you could make and improve items that would keep your character viable even in top tier content. Since One Tamriel (and even before really with the addition of proc sets), this has been completely cast by the wayside.

Not only is crafting outshined in strength, coolness of visual effects, and diversity of build options since they have jewelry and crafted sets don't, but the whole aspect of what made crafting more like the Elder Scrolls was just gutted from the game.

There is one simple and obvious change the community has been desperately pleading for going on 3 years now that could return crafting to it's former glory:

Allow us to craft jewelry set items and improve jewelry through crafting.

This was something we were told was in the works "soon" back in 2014.

Can you guys please tell us this is something you have not simply forgotten?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

Edited by Phinix1 on May 2, 2017 8:07PM
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally, it was in one of the early betas. You'd need to ask one of the Psijics for details on that if you're really curious.

Ironically, I'd be fine with there being no jewelry crafting if there was some way to obtain jewelry for crafted sets, and if there was some way to upgrade them (maybe as part of enchanting).
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will not happen anytime soon. they are too busy nerfing everything ...maybe once when they see how many people have un sub and left playing the game they might actually read and implement features players have been begging for , for years.

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someday.... Hope is all we have.
    Edited by Tasear on April 27, 2017 4:54AM
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Phinix1 You already know I agree 100% ZoS really needs to make crafting relevant again and this would be a simple easy fix without having to go and adjust every sets bonuses.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 26, 2017 11:55PM
    love is love
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing the big cheese (AKA Firor) will respond "No ETA."
    Edited by Vanthras79 on April 27, 2017 6:35PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

I agree. lets hold them accountable for their promises.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• NecroEnzo
    NecroEnzo
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting, reforging, and an end to BOP if we have to suffer the lottery drop.

When I played TES games I could strip the shoes off every NPC I killed. Just because this is an MMORPG doesn't mean it has to be an EverQuest clone.

Find a new carrot to keep people running dungeons. Score us, give us stuff for extra hard content, something other than the status quo.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Phinix1 wrote: »

I agree. lets hold them accountable for their promises.

Except... wrong crafting. It was spell crafting that was mentioned in Road Ahead 2014, not jewelry crafting.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st

Jewelry crafting was never available during beta testing, either. It was mentioned briefly by Paul Sage, but never as a promise or certainty.
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/live-crafting-qa-with-paul-sage-march-7th/
    signing off
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will never happen.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make crafting even more viable. Which is great because the last few patches haven't.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEVER.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't you want jewelry crafting?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wasn't the guy developing this system gone from the company right after craglorn was released?
    Edited by Mojmir on April 27, 2017 4:21AM
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll prob sell it to us in the next "chapter" or at some point when the money from playing house starts to fade.
    It wouldn't be terribly difficult to inplement either, but I think zos is more interested in tying us to the grind. Cause there would be a could chance I would use kags and juilonos for my Templar.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »

We want it but Zenny dont!
    Otherwise you can craft ALL your gear and not grind any more :smile:

The heart of this game from Zenny's perspective is to get players to grind.

MMO business model "Players who stop grinding will leave"
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem though is, players who realize they are on an endless grind will leave.
    tenor.gif
    I gave up on my bsw inferno staff, I lost count of the # of runs I did.
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Ulfric Stormcloak unifies all of Skyrim
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting System: WHEN?

PC/Mac Patch Notes v9.7.19

Mounts
    You will now have a chance to obtain a Flying Purple Baby Mammoth mount from this seasons crown crates.
    PvP
    Every PvP player was so happy with the latest round of class balance changes and gear enhancements that no further patches to the PvP environment will ever be needed again.
    Crafting
    Jewelry crafting is now live in Tamriel. Create hundreds of set pieces to compliment your existing gear and more!
    All you need to craft a piece of jewelry is an ingot of material appropriate to your level and a Mythic Ambrosia recipe.

• playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    i assume this went the same way as spell crafting :/
    Edited by playsforfun on April 27, 2017 6:43AM
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please someday, but there are so many other things they need to do first for this patch release.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jewelry shouldn't be available for all possible sets.Pobably better to let this one go. it would probably just lead to worse nerfs in a year.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix the game first. Then, maybe, just maybe.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never understood this frame of thought. I always hear people say that once they get their gear there is nothing left to do. Seriously? Then why play at all? Once I get my gear, I use it. I also don't want to spend my life in this game just grinding for gear.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    wasn't the guy developing this system gone from the company right after craglorn was released?

methinks you are on to the truth of it...

In here's a happy-snap of the dev team circa 2013:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Development_Team

I think somewhere on the forum that had a more recent pic of the dev team. Compare the two if you can find the recent shot, and notice anything obviously different at a glance?

WAIT>>> WAIT!!!! holy !@#&%!@!!! I just looked at that wiki page, and look who's listed as a "content designer"!?!!?!?!? DAVID ZEB COOK!!!!!

holy !@#& ... does he still work as ZOS? respect!!!!

(i think I just spooged on my keyboard)

srsly, you good people do know who DAVID ZEB COOK is yes???? wow.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cook_(game_designer)

That guy is a !@#&*^!@ GIANT!!!! (blows dust off my old CONAN UNCHAINED modue) ... I'm sorry, I'm just amazed... can we get this confirmed?!?!?!

This is HUGE!!! it needs it's own thread!!! does anyone know what he wrote/developed for ESO, which parts I mean? It's as big a thing as finding out GYGAX worked on ESO... I'm gobsmacked.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on April 27, 2017 10:46PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support this thread, Jewelry Crafting is an absolute must!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically, I'd be fine with there being no jewelry crafting if there was some way to obtain jewelry for crafted sets, and if there was some way to upgrade them (maybe as part of enchanting).
    I'd rather we had he option to craft (maybe in the Enchanting skill line) but this is - I think - a VERY reasonable compromise.

:)
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because part of what made this game unique, and gave it the "Elder Scrolls feeel" in an MMO, was that the crafting system was strong and allowed you to be viable in higher content without having to play the RNG drop lottery.

With the introduction of proc set overworld drops and One Tamriel, crafting was mostly rendered obsolete, which totally gutted a huge part of the game. People have invested literally months researching traits, just to have crafting outclassed by the new proc meta and now borderline pay-to-win research tokens added to the cash shop?

Plus, these already superior drop sets come with jewelry as an option making them even better for build customization!

Adding the ability to craft and improve crafted jewelry would return crafting to at least somewhat of a viable state. Perhaps it could be that only crafted jewelry can be improved...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Edited by Phinix1 on May 2, 2017 8:01PM
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewellery crafting will be available in the next DLC, sorry 'chapter', so get your wallets ready, the ZOS pension fund won't top itself up you know!!
This discussion has been closed.