The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind Beta invites for console players?

• bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bareheiny wrote: »
    READ your email

Please stop tagging the employees....you have a ZOS profile and that is why some people have the invite.

It's that simple....if you don't want or do t or if you can't....don't download the client

No need to do anything else and no don't try to share it if you or anyone else has the email
    The email only talks about starting the launcher.

I'd suspect that most console players don't have the PC/Mac client.

With that in mind, extending invites to consolers seems...silly.

@bareheiny
    Actually it details a lot more by simply reading the email which sends you to the closed PTS forums and the other links send you to your account page.

The device doesn't matter as my iPad takes me to all possible sites as well as my iPhone.

Can't download but the links exist. It's just a matter of reading.
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    READ your email

Please stop tagging the employees....you have a ZOS profile and that is why some people have the invite.

It's that simple....if you don't want or do t or if you can't....don't download the client

No need to do anything else and no don't try to share it if you or anyone else has the email

Somebody didn't read the civil discussion we were having.

I was asking a question that would be answered by a community manager. Where's this unnecessary hostility coming from?

Me tagging a Zenimax employee to ask a question only they can answer should have no ill effect on your forum trolling....

Edit: to my knowledge, this thread pre-dates any console player receiving an invite. It's not a "how do computer betas work thread"

It's not until after I responded that I saw the massive influx of posts from console players. I apologize on their behalf for not understanding how things work lol. But in my defense, it's obvious that you didn't read this thread and see why Zos is tagged.

@DrSweetazz

Bold isn't intended for hostility, it's drawing attention to read the email.

The email tells you that ZOS selected you. Previously the news article says ZOS will select participants and it doesn't say only PC would be invited.

It's honestly all in the email tho if ppl read and follow the links.

Sure you would need to play on pc but the email also clarifies this as well as the very detailed PTS pinned thread.

I did read the thread and it was after I read my own email and followed the instructions. I play on Xbox one and while I have a pc game account why would invites exclude anyone?

To me it would seem that an invite for console players makes a ton of sense as they can choose to buy and play on PC and may desire to give feedback for the upcoming release.

I read that many comments have concluded that ppl shouldn't have gotten invites due to individuals own thoughts that have no validity on the matter. It's just an invitation.

You send out two or three times as many as you hope would take part. They always do closed beta invites in waves (ZOS)
    Just to clarify, you have both the Xbox and PC versions?

If so, maybe that's where our wires are crossed. Those of us who do not have PC versions simply do not have a way to download the launcher via the accounts page.

This is why extending the invites is silly. Obviously I could buy the PC version...but why would I, just to access the PTS.

Luckily a link was provided elsewhere, and I am currently 20% done. Maybe it'll be done by launch.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    READ your email

@bareheiny
    Actually it details a lot more by simply reading the email which sends you to the closed PTS forums and the other links send you to your account page.

The device doesn't matter as my iPad takes me to all possible sites as well as my iPhone.

READ your email

I was asking a question that would be answered by a community manager. Where's this unnecessary hostility coming from?

Me tagging a Zenimax employee to ask a question only they can answer should have no ill effect on your forum trolling....

Edit: to my knowledge, this thread pre-dates any console player receiving an invite. It's not a "how do computer betas work thread"

It's not until after I responded that I saw the massive influx of posts from console players. I apologize on their behalf for not understanding how things work lol. But in my defense, it's obvious that you didn't read this thread and see why Zos is tagged.

@DrSweetazz

The email tells you that ZOS selected you. Previously the news article says ZOS will select participants and it doesn't say only PC would be invited.

Sure you would need to play on pc but the email also clarifies this as well as the very detailed PTS pinned thread.

I did read the thread and it was after I read my own email and followed the instructions. I play on Xbox one and while I have a pc game account why would invites exclude anyone?

To me it would seem that an invite for console players makes a ton of sense as they can choose to buy and play on PC and may desire to give feedback for the upcoming release.

I read that many comments have concluded that ppl shouldn't have gotten invites due to individuals own thoughts that have no validity on the matter. It's just an invitation.

You send out two or three times as many as you hope would take part. They always do closed beta invites in waves (ZOS)

If so, maybe that's where our wires are crossed. Those of us who do not have PC versions simply do not have a way to download the launcher via the accounts page.

This is why extending the invites is silly. Obviously I could buy the PC version...but why would I, just to access the PTS.

Luckily a link was provided elsewhere, and I am currently 20% done. Maybe it'll be done by launch.

You wont be able to access pts , you need PC account . I have ps4 and pc account and zos trolls send invitation on my ps4 acc , when i tried to log in on the pts with it guess what "invalid account or password" . I can log in with my PC acc but i dont have access to morrowind cuz the closed beta invite is only for my ps4 account that cant log in xD LmFAO
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    READ your email

@bareheiny

READ your email

@DrSweetazz

You wont be able to access pts , you need PC account . I have ps4 and pc account and zos trolls send invitation on my ps4 acc , when i tried to log in on the pts with it guess what "invalid account or password" . I can log in with my PC acc but i dont have access to morrowind cuz the closed beta invite is only for my ps4 account that cant log in xD LmFAO

Seriously?
    tumblr_inline_mvv90fWBnr1razod5.png
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, apologies for the confusion. We unintentionally sent some emails for beta to some console players. Beta and the PTS is, and remains, only on PC/Mac. Some of you may have received access to the closed beta forum section; this has been resolved, and you no longer have access since this is strictly for beta feedback.

Again, apologies for the mix-up here.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the confusion. We unintentionally sent some emails for beta to some console players. Beta and the PTS is, and remains, only on PC/Mac. Some of you may have received access to the closed beta forum section; this has been resolved, and you no longer have access since this is strictly for beta feedback.

Wait, so if I bought the game for PC and wanted to start testing, I can't do that now...? So I basically bought the PC version of the game for absolutely nothing...? That's... Good to know I suppose
    Edited by Izaki on April 25, 2017 9:30PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    Does ZOS realize some players when out and bought the pc version just because of this error?
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... It'd be a shame to allow console players to provide feedback I guess......
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I lost access when I shouldn't have
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    regret.
    Edited by film on April 25, 2017 9:44PM

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    I wasted 60 gigs of data downloading the updates for on my old pc account just so I could use the code. Doesn't seem like much but my data isn't cheap. I coulda bought the Morrowind update with that.

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ricam wrote: »
    I wasted 60 gigs of data downloading the updates for on my old pc account just so I could use the code. Doesn't seem like much but my data isn't cheap. I coulda bought the Morrowind update with that.

Yeah I wasted 20 euros on the PC version of the game... Even sent in a support ticket and no one ever mentioned anything about it being a mistake while they were telling me how to link my ESO account to my PC account and telling me whether the specs on my PC could run the game. It kinda sucks.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭

Hey guys, apologies for the money, time, data costs, figuring out how to get the pc version purchased, installed, the pts installed and logged in to find out you couldn't access the beta. Apologies we couldn't give you any official word for over 24 hours while we figured out who ducked this up.

Again apologies for our wondrous support system were have in place.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I too went out and bought the PC version for $30 on steam specifically because I got the closed beta invite and wanted to check it out. Also like others, I had sent in a support ticket but heard no response. Guess I just wasted $30 because of this mix-up...
    Edited by bubbygink on April 25, 2017 10:29PM
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was fun looking at the private forums while I had a chance :)!!! However my lips are still sealed as to what I saw!!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does this mean we are not under any NDA and can talk about all the things we've seen in those forums.
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it might go into a public pts at which point we'd have the pts. Actually was excited to go in and actually participate and provide feedback, maybe I still will for the public stuff. I knew this was a distinct possibility that I wouldn't have access, but it still burns. Their handling of it burns. But we're just the little guy.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait, so if I bought the game for PC and wanted to start testing, I can't do that now...? So I basically bought the PC version of the game for absolutely nothing...? That's... Good to know I suppose

ugh ZOS has royally done everything wrong this pts cycle
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I am assuming we cant say anything we saw on posts. Its like fight club we cant talk about it lol
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I too went out and bought the PC version for $30 on steam specifically because I got the closed beta invite and wanted to check it out. Also like others, I had sent in a support ticket but heard no response. Guess I just wasted $30 because of this mix-up...

Yeah we did just literally waste money because of a mistake. This is pretty inacceptable... I mean I'm fine with not having access to the beta, but my point is, why didn't Support mention anything? Why was I informed that it was totally fine for me to buy the PC game and enjoy the beta testing?

I mean this is the sort of stuff you rectify straight away to avoid situations like mine and @bubbygink and surely other players. Very sticky and unpleasant situations indeed. Again, I'm not salty because I'm not in Beta after all, I'm salty because I wasted money.

The likely response will probably be "you can still test on PTS". I suppose at least I have access to PTS now, indeed. Nothing to be excited about when you know that you could have been part of something more.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Well thanks..... I own both XB1 and PC versions of the game and my beta access was revoked. Even previously logged into Morrowind PTS to do some initial testing and commented in the closed forum section on some findings.

I guess it would be bad for console players to give any feedback.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    SO, AFTER READING THIS, MY DOWNLOAD FROM STEAM IS STILL IN PROGRESS CAN I GET A REFUND FROM STEAM IF THESE PRIVLAGES HAVE BEEN REVOKED?
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not so great news. Like the guy above if I bought a PC version and have access to test I can't now post?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the logic behind buying another account.

It didn't get invited. So it wouldn't have had access anyway.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

But you don't buy another account.

You buy the PC version, and link it to your existing account. At least, that's how I understand it works.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

But you don't buy another account.

You buy the PC version, and link it to your existing account. At least, that's how I understand it works.

Ah, that makes sense. They should reinstate beta access for the players who have done this then.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

It would have been nice to recive an e-mail Rescinding the invitation to the beta, for those "ooops" invitations that were sent out, Before i bought a Third Copy of your game. Checked my email at lunch today and was very excited to go home and was more than willing to pruchase a PC copy of the game to have the opportunity to test the upcoming release. Now after downloading and installing MY $30 copy of ESO for Pc, find out that i don't have access to the beta, that really upsets me. Knowing ill Likely not get a refund from steam. I would, as well as many others in the same position really appreciate a Re In-statement of the privilege that was mistakenly granted and revoked.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a garbage thing for ZOS to do and they are handling it the same way.

I just spent 30$ for a pc version, and all I get is a sorry?

They should give 3k crowns to each console account they tricked.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on April 26, 2017 6:20AM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if that is the case pm them on here and request access back to it. as for those who are mad console players do not get to "test" stuff, please understand that inorder to update ANYTHING on xb or ps the devs need to go through a bunch of hoops. the update needs to be processed and then put in to a push que. Thus it would make testing much to chaotic for consoles.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

if that is the case pm them on here and request access back to it. as for those who are mad console players do not get to "test" stuff, please understand that inorder to update ANYTHING on xb or ps the devs need to go through a bunch of hoops. the update needs to be processed and then put in to a push que. Thus it would make testing much to chaotic for consoles.

WOT has a Xbox test server, they update it weekly. Nice of you to speculate though.
    Edited by Jailbirdy on April 26, 2017 1:21AM
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    PM them? Why? I've tried that before. They don't respond.