Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing-item placment

WolfWarrior84
WolfWarrior84
✭✭
We need an up and down feature when placing items not diagonal. i don't understand how that was even put into place. if this was done it would make placing items much better
WolfWarrior84
PS4 na server DC & EP Alliance
Champion point 646
Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if I understand you, but on PC (assuming by your sign, you're playing on PS4) there's an option that can switch surface placement, that can freely lifts items up and down.
    Maybe on PS4 is similar option?
    Edited by Avius on April 23, 2017 10:39PM
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    it will drag it across the ground then up a wall in the surface placement but I am talking mid air or like making a stair case placing stuff on water. there is no straight up and down on the ps4 that I have found.

also not being tethered to our character would be nice tired of falling off walls or edges when trying to place items.
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
    Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭
    Oh you can move them further by scrolling with mouse on PC ... I suppose it won't help you. Sorry :neutral:
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Press triangle (if I remember correctly) to remove surface drag. This will allow you to place things however you want, including inside other objects.
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    Press triangle (if I remember correctly) to remove surface drag. This will allow you to place things however you want, including inside other objects.

not up and down
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »

not up and down

You're missing actually further and closer option, maybe some combinations of keys ? I don't know, maybe PS4 lacks this feature.
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    all we are missing is an up and down feature it is pretty basic I would think not sure why we don't have it
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you turn surface drag off, you should have the ability to move items with (I think) R1 and R2 (Trigger buttons)

Those allow you to move items further away or closer to you, and combined with the left joystick, you can place items in mid-air. Sometimes it's easier to toggle to first person view when doing that (Down on D pad)

Hope this helps!
    PS4NA
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I am not asking for away to make the messed up system work I want them to fix it and add an up and down feature get rid of the diagonal its pointless and should have never been put into the system
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I am not asking for away to make the messed up system work I want them to fix it and add an up and down feature get rid of the diagonal its pointless and should have never been put into the system

Soo the whole point of this thread is that you want up/down option, regardless that you can do same thing with closer/further option and left joystick?
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Avius wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Soo the whole point of this thread is that you want up/down option, regardless that you can do same thing with closer/further option and left joystick?

That is not the same thing as up and down is not the same as forward and backwards. if there is an up and down please give more details because I have tried everything. It moving diagonally up and down does not count I want straight up and down it moving diagonally is pointless
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭
    @WolfWarrior84
    If you want to raise something up you need to look up and move item further (if you were facing area between ground and horizon) or closer (otherwise). If item was rotated a bit you need to counter-rotate it.
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Avius wrote: »
    @WolfWarrior84
    If you want to raise something up you need to look up and move item further (if you were facing area between ground and horizon) or closer (otherwise). If item was rotated a bit you need to counter-rotate it.

thanks but that seems a bit to much just to move it up and down. one of the only good things that DCUO added was there housing item setup ESO should use something like that. I don't think that consoles where thought of with this design
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646