Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting System: WHEN?

• SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $40
    Chapter 2, June 2018
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    wasn't the guy developing this system gone from the company right after craglorn was released?

methinks you are on to the truth of it...

In here's a happy-snap of the dev team circa 2013:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Development_Team

I think somewhere on the forum that had a more recent pic of the dev team. Compare the two if you can find the recent shot, and notice anything obviously different at a glance?

WAIT>>> WAIT!!!! holy !@#&%!@!!! I just looked at that wiki page, and look who's listed as a "content designer"!?!!?!?!? DAVID ZEB COOK!!!!!

holy !@#& ... does he still work as ZOS? respect!!!!

(i think I just spooged on my keyboard)

srsly, you good people do know who DAVID ZEB COOK is yes???? wow.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cook_(game_designer)

That guy is a !@#&*^!@ GIANT!!!! (blows dust off my old CONAN UNCHAINED modue) ... I'm sorry, I'm just amazed... can we get this confirmed?!?!?!

This is HUGE!!! it needs it's own thread!!! does anyone know what he wrote/developed for ESO, which parts I mean? It's as big a thing as finding out GYGAX worked on ESO... I'm gobsmacked.

Yes, some of us do know they do have some awesome talent there @ ZOS.. I for one grew up reading the DnD game manuals, paraphernalia that Gygax and Cook wrote when I played DnD as a Youth...
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO 2
  • TheGrandBizarre
    wasn't the guy developing this system gone from the company right after craglorn was released?

I think somewhere on the forum that had a more recent pic of the dev team. Compare the two if you can find the recent shot, and notice anything obviously different at a glance?

WAIT>>> WAIT!!!! holy !@#&%!@!!! I just looked at that wiki page, and look who's listed as a "content designer"!?!!?!?!? DAVID ZEB COOK!!!!!

That guy is a !@#&*^!@ GIANT!!!! (blows dust off my old CONAN UNCHAINED modue) ... I'm sorry, I'm just amazed... can we get this confirmed?!?!?!

This is HUGE!!! it needs it's own thread!!! does anyone know what he wrote/developed for ESO, which parts I mean? It's as big a thing as finding out GYGAX worked on ESO... I'm gobsmacked.

Holy crap! He did Planescape!!!

He was on the ESO Live stream, he was the Lead designer for Morrowind!!!
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it - but the thing is it threatens a Gold and AP sink.

HOWEVER - there is a good solution - a whole new set of materials for Jewlery - Precious Metals/Gemstones - which would help revitalize the market (Even if only temporary). There are downsides to that too... like more items to carry for non-subbers.

Alot to consider.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    One of the big selling points for this game was the revolutionary crafting system, where you could make and improve items that would keep your character viable even in top tier content. Since One Tamriel (and even before really with the addition of proc sets), this has been completely cast by the wayside.

Not only is crafting outshined in strength, coolness of visual effects, and diversity of build options since they have jewelry and crafted sets don't, but the whole aspect of what made crafting more like the Elder Scrolls was just gutted from the game.

There is one simple and obvious change the community has been desperately pleading for going on 3 years now that could return crafting to it's former glory:

Allow us to craft jewelry set items and improve jewelry through crafting.

This was something we were told was in the works "soon" back in 2014.

Can you guys please tell us this is something you have not simply forgotten?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

yes!!
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just bumping this thread to the top of the list.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you want jewelcrafting? when they announced item retraiting hence killing the entire crafting market? and perhaps even the item farming.... let aside that...I asked to implement skinning...to get scraps from skinning animals not loot...yet that never happened and is faaaaaaar easy to implement rather than creating an entire new craft system...oh...spellcrafting no longer a thing btw?
  • ghwaite
    ghwaite
    ✭✭✭
    Something that should of been included from day 1 imo.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭
    one of next chapters in 1-3 years ... maybe :*
  • mehmetdemir
    mehmetdemir
    ✭✭
    Well i have been thinking on this. If Jewelcrafting happens drop sets may die with dungeons i'm afraid. Now every build uses at least one drop set, which is good balance. We shouldn't loose the "farm" component of the game, just getting rid of RNG via re-traiting is enough.
  • mehmetdemir
    mehmetdemir
    ✭✭

Cool down mate
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well i have been thinking on this. If Jewelcrafting happens drop sets may die with dungeons i'm afraid. Now every build uses at least one drop set, which is good balance. We shouldn't loose the "farm" component of the game, just getting rid of RNG via re-traiting is enough.

oh just imagine! 5/5 shackle+way of arena! or torugs+juli! or hunding+nmg!
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master crafters should be able to craft Unique level of gear sets and also jewellery.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭
    no mastercrafters yet (i mean title ) :'(
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. There's multiple reason why jewelry isn't craftable, and will never be craftable.

One of those reasons is that it disencourages playing the content. Yes, BoP sucks, but it encourages us to grind for our own gear.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand, why do you need this?

I don't see any advantages except the opportunity to refuse to farm good-quality jewelry from vet trials. But this is important only for casual players who do not need such jewelry in principle.

On the other hand, jewerly crafting will lead to loss of the uniqueness of the crafting sets that do not have jewerly. In addition, this is an another crafting station and, possibly, skills, which are already quite a lot. I mean, this will lead to an excessive accumulation of systems, besides transmutation and transmogrification systems.

The next time you want to wear Tava's Favor with Hist Bark, think about whether you really need it. Or it's just a fleeting desire.
    Everything is viable
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭
    not capped yet for crafting jewelry :|
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww Honey....

I hope you get it cos it seems to be making you sad, but I think you probably won't get it.
    My internet is invalid
  • Richard_Ralh
    Richard_Ralh
    ✭✭
    I agree that Jewelry Crafting should be instituted, but it would need to be unique needing to have both blacksmithing, to form the metal into rings and necklaces or chains, and enchanting, to give the jewelry their specific magical abilities.
    Richard_Ralh
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you who are stating crafting sets are struggling, you are incorrect. Crafted sets have been a major part of a very large amount of BIS builds for all roles in this game for years. Crafting sets should be a lower tier in terms of stats compared to gear dropped in end game content, in my opinion. Would be nice to see a pvp vendor that sells gear that is noticeably better than crafted sets as well, for an expensive price obviously.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When Teemo becomes Molag Teemo
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, first ZoS will increase the gear cap to 180/200CP and half the player base will quit, then they may realize they need to add it.
  • KRBC
    KRBC
    ✭✭
    They'll put it with another "expansion" to help get another 30 dollars out of you
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really need this, I can not understand what's the deal with implement this. They should feel ashamed that after all these years crafters can not craft jewelry. Is impossible to use 2 crafted sets at the same time.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about... NOW!
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet would be 2019 Chapter.

I also would like to see taming. Taming animals in the wild. Some can be non-combat pet and some would be mounts.
    Imagine the fun it would bring.
    Edited by Mitrenga on October 2, 2017 6:05AM
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    just stop. 10 threads every 2 weeks inst enough? Crafting jewelry would cause alot more problems then it would solve. The entire premise of progression in thins game is based around jewelry, since everything else can be gotten through normal difficulty. The point being is that 99% of the game can be done in blue non set armor and willpower jewelry, so why take away the only thing that rewards players to do difficult content? by introducing jewelry crafting to the game, there'd be less people doing dungeons, trials ect. It's already hard to find a group to do things, why make it so it's even harder. MMO's need a way to keep players playing the same content. This is seen as a 'grind', but in reality grinding is one of the few things that keep people playing more then a few times a week for an hour or so. I get its in human nature to want everything as easily as possible, but for 1 second just stop and think about the potential damage this would cause to the game. especially considering its the same people who implemented so many other things poorly.

Long story short; this is the type of thing that should of been implemented day 1. Now to implement it properly there would need to be an entire upheaval of progression in the game. Most likely leading to the same people who wanted jewelry crafting to want the new thing that's used for character strength progression to be easily obtainable.
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you want jewelry crafting?

We want it but Zenny dont!
    Otherwise you can craft ALL your gear and not grind any more :smile:

The heart of this game from Zenny's perspective is to get players to grind.

MMO business model "Players who stop grinding will leave"

Exactly, if crafted sets becomes the BIS then people will stop running content, a lot of dungeons will become obsolete, i don't think it will be implemented any time soon or at all.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys realise how much more difficult it will be to balance the game if jewel crafting is added right?? It will be a nightmare for the devs with the game in it current state. Sure the amount of grind will be reduced for sure but the amount of "broken/OP" combos in PvP won´t be funny........
This discussion has been closed.